Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShiznazTM

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
I already posted about that:
If you read further he states that the "Random Nature" of Phage is what makes it "Fair".

MajorPain9

07-30-2013

Skarner with out his perma slow is just a different form of Udyr. Your gutting what made him unique and honestly I would rather have him remain as is with the crappy E, and just getting the buff to movement speed and his abilities costing less mana.

BestVayneMars

Recruiter

07-30-2013

Keep this please:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJXbJNO7F-4

Locke64

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyOps View Post
I hope you mean ramp up as in an instantaneous one, not gradually like Hecarim's.
He means gradually, in order to lessen its effectiveness as an easy escape.

Bombkirby

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiznazTM View Post
If you read further he states that the "Random Nature" of Phage is what makes it "Fair".
Cherry picking. Bottom line is that they're looking at it. Expect phage to be changed or gone. Come to terms with it now so it's easier on us. If Skarner's Q is going "bye bye" then phage/mallet can be expected to be hit with something.

Also Skarn's Q is AoE so that may be a factor. An AoE annoying mechanic is always much more dire than a single target one. Imagine an AoE LB burst combo, or an AoE Cait ult that hits everyone.... something like that would be nerfed many many many many times because you couldn't block global damage! (Karthus Ult)

MajorPain9

07-30-2013

Also is anyone taking into account that a ramp up movement speed will indirectly give a buff to ANY adc with Botrk, making it even harder to reach and possibly negating his slow since it will be on CD?

Klubbles

07-30-2013

I like the idea of his auto reset e, but this makes him a shyvana replacing %health damage with slows (and mana of course)

-Constant AOE
-Mixed damage
-Movespeed buff
-Inherent tankyness
-Now has an auto reset
-Lowers cooldowns with AA's

At this point the only difference between the two seem to be %health dmg, slows, and the ults.

Is this something you guys are okay with?

Bombkirby

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain9 View Post
Also is anyone taking into account that a ramp up movement speed will indirectly give a buff to ANY adc with Botrk, making it even harder to reach and possibly negating his slow since it will be on CD?
I think they were nerfing Botrk for ranged characters anyways regarding the speed boost.

Quote:
"Quote (Phreak):The goal of the item was to beat health stacking, not for melee only to beat health stacking.

I know we're nerfing the active in a coming patch, because it's too good for ranged champion kiting."
Besides its similar to Hec's charge, and thats not exactly a defining problem he has.

Bombkirby

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyOps View Post
I hope you mean ramp up as in an instantaneous one, not gradually like Hecarim's.
He means so they can make it much faster so Skarner can get in range easily, but give it ramp up so the higher speed boost can't be used to instantly escape any danger. The only reason Hecarim doesn't have his ramp up speed boost break on damage is because he doesn't have spammable slows and a drag-back ultimate. Also remember they're making Skarner's shield bigger. He will be able to take more damage before it pops.

ShiznazTM

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
Cherry picking. Bottom line is that they're looking at it. Expect phage to be changed or gone. Come to terms with it now so it's easier on us. If Skarner's Q is going "bye bye" then phage/mallet can be expected to be hit with something.

Also Skarn's Q is AoE so that may be a factor. An AoE annoying mechanic is always much more dire than a single target one. Imagine an AoE LB burst combo, or an AoE Cait ult that hits everyone.... something like that would be nerfed many many many many times because you couldn't block global damage! (Karthus Ult)
These thread are always dominated by whiny crybabies who always think new is better, Its not. Do you even play Skarner? Because it certainly sounds like you don't. It's sickening to me that Reds only care about the people who want new because half of them certainly aren't improved, Karma is a perfect example, and they never even asked Karma players what they want. And now we have a thread that says "You Ruined Karma" that has over 600 upvotes and hundreds of players begging for her to go back to normal, it's disgusting the people complaining are the ones who KNOW how Karma used to play, and know how Karma plays now. Half the people in these threads just want to see what they want to see. Fixing Old Karma: Give her a Root on Spirit Rope or w/e.

Fixing Skarner: Changing his E. Why is this some sort of project? I don't care what Xelnath started, nobody wants reworks of perfectly balanced champions that have 1-2 MINOR issues with their kit.

Go look at the Yorick thread, it's full of "I WANT NECROMANCER CHAMPION LOL" Just make a new god damn champion. Why are you listening to these people?