Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muramas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

Some skin suggestions

mecha skarner : http://deepeshk.files.wordpress.com/.../scorponok.jpg
Smoke / cloud skarner : http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3493/...a36b12e55f.jpg
Riot Skarner : http://nashor.com/pics/1729.gif

Vivi R66

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
E is a mixed bag, and we are still testing around with a few different versions of the spell. Some liked the on next hit version of the ability, some were lukewarm to it. I'll update if we come to any resolutions. I have seen a few good ideas on here for the E as well that I might try out.
If on next hit means itsl ike before, that the mark was consumed on ANY damage, it doesnt work very well if the objective is to chose when to proc the slow, as a redbuff, liandry, lizard elder or sunfire cape would autoamtically proc the slow for you. Slow right away would be more consistant!

Quote:
I too would like some new Skarner skins... I'll see what we can do.
There was a Battle Cast Skarner tip on Cho's Battle Cast blueprints... so yeah, get us that :P

Cyraknoss

08-05-2013

Quote:
Please make it the Battlecast Skarner that's been visible in the background of Battlecast Chogath for freaking ever. I've wanted Battlecast Skarner ever since I saw that little easter egg.

GettingDangerous

08-05-2013

Quote:
Hey guys, sorry for the long silence. Stuff is going really well for Skarner over here, and I may have more updates soon. We have done a bunch of playtests on the new kit and are getting lots of good feedback.

Coupling the attack speed with the Q has been super well received. It feels very natural and his ramping threat/brawling feels stronger than ever.

W speed increase has also been very effective in making him get into fights more consistently but not without some effort still.

E is a mixed bag, and we are still testing around with a few different versions of the spell. Some liked the on next hit version of the ability, some were lukewarm to it. I'll update if we come to any resolutions. I have seen a few good ideas on here for the E as well that I might try out.

The changes to R have been 100% awesometown. Everyone feels like it is more consistent and meeting the players expectations when they activate the ability.

What are the changes to his R? I don't see anything on it, can you inform us please!

skittlzlol

08-05-2013

What if the on next hit E caused the earth in a line behind the target (or opposite the direction that was struck) to fracture, splintering up for up to 6 seconds, slowing enemies that walk over it (similar to ziggs but unsure if it'll consume some of the earth walked over), enemies still on top of it continue to be slowed until they walk off.

Or if it's poor concept for ganking, first activation fractures earth in a line (still resets auto attack) and causes the next attack to fracture again, so effectively two lines of fractures (slowing enemies) up, disrupting team fights pretty nicely.

Remni Strath

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingDangerous View Post
What are the changes to his R? I don't see anything on it, can you inform us please!
The change was when you first use the ability, it roots the target during the channeling process so it's much more effective at grabbing people and makes it less inconsistent for when they just barely move out of your range.

Welkc

08-05-2013

I just saw this thread and I instantly said screw going to sleep and read it... The tested changes so far all sound amazing and I feel that this could definitely make him a viable pick as a jungler or a top laner... especially liking the changes to his E so far!! - Battlecast Skarner... if/when you come out... you're gonna get a lot of love.

Bambouské

08-06-2013

PULSFIRE SKARNER WHERe

Keep in mind that all of skarner's strenght and personality is about his stickiness so wether you go for the instant slow or the mark-then-slow you gotta remember that current skarner doesn't need to stop to proc the slow (use Q, run, use Q again, start to aa/spam). If you get the slow but it costs you to get behind it isn't worth it to slow people only to catch up to them for one aa.

Hydragyrum

08-06-2013

Maybe a True Ice/ Blackfrost/ Black Ice Skarner.

tehdef

08-06-2013

Quote:
Hey guys, sorry for the long silence. Stuff is going really well for Skarner over here, and I may have more updates soon. We have done a bunch of playtests on the new kit and are getting lots of good feedback.

Coupling the attack speed with the Q has been super well received. It feels very natural and his ramping threat/brawling feels stronger than ever.

W speed increase has also been very effective in making him get into fights more consistently but not without some effort still.

The changes to R have been 100% awesometown. Everyone feels like it is more consistent and meeting the players expectations when they activate the ability.

Scruffy. Can we please get rid of the targetted ult. It's so damn cheesey and has ZERO counterplay other than "Cho'gath stand on top of important people." I love Skarner, but holy **** his ult is boring.

Can we please make it a lasso ability. Give it a range, and when it hits a champion, it gives off an Iceborn Gauntlet poison sting animation when it hits, so anything in the radius gets slowed, and takes damage? It'll have to be a line nuke, but it will be so much more fun than just clicking somebody at a stupid close range and it'll allow a shen to catch the telegraph and leap in front of the projectile or something. Let there be some counterplay and skill involved. Click X target is boring, especially on ults.