Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mestergrog

08-13-2013

I was a little concerned about his Q no longer having a permaslow, but this looks good. As long as the cooldown is reasonable, Skarner's passive should allow him to keep using it to stick to targets (and being a ranged slow rather than close-up, the downtime between slows isn't as big of an issue since you can just slow them from range if they start getting away; The current Q slow has to have a very small downtime because of its low range). And being able to slow immediately up front is nice rather than having to get into melee range first.
And I guess I could always get Iceborn Gauntlet to replace the short range Q perma-slow, which is basically the same thing.

Locke64

08-13-2013

Catching your opponent, getting a few hits, losing it, and catching it again doesn't seem like it'd be as enjoyable as sticking alongside your target consistently - for either side of the exchange.

What's the cooldown on E? What's the duration of Q's stacks? If the gameplay is going to undergo this drastic change to stop-and-go cycles, hopefully we at least won't have to rebuild our Q stacks each time.

Sightless66

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldRakdos View Post
interesting, but what happen to the heal, is gone?, have you decide to eliminate it or is still in more testing?
For this iteration of the kit, the heal has been removed. To make up for it, the strength of the shield was increased.

Matzoballz

08-13-2013

give him a new animation with his scorpion tail on the e now

AshraNashal

08-14-2013

Bump for justice and in hopes that Mister Jesus did not get this thread closed.

Bikohoness

08-14-2013

Could we just get some kind of assurance that people who actually play Skarner will be able to test these changes before Riot decides that it is going to go live?

The Backstabber

08-14-2013

I think skarner should be given a gap closer where briefly burrows under the ground and emerges at the target location.

It fits his lore of how he hid underground for centuries.

Tons Of Range

08-14-2013

Quote:
Could we just get some kind of assurance that people who actually play Skarner will be able to test these changes before Riot decides that it is going to go live?
That's a silly question to ask which won't get fulfilled anyways.
There is the PBE for testing things before they go on live,they won't give any other test to skarner players.
Same with every other thing (balance changes,reworks,item changes etc).

Masarua

08-14-2013

Can we just not kill the AP skarner? I really love to play him and since all reworks of the champions already done include removing their alternative build... (rip AP yi).

Scruffy please, keep these AP scalings. x_x

Vivi R66

08-14-2013

Pliz dont make him a Nocturne at ganking, I hate Nocturne lol