Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorPain9

08-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambouské View Post
PULSFIRE SKARNER WHERe

Keep in mind that all of skarner's strenght and personality is about his stickiness so wether you go for the instant slow or the mark-then-slow you gotta remember that current skarner doesn't need to stop to proc the slow (use Q, run, use Q again, start to aa/spam). If you get the slow but it costs you to get behind it isn't worth it to slow people only to catch up to them for one aa.
Or you actually learn how to play your class and auto attack slow combo so your slowing and auto attacking as you run.

SpeedThru27

08-06-2013

Give skarner better early ganks and try to make his q seem like it's wasting aoe damag when your fighting big buff minions.

I've loved him always for his ult and your ability to nab adc's and mids. They should make it so his un is unescapable again (:

PlayLikeNewbs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2013

RiotScruffy, I hit 1000 wins! can you play with me to celebrate :> please?

http://imgur.com/L6ayCyE

archonshope

08-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remni Strath View Post
I'm liking the concept someone mentioned more and more of turning his E into a spiked slow terrain that impairs movement and does damage the more people walk through it, like Rumble's ulti and Kog's slime trail (granted his only does damage on hit). Could make it cone-based attack that does no initial damage, but will do damage and slow the longer they walk through it (kinda like the way you'd think caltrops would work). This would make it very effective in teamfights as well. I'm thinking a 400 range 75-90 degree arc in front of him. The damage would look something like 20/30/40/50/60 dmg/sec (0.2 AP ratio), and would progressively slow over time the longer they stay in it up to 40-60% MS max reduction. You would have to increase the CD on it a bit though to keep it in line with his passive and AS buff, otherwise he would keep you in a permanent cone of caltrops.

I like the idea of the W giving a % based health back depending on the shield amount still left when it expires. Maybe more like 50% of it, since it's so heavily based on AP and the initial amount isnt much.
I'm all in for a fracture that looks like a fracture in the ground. Hope you could test this idea and give us feedback on how it went. This will give you a slow ability, that slows your target when you want it, and be even more useful in the case where they stand their ground and fight. Giving you more purpose in a teamfight then just trying to ult someone towards your team. This will help you peel for your carries for example.

Ekolid

08-07-2013

Honstly Scruffy, I like all the changes -E, so this post will be only about E, since I'd really hate to see the heal and range of E go, I can suggest E to be a combination between the slow and the current E with some limitation to each:

-Make the on hit mark activation proc the slow instead of the heal, this makes it so the slow wont activate unless you go into melee range to proc it with Q or an AA

-Try making the slow increase over time(instead of the decrease you did in first test) much like Nasus's W, but only around 3 sec and with a lower slow at the end, this is important for many reasons, mostly is that his E got other tricks and it would be too strong if it did everything with no kind of limitation.

Secondly it's effect on ganks would be similar to how his current Q is in that you dont get the slow right away but over time with how the second Q slow is after ~2.5 secs from first slow if you make an autoattack. this will make his early ganks slow even better but will remove his perma slow ability he had over time. Also, it would be cool if affected champs get actually crystallized/petrified as they move, similar to the effect on Taric's shatter but it builds over time then breaks at the end.

-Now about his Heal, in lane i'll have to say, E is among the best and most underrated abilities any champ can dream to have, I'll have to do some explanation on this before I jump into suggestions or getting flamed: [the heal is great but most people don't know cause his E is clunky to use and feels out of his kit mainly cause of its cast time, junglers all can agree that his Q slow and AOE is more important to lvl first for ganking and faster clearing, but now since his slow is changed to E junglers can lvl E first too or have a mix at both! especially cause you still get to heal but with a rule and Q = faster clearing skill.

I'll have to say this "sleeper" secret though, what people don't really know is that his heal is among the best self heal abilities in the game atm, and being a melee hybird that can't use LS or SV effectivly this comes at uttermost importance, specially for lane.

Currently here's E at max rank with 40% CDR, 100 AP and some attack speed, if you are able to hit 2 targets, it's possible to heal by 90(30 from AP)+45(15) = 180 HP INSTANTLY like a ruby crystal every ~3 secs if you keep attacking, this coupled by his shield's 250+60 HP shield each ~5.5 secs makes him incredibly and surprisingly tanky while still attacking, without leech/HP just AR/MR, of course while dishing out high AOE dmg with hybrid items. a Skar built around this is easily be one of the best durable bruisers I've tested and kept a secret in the game. mid to late game with his core build at hand, he can possibly 1v1 a similar gold Udyr or even possibly fiora! if you mange not to miss your Es that is.

Not to mention that in lane after this type of harass he can retreat to heal over time from minion kills with E to out sustain not all but most laners from range given you have enough MP.]

Now that you've seen Skar's true awesome heal potential when abused, my suggestion is to nerf the whole on mark heal proc effect as it's broken in fights especially when coupled with the new slows, make it only heal if you kill an enemy, this will open the eyes of people around how important it is to last hit with E, while making him still a good laner in terms of sustain/harass. adjust the heal numbers as you see fit for general lane sustain in current meta.

-Moving on, his E still feels clunky to cast, please see if it's possible to make E cast-able while moving, this should be limited to only hit targets in front of skar while moving though, making him still a great chaser as he is now with his moving Q slow, if this proves hard to program, then a simple increase to cast speed should do similar results.

-Just another thing I have to throw in, again, It would be awesome and vital if you can E while ulting, to make his second ult's hit proc the slow RIGHT after the ult, this makes a choice in when to E effectively, right now Skar can slow with Q right after his ult with ease, and he have a perma slow on top, and this is very important point with skar's ult power that I'm afraid might go unadressed. Now with the slow moved to E, Skar wont be able to keep a slow on the target after ult, the enemy would then have a BIG chance to flash/run away after the ult without being slowed, cause after a flash it's quite hard for Skar alone to E then proc the slow. you can nerf ult's dmg if he proves too bursty.

-Basicly with this now Skarner gets a cool choice with E whether to SLOW or HEAL, depending on what you're hitting it on! or if you hit multiple targets you get/apply both effects at once.
--------
-Another simple change suggestion instead that helps keep the heal is if you can keep skar's heal proc there, but lower all healing by like 50%, but I doubt this is a better change cause with Q change skar can keep Q attack speed stacks lowering his E AND W CD much more that currently possible over time, making him over the top great engaged fighter. so it could do without the need of heal in fights, this all depends on Q's Attack speed testing and numbers.

-if all hope to keep E heal fails, then I can go with some fellow idea to make his W regen/heal a % of the shield if it stays after the 6 secs, but I have to be honest here, I wont like this type of skar playstyle then, in lane you'll have to be like garen/malphite in order to get the sustain. and it doesnt require as much skill as with E's last hitting minions to heal, hitting from cetain angles to harass or not to push.
---------
Bottom line. If you are going to remake Skar, please Scruffy test and think more about lane Skar, only then you'll know how important the heal is, he has an extremely unique lane play-style that I'll always favor, and with unique item builds. Wow long post that took me 1hr+ to write, but what's better than writing about one of my fave skills in the game! ~For anyone reading to this point, let me say this, even mid skar is so fun/effective, his E has 0.7 AP ratio +0.3 AP heal = ~more than 1 AP AOE that can be lowered in CD, and uses a not so hard to land skill shot, compare him to Xerath's Q for example at max rank it does only 235(.6 AP ), harder to hit and doesnt heal, but has longer range. as for the.6 AP shield compare him to rumble's .4 AP ratio's shield etc... you get the point in how tanky AP Skar is with just AP + AR/MR. his builds are maybe not easy to come up with but if you find the right combination there is no denying he's an extremely pleasing laner to play :3

Dracoz7171

08-07-2013

His heal can be really overpowered if you get liandry's because it will auto proc the heal and it will do a lot of damage but honestly i love skarner just the way he is. i like a lot of the ideas above but some of them not so much, and since i don't feel like doing a really long post like that one right now, ill have to do it later possibly. but ya and also, are you guys gonna release battlecast skarner when and if you rework him and if not then, when?

MarhsallLee67

08-07-2013

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
His ultimate is amazing- not only is it one of the best, if not the best, teamfight engages in the game, he's so tanky that you can just walk right into the other team and pull out their carry without taking much damage, courtesy of his shield and a correct build.
• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
skarner is nearly 100% close-ranged. his one skill shot barely has any range at all, and to use his slow you practically have to be right next to your target.
• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
tbh, the only skarners I've gone up against didn't seem to know what they were doing, and in turn weren't that much of a threat. he's pretty easy to counter if the user does not have much experience with skarner.
• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
imo...not really. udyr can get tanky and has good cc, but skarner's ultimate engage takes the cake. he's the best at what he does, plain and simple.

to be honest, while an upgrade would be nice (*cough* slow on his e *cough*)...skarner doesn't really need one. I very rarely lose a game when I play skarner jungle, and I often end up carrying the team. if people don't want to learn how to play skarner, whatever. more wins for me :<D

Ehh No Way

08-07-2013

What about having Attack speed on his Q then have it So when he has his W on his auto attacks slow Then you have have his E When it hits a target like zeds ulti were if you can deal damage you will get more healing out of it?

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2013

@RiotScruffy:

E: Becomes like live version, dealing damage and applying a mark, except now when you explode the mark, it slows the target. Exploded marks could also do something else, like strengthening Skarner's shield or extending its duration. Just a thought.

Faster Mustache

08-07-2013

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
Pretending I'm playing DotA.
• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
Having to ask the enemy team permission to do anything. Though I guess that is his gimmick, it still sucks.
• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
Who?
• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
Anyone; he's the only hero in which gap-closers take precedence over ult.