Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirtyStan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

Reserved.

EDIT 1: Gonna get my Plat friend who mained Skarner jungle in S2 to give his insight and I'll post here.

Luscious Lenny

07-29-2013

aa

Meac

07-29-2013

I want his shield to have more defensive impact early without investing in too much AP.

Nasuuna

07-29-2013

His E, while it is an amazing spell, extremely underated, his other spells just outclass it so much early, that even for his clear its not worth it.

his ult cancels his auto? is this because ure afraid of ad skarner grabbing somebody and instakilling or? why?

Fiora Mid GG

07-29-2013

Skarners most irritating aspect? That you need to spend 1550 gold just to counter him, and if you're AP you don't even get an upgrade for this unlike Riot's petclass the ADCs. Woohoo, thanks, I love the fact that some champions can bring so much invisible power.

TwR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2013

I don't have much time since I have to go to work, but as a skarner player I feel saddened by the fact that thresh overshadows Skarner with the pull

Serpent Of Old

07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotscruffy View Post
hey all,
i’m going to be doing some skarner work and right here is one of the best places to start. There has been a great thread in the champion feedback forum (shoutout to irish red cap) with a lot of good discussion on how people are feeling about skarner’s current state.

So i’ve been doing some digging and unfortunately, poor skarner is being picked 80% less this year than he was last year. Some of this might be from some nerfs he has received, but it may also be because newer champs are outclassing him in what he does best. Either way, i think we all agree that skarner could benefit from a few improvements to make him more fun/viable for both skarner players and their opponents. Keep in mind, the goal here is not "make skarner op." there will always have to be strengths and weaknesses to all champions.

Before we get to any of the potential changes, we need to figure out what skarner’s strengths and weaknesses are right now. I have a few questions for you all, and you can answer these as a skarner player or even as someone who only has experience playing against skarner.

• what are the most fun aspects of playing skarner?
• what are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing skarner?
• what are the most frustrating aspects of playing against skarner?
• are there champions that do skarner’s job better than he does? Why?

I have my own personal answers to these questions, but i may be only seeing one side of the coin. There are some skarner players out there with wayyy more experience that i have, and i think there is a lot of valuable information that i may be missing. I have a feeling that once we get talking, we will come to some very useful conclusions. Gogogo

-scruff
we played a ranked match yesterday together i was that naut

lightdragoon88

07-29-2013

Attachment 744276

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?

Ult someone and dragging them.

• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?

No blue buff....no mana. No mana...no fun.

• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?

Don't know....never got to fight against one.

• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?

Almost all the other junglers.

1) Tanks junglers have better gap-closers/cc without having to drain so much mana

2) Burst junglers have better gap-closers/cc and can kill faster then him.

Sperpurber

07-29-2013

Fun: Super durable, great sticking power
Not so fun: easily kited by dashes/blinks, crystal shield never lasts long enough to benefit from the bonus stats

MrMan

07-29-2013

Can't wait to see where this thread goes.