Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyuzoS7

10-13-2013

@RiotScruffy

you still alive? did skarner rework cause an accident? or did you guys kill skarner and staying quiet and ETA on Battlecast Skarner?

Middle Erien

10-13-2013

Battlecast skarner sounds good to me.

Rhiathynn

10-13-2013

"At the moment we're really focused on Season 4 related work, so major reworks are on hold, unless they're already pretty far along (like Xerath for example)." - Meddler

I think they're trying to finish the S4 jungle changes first so they can balance new Skarner around the new jungle.

Irish Red Cap

10-13-2013

I think they are focused more on the Heimerdinger/Xerath reworks for the end of S3.

However, I've noticed that they are talking about fixing the gold strain on jungles/supports so this could be an indirect buff towards Skarner until he gets his re-work. It's a virtue to be patient guys. If you're patient you will enjoy what you're waiting for that much more when it comes to be.

Fawar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
This is a really great quote from Morello that is very important to Skarner's identity. The new kit still accomplishes those goals just in a different way. Skarner is able to more effectively get on to targets with the new E, and with the improved W he has an easier time keeping up with his targets. The target has a little more freedom of movement than before but Skarner is still able to maintain his effective range.

There was something more to skarner that seems to have been forgotten. I mained Skarner S2 and bought it the day it came out with both skins and played about 400 games with it before forgetting it in s3...

What was so fun of skarner was that he could scale with AP or AD Properly.

With Ap we had a strong tank dealing over time dmg and with AD a good 1vs1 brawler. I would like to know what are the scaling of every skills? I kind of love to start jungling and defined on which side I would go with skarner depending on how the game was going ? (Even more important now with the new jungler items)

Gaezerbeam

10-15-2013

What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?

I find the best part of playing Skarner isn't his ult, but his strong slow on chasing and pursuing enemies. Being able to slow them with your q and then constantly hitting them in between movement to reduce cd, and also speeding up with your e. I feel very few champions have this ability to stay on champions in the same way. It also isn't for the newest players because it requires a lot of practice to hit and move effectively while spamming q. I feel this is a very good and important aspect of Skarner's kit.

What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?

I would agree with many comments on the ult not hitting. I understand the nerf that was made earlier because people would use flash and he would still grab from an insane distant. But I feel now it is broken too easily. Also his e is super weak. Many players don't even grab a point in e until q and w are maxed. It provides almost no benefit.

Lord Spartacus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
Being able to pull someone into your team or away from there team to force flash/kill

• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
The attack speed does not stay when the shield runs out making his W pretty bad late game
His E has a really low heal late game if you don't have a lot of ability power (Inc base heal/lower ability power ratio)
Really mana hungry...

• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
If you are spotted and are away from turrets and allies you can not escape

• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
J4, Udyr, maybe lee sin...all have fairly more damaging skills when ganking as well as gap closers where as skarner has to first get to the enemy and then slow them hoping that the ally with deal the majority of the damage

Reeses13

10-16-2013

@RiotScruffy

Haven't heard anything in a while on this, and I really miss being able to play Skarner without my friends laughing

That being said, do you have any updates on this? Anymore changes that you've made? A time for the changes to go live?

Most importantly: Will this update come with a new skarner skin?!

Reeses13

10-16-2013

Trying to keep this on the front page to get some attention for poor poor skarner

Xeon897

10-17-2013

-Less Mana Consumption

-Very Slight Cooldown, Range, and Duration Tweak in Ultimate I'm sorry but waiting 2 mins for a 2 second pull with a range of 350 is really just pathetic although i do acknowledge that that could make him OP again especially if in a teamfight...

-Make his E more effective even if it had a little knock back like Maokai.

--
Skarner was the 2nd champion i have ever played and i continue to play him even if do main support his ultimate feeds my adc. Easily my favorite champion, his champion design is amazing.