Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cuix

Senior Member

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiznazTM View Post
These thread are always dominated by whiny crybabies who always think new is better, Its not. Do you even play Skarner? Because it certainly sounds like you don't.
You're being a brat. If you think you have an actual point to make, then calm down and make it without the ad hominem attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiznazTM View Post
It's sickening to me that Reds only care about the people who want new because half of them certainly aren't improved, Karma is a perfect example, and they never even asked Karma players what they want. And now we have a thread that says "You Ruined Karma" that has over 600 upvotes and hundreds of players begging for her to go back to normal, it's disgusting the people complaining are the ones who KNOW how Karma used to play, and know how Karma plays now.
Karma is a perfect example of what this isn't. Here, a red is coming in and asking about what players want, and is trying to incorporate and address feedback. Scarizard completely failed on all fronts to understand what was enjoyed about Karma, why it was enjoyed, and where to retain iconic points of power while removing some potentially toxic or oversaturated elements. Xelnath, Wav3Break, and now Scruffy are trying to be sure that such a failure does not happen again. I fully understand your fears here, because I really feel as though Scarma was a mistake, but that shouldn't mean that we don't allow other Rioters to do a better job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiznazTM View Post
Half the people in these threads just want to see what they want to see. Fixing Old Karma: Give her a Root on Spirit Rope or w/e.

Fixing Skarner: Changing his E. Why is this some sort of project? I don't care what Xelnath started, nobody wants reworks of perfectly balanced champions that have 1-2 MINOR issues with their kit.


Go look at the Yorick thread, it's full of "I WANT NECROMANCER CHAMPION LOL" Just make a new god damn champion. Why are you listening to these people?
These changes don't seem at all drastic. Skarner is having some power moved around, like Thresh and Kha have had before, and his E is being changed to allow him both consistency and counterplay. Your concerns are valid, but they're completely drowned in hyperbole and intentional ignorance. You really need to step away from this for a bit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlehhhhBlahhhh

Junior Member

07-30-2013

I came up with some ideas for changes.

Passive: Everytime Skarner hits an enemy applies a crystal splinter. Hitting the enemy anything removes splinter and heals you.

Q: Add everytime q lands it lowers all cooldowns by 1 second. Lower mana cost back down to 20 all levels.

W: Two buffs. One with shield and another attack speed+move speed, this way the buff doesnt disappear instantly after shield is gone.

E:havent thought of something for this. maybe something that reduces slows?

R: Imaple. lower cd and increase range?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bombkirby

Senior Member

07-30-2013

I don't want to hear that Karma stuff. Its completely off topic! This isn't even a DRASTIC change! This isn't a case where Riot should "Just make a NEW champion with this new kit!" Its a minor moving around of power.

What this could have been:

Skarner Rework!

Q: Targetted stun!
W: Dash to the target!
E: Long range skill shot!
R: AoE damage knockup ultimate!

What it IS:

Quote:
From what I can tell this is what I think I've gathered from the rework:

Q- Stronger/(Longer?) slow, but isn't permanent. (Its a change or a slight nerf depending on the numbers)
W- Faster speed (with ramp up time) bigger shield. Attack speed moved to Q. (Overall Buff)
E- More damage, on next hit attack (good for sheen procs which he usually gets), wider AoE (Overall Buff)
R- "Ironing" it out so its more reliable at grabbing people. (Overall Buff)

3 buffs and 1 possible nerf. Looks like a pretty good deal to me!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorPain9

Senior Member

07-30-2013

Sheen proc isnt an issue since its Q that is being spammed.

Also they are testing moving slow to E, which is a huge nerf to his power. Completely removing his perma slow isn't worth the trade for shuffling these abilities around.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsun Meta Knight

Junior Member

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post


These changes don't seem at all drastic. Skarner is having some power moved around, like Thresh and Kha have had before, and his E is being changed to allow him both consistency and counterplay. Your concerns are valid, but they're completely drowned in hyperbole and intentional ignorance. You really need to step away from this for a bit.
I have to respectfully disagree. This isn't a moving of power, this is blatantly moving effects from skills to other skills for no reason.

Why does Skarner need an attack speed buff on his Q? This is completely and utterly useless for him besides a level 1 clear.

Why does the proposed E have to take the Slow from his Live Q? Why is he purposely butchering his Live Q (Good damage, and good slows), just to simply slap a quick attack speed buff on it?

Why can't they just scrap E in favor of something that actually makes sense, and isn't a cop-out skill for his "permaslow" problem. There's no reason for his Live Q to be separated and then have a simple "attack speed" buff tacked onto it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsun Meta Knight

Junior Member

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
I don't want to hear that Karma stuff. Its completely off topic! This isn't even a DRASTIC change! This isn't a case where Riot should "Just make a NEW champion with this new kit!" Its a minor moving around of power.

What this could have been:

Skarner Rework!

Q: Targetted stun!
W: Dash to the target!
E: Long range skill shot!
R: AoE damage knockup ultimate!

What it IS:
Just in case you missed my argument.

Actually, no, Q is now an increase to his attack speed which is worthless on a champion like Skarner. This is a nerf.
W is now faster (After a certain time) and has a bigger shield (After a certain time). This is a mix up between a nerf and a buff. If you lose your shield early (Which is a problem Skarner ALREADY HAD), you never reach the full potential of your mspeed/shield.
This is a buffnerf.
E is now an on hit effect that debuffs enemies and grants them slows. Your argument for sheen procs is null due to the fact that his current Q already procs sheen fast enough on TOP of already being the built-in slow.
This is a nerf.
R will hopefully be fixed or ironed out, as you stated.
This is a buff.

I count two nerfs, one buffs, and one mix-up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorPain9

Senior Member

07-30-2013

Scruffy, none of these changes seem like an equal trade for completely removing his perma slow!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knight Magenta

Junior Member

07-30-2013

I've played AP Skarner top a few times. I really enjoy the heal on his fracture. I think there is interesting interaction with the opponent trying to stop me from procing my heals.

A few things:
1) The particle for the heal looks like the muramana proc. This is sort of cunfusing and I don't think its obvious to the enemy that I am healing from the marks. Maybe have a little botrk style particle.

2) If I buy Liandry's Torment, I automatically proc all of my heals. This is really strong, but I am not sure if this is an intended interaction.

3) My Q feels wasted because when building AP, it only does damage on the second strike. It would be interesting if it did escalating damage on each hit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UndeadAl

Senior Member

07-30-2013

i actually can get on board with this kit sounds really fun


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saavedro88

Member

07-30-2013

I'm really not understanding how moving his slow from Q to E is an improvement. You're also talking about adding some attack speed into his Q, why bother? Why take it from the W at all?

If you remove the slow from Q, you're essentially removing the only real use that Skarner has as a jungler/tank and turning him Solely into an annoying bruiser. This is not a good change, we don't want another bruiser, we want a useful Skarner. ALL that needs to be done is a buff/rework of his E, that's all. Make it do something useful, preferably something with some CC so he can be relevant again.

I REALLY like the idea of a burrow ability. It would certainly be new and unique, and would add to his utility as well. If you included maybe a knock-up of some kind when he "dug-up," That would be PERFECT.