Trundle Good, Bad or Just Ugly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kijik

12-10-2010

Q is a beast...it's instant so if you use it in between auto attacks it's a 3 attack burst, and it's physical damage with a raising ad ratio spell...think panth's Q but melee...stack up some armor pen and you'll faceroll with it in terms of damage...

I'm thinking

Spirit Visage(for the passive, ult, and extra HP and MR)
Zerkers
Ghostblade
Brutalizer(yes, 1 brut and GB stack)
Starks
Trinity Force
GA

decent mix of tankiness with large output of damage.

Petrove

12-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailyMcSadPants View Post
Its like this:

Why play Trundle when you could play Olaf?
I'd say mainly because they're totally different. They only use similar items (if you go that route with Trundle). The guy a few posts or so above me put it the best. The best Trundles use their abilities on the right targets. Also, that E man...that's why. If you don't want to mess with that sort of ability, then by all means, play Olaf. He's a great champ. All I'm saying is that if you have a good Trundle on your team, you're really glad he's there, cuz you'll notice a significant, positive difference in how a lot of your team fights end up. Especially in the jungle.

Kieloch

12-11-2010

I like Trundle. Took a little getting used to at first, but I'm getting into a groove. I have a guide for him here.http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...k-hybrid-38070

I've had good success with this build. I want to try other stuff out with him.

Parasamgate

12-13-2010

Trundle is very funny and a pleasure to play.

And his E is one of the best skill shots available.

U can even save towers with that, save your ass from a 5v1 chase or separate a team in a team fight.

And you can break a lot of ults, but the details I'll leave unexplained, for a reason, eheh.

His Q is nice for last hitting and does some fair damage when maximized.

The W is very good for a cc, like said before, for chasing and escaping also and saved me some times.

The ult, imo just sucks, at least when it comes to damage dealing. I couldn't kill champions with just a trace of HP. Ignite works better with dying champions, so I only use the R in the beginning of team fights, on the stronger champion so i can get *some* buff.

So I think trundle is very balanced and requires some skill to performs decently, but his passive and ult need some improvement.

OutlawSimon

01-15-2011

In my opinion trundle fails,They seriously need too boost his ultimate becuase even though you cast it on a tank and rape its not as nearly effective when you die in a matter of seconds...

Hannor

01-15-2011

Trundle is pretty **** good, tbh. He is just about the most versatile character in the game

If you are dying that fast, then build him tankier. He is not a champ that is all about the straight damage.

Petrove

02-20-2011

Yeah you shouldn't die instantly. You're playing him wrong, gotta say.

Twindry

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moobeat View Post
His jungling abilities are decent. I've done a few practice games with him and I can get dragon at 5 no problem with only razors. Not a huge feat, but not to bad. Coming out of the jungle with Ghost, W speed buff, and E slow is pretty decent for ganking. I wish Q was more desirable.
Im sorry but his Q is a MUST for his jungling. I dont see why your saying it isn't disirable considering that it allows for double hit gives you AD while lowering the person hit with it.it also has a slightly longer range then auto attack so is good for chasing.

Nexus Crawler

10-30-2011

I didn't bother reading all of this but Trundle is not a terrible champion. I have to agree with what has been said before where the people that think so are probably the ones that throught Irelia was a terrible champion on release and not absolutely beastly (took down a fed Yi, and Annie 2v1 when she was released).

Trundle when used as a Tanky fighter type can be pretty beastly. Just a couple of days ago I went 3v1 with him on Dominion under our windmill and beat them out killing all three. He's not as "OMG Run!" as a fed tryn, but he can dish it out and take it. Once you have a decent amount of experience with him he can really wreck especially against AD heavy teams because of his AD debuff.

Cahptor

10-30-2011

Look at how bad these necro-posts are. Please read the date before replying to someone. Most of this information prior to this page is horribly outdated.