Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HRH MadSheep

07-30-2013

I was the 200th upvote.

Poketoa

07-30-2013

• What are the most fun aspects of playing Skarner?
Running down someone with your shield up and getting that grab, then dragging them back to your team for an easy kill.
• What are the most frustrating/unfun aspects of playing Skarner?
Early game ganks. Terrible. Before level 6 you basically can't gank and your counterganks aren't that good.
If you don't have mobility boots yet, you have to burn flash to surprise people, and when you do, they flash out of your ult.
People who know what they're doing flash out of your ult. Nice job, ult wasted and you ran in for nothing, enjoy the team CCing you and dropping your teammates.
His E doesn't feel satisfying, I never even noticed the heal.
• What are the most frustrating aspects of playing against Skarner?
The fact that no one ever plays him but me. Lol.
• Are there champions that do Skarner’s job better than he does? Why?
Jarvan has better utility and a somewhat similar ganking style with his E>Q or R.

I'm not that great of a player so some of what I say has less credit than it could, but Skarner's my favorite champ.
Oh, and one more thing - get working on those new skins :P

Kaixe Rho

07-30-2013

I trust you Scruffy!
Make sure to explain IN DETAIL how you're planning to make skarner more powerful + more balanced by changing his kit here and there. A lot of people like his E poke (though I kinda hate it, heheh) and if you think a melee range autoattack enhancer will be able to retain his pokability, explain why. People like his heal, if you want to get rid of it explain how the buff to the shield will make up for it! People get SCARED at change, and that's understandable. If it feels good in testing, awesome, but we don't know how it feels, we just focus on the gameplay elements we like and hearing that they might disappear.

People want their bug to be strong, but also have a similar gameplay experience to the one we're used to now. Anyway, I trust you'll get everything right, so keep up the good work.

DracoKnight7

07-30-2013

I was skeptical about the changes at first because skarners kit syncs really well apart from his E. But the changes to his E and Q sound amazing. Just incase i missed it, is his shield getting buffed for the lack of healing? I always found his shield to be way more useful then his healing ever was.

Kokonokoo

07-30-2013

It feels to me that he BURNS through mana way to fast. He also seems to not do to much in team fights aside from his ult... no damage, no utlity, bleh.

Ferocitus

07-30-2013

So in Season 2 I started out in Bronze, Skarner carried me out and into Gold, I got a 9 win streak first with only Skarner, then shortly after that I got a 12 win streak, I love Skarner for that, but after a few changes right after Season 3 started I stopped playing him as much, I played 160 games with him in season 2 (Tried to go for 120 wins and 60 losses but 119 wins and 61 losses) and so I really wanted him a bit buffed.
The fact that I can permanently slow someone unless I get stunned or something, and I can speed up and if they try to escape, I can always ult, there's little they can do to escape once they get caught up in my slow. I also love his passive, so if he has attack speed, its even harder to get away. Also, I really love how he can E the whole wraith camp and just one Q will heal him right back up, I honestly love the sustain in the jungle, and I would love if Skarner could keep it.
The fact that someone like Lux or Morgana can just Q me and I can't do anything about it, Skarner is a relatively big target, making him easier to Q with those two, and if he dodges he still my get caught due to his size, as well as Ezreal being able to do that with Iceborn Gauntlet. Also, another thing is that his skills are so costly and he is super mana dependant, even in late game, so thats another thing that frustrates me.
I never really play against Skarners due to their scarceness, so I'm usually the Skarner.
Yes, Rammus, he is much faster than Skarner making it harder to Q him with Lux or Morgana, and even if they Q him, if they touch him at all, they get knocked and then taunted, and his taunt is just as good as Skarner's ultimate, much longer as well, I think double more time than Skarner, so in all honesty, he can gank better than Skarner but there is one thing he doesn't have, and that's Skarner's permaslow, so Skarner can 1v1 people, but Rammus can't because he doesn't have any skills as offensive as Skarner's. But Rammus is only one champion, there are others but this message has gotten a bit long now.

afewmormans

07-30-2013

skarner is easily my favorite jungler.
1. he is an amazing duelist
2. amazing clear
3. great in teamfights cause of his aoe damage/slow
4. tanky but can still do enough damage your enemy has to respect you
5. like mundo he goes where he pleases
6. carry killing ult

he only has 2 (3 counting ult) useful skills, his e is the only thing holding him back but i dont know what can takes its place and not be op cause he is pretty powerful.

he is only frustrating to play against when he is fed due to the fact he can build very tanky and still do damage
skarners has alot of jobs. one is to be the teams initiator/tank and there are several champs that do it better like zac, jarven, hecarim, naut, and malphite due to their gap closing skills. another is a counter jungler due to how good a duelist he is but nunu (consume+slow then run away) and shaco (invis+boxes) do that job better

KillAlQaeda5871

07-30-2013

So Skarner gets a QQ nerf aka "Rework" on his permaslow when you got Nasus running around with Wither doing a near permaslow from range and Skarner has to get in AA range so that wouldnt be very fair to nerf it. After all his ult was nerfed because people QQing. Play test him with nerfs reverted at the least maybe it will different with new itemization. People cry all day about Nid's spears and they do nothing but poor Skarner the bastard child gets nerfed every time somebody QQ's about him.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Only on Skarner's damage, but it is pretty easy to follow up with a Q or an auto attack. I think it will make his gank power pre 6 pretty strong.
Is the slow a 1 point wonder, or is the difference between the level 1 effect and the level 5 effect significant? I really like the sound of the changes with Q having the AS buff and the buffs to shield and E actually being useful now, but it sounds like Skarner is going to be giving up a major part of his kit no matter how skill order he goes if he need the level 5 effects of every spell to get the full effect.

Ferocitus

07-30-2013

If you do remove the heal from E I think you should add it to the Q and as you said make the slow every other it, I still don't think do you should do that but have the Q heal every few hits, like Master Yi's passive. His cooldown on his current E is 10 seconds and so if you do put the heal into Q, well his Q's cooldown is 3.5 seconds, however if you add in the passive, its not all that long, so I think 7 hits would be pretty solid, feel free to play with that idea though