Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skarquesa

09-18-2013

Can we get an update on what has happened? I'd like to know what is going on right now. There hasn't been a red post in a while.

Locke64

09-22-2013

-bump-

played with some good skarners today. one of them built triforce - is that more viable on him now with the recent change? I generally prefer slowing others over boosting my own MS, so I always get IG.

...and to remain on-topic, would it still be viable post-rework? Considering IG will be necessary and triforce negates its passive...

Potato Chip

09-22-2013

Could we have a new Skarner skin? Battlecast maybe?

Shahamut

09-24-2013

I feel like I need answer these before being allowed to post any other comments:

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?

He is a giant Scorpion. The ultimate makes my day. My favorite moment with this ultimate was when I was hiding in a jungle bush. My teammate was being chased by the opposing teams ADC. My teammate ran through the bush. My opponent was dragged into the bush. :P

• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?

Frustrating was never having a shield late game and thus losing on the attack speed. I started building Zephyr on him so that I could ignore the fact that I was getting one from the shield. Also, the E didn't really (in my experience) add much in the way of sustain for me mid to late game. Unfun? Never being able to catch up with a running opponent or initiate ganks outside of my ultimate. Might just be my skill level, but I found it frustrating none the less.

• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?

I actually never got to play against any skarners. I imagine the ultimate drag under a tower would be the most frustrating thing. :P

• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why? Anyone with a pull or high speed gap closer that wasn't flash.

Shahamut

09-24-2013

So, I wanted to share my thoughts/suggestions on the skarner changes to the kit. I like the idea of moving attack speed to the Q. Though this means getting rid of the perma slow, I think moving it to the E will be better overall and help skarner to initiate ganks better pre lvl 6. I was also thinking a lot on how to make skarner's kit still feel unique and not just copy paste repaints of other skills. (Which eventually, if you simplify things too far, arent they all?) Here are some suggestions I came up with, just in case it will be taken into consideration. (Exact numbers can be altered, these are my placeholders for now.)

Passive: Exactly the same. I like it.

Q- Crystal Slash

Skarner Leave it like it is. Except add a passive 10/15/20/25/30% increased attack speed.

*Crystal Energy charges are stored for 10 seconds or until used. Max 1 charge.*
-This is where I vary a bit. Skarner is charging himself with Energy. Why not empower other abilities as well?

W- Crystal Exoskeleton

Passive: Increase Skarners Armor and Magic Resist by 2/4/6/8/10. (lets face it, he doesnt lack an exoskeleton before this goes off.)

Active: Grants a shield equal to 50/100/150/200/250 (+80%AP) for 6 seconds. While Active, Skarner moves 10/20/30/40/50% faster. If charged with Crystal Energy, the charge is expended to grant Skarner 100% increased regeneration while the shield is active. In addition it adds 2 seconds to the max duration of the ability.

E-Fracture (name change?)

Fires a beam of energy that deals 30/50/70/90/110 (+80%AP) Magic Damage and marks targets hit. If Skarner deals damage to a marked target, the take 10/15/20/25/30(+10%AP) true damage per second for 3 seconds as there body is wracked with the crystal energy.

R-Impale

Suppresses the Target for 1.75 seconds and deals 150/200/250 (+60%AP) magic damage to the target. While suppressed, Skarner may act freely and drags the target with him. If Charged with Crystal Energy, the suppression lasts for .25 seconds longer and the target explodes when the duration ends, taking an additional 50/75/100 (+40%AP) magic damage and dealing the same amount to nearby enemies.

Thoughts anyone?

KyuzoS7

09-24-2013

skarner i really miss your kind

Irish Red Cap

09-24-2013

I will say this now, with the way Tri-force has become a powerhouse item right now, lane Skarner and even bruiser Skarner is in a very deadly place. I don't expect this to last long since Skarner isn't the one who benefits the most from TF nor is he the only champ that benefits from it.

While it is strong though I suggest people bringing out the Scorpion giving him some love, and practice, to let the world see he still exist!

Ciaphas22

09-25-2013

I think it would be cool to give him some sort of stealth. This will allow him a method to get into range for melee and use of his ult, and it fits with him being a giant burrowing scorpion.

As a jungler he is really weak because his only closing ability is a shield/AS/MS combo that is easily popped and has an 18 sec cool down. Compare this to junglers like Zac, J4, Shaco, etc. who all have significantly better closing abilities.

Edit: Another thing that would be awesome is to give him a burrowing ability that grants stealth while standing still similar to Teemo which would allow him to setup ambushes on unsuspecting champions.

Dermott77

09-26-2013

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
His ult and permaslow, you feel powerfull until someone use dash or flash to go away.
• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
Ganks get more fun after 6 lvl. His E is very useless, skarner require mobility to get close to the target, W gives as, movement boost and damage absorbtion. In lategame his shield is easily destroyed and he lost his bonus, that's sad..
• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
Hard to say becouse I don't even play against many skarners.

I think giving him a passive ressists on W is not a bad idea. I was little scared about removing his permaslow, but low cd on new E and passive would give him a better synergy.

DystryR

09-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
*snip*

E

-Look into better usability (faster projectile, faster cast, etc) may be one or all of these

How about the ability to cast it during his ult, which gives him the AS buff automatically while hes holding something.

This would provide a more synergistic kit.

EDIT: Realized this idea was obsolete as changes kept comming