Riot! When can we see more abstract looking champions?

1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2013

EDIT: What the heck mods, this doesn't belong here. "Art and Audio Feedback"? This isn't feedback, that would require something that's already existing, this is suggesting new ideas...

(INC spam of large images, bear with me.)

I find lots of weird abstract enemies in stuff make for unique creatures, they really interest me, and there's not much of it in League of Legends.

Only thing we really have is Cho'Gath
Name:  Cho'Gath(LoL Fan Art).jpg
Views: 4775
Size:  85.2 KB

I really like Cho's art style, though I don't like him as a champion mechanics-wise(not my style of play). We need more of this! Weird and abstract creatures(or even just clothing styles) are interesting, they can also use a lot of symbolism in their looks to add to character/relate to lore things.

Just like Majora's Wrath
Name:  Majora's Wrath(The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask).jpg
Views: 4423
Size:  80.8 KB

This ending boss is just weird, flat out weird, it's a mask that has a mind of it's own and goes insane, and this is it on it's final level on insanity. The center of the body is the mask, and it goes nuts and grows a body along with the mask to try and kill you. It's crazy, speaking of enemies that grow...

U.B., or Ultimate Being is a weird boss too
Name:  U.B.(Parasite Eve).jpg
Views: 4119
Size:  18.2 KB

This thing just looks like, well, a thing. It's this weird thing and it looks awesome, I can't say too much about this one since I don't know the whole story, just found this while going through Youtube music... It's a crazy evolved thingy, all I need to know. It has sort of a graceful look to it honestly, although it's weird. Much like:

Zeron
Name:  Zeron(Pandora's Tower).jpg
Views: 4145
Size:  96.1 KB

It has a "wicked" and sinister look, though it's also got this graceful artsy look to it. It's not exactly an ideal shape for taking a stroll around town, but screw that, it looks cool. I mean, imagine walking around and seeing something like that just walking down a street.

Speak of the devil, or actually an angel believe it or not, that happens when you encounter Iustitia
Name:  Iustitia(Bayonetta).jpg
Views: 4397
Size:  199.4 KB

Iustitia decides to attack you at a random moment at an airport. The game Bayonetta has some really cool looking bosses, but this one isn't too much like the rest, this is supposed to be one of the four highest angels and represents justice. Yeah, hardly resembles anything you'd want to see in heaven, more like something from hell, it's the only one that has a true evil look about it, the rest just look weird, this thing is just horrifying.

Big ball creatures can be mysterious looking, like Wendy
Name:  Wendy(NieR).jpg
Views: 4112
Size:  108.3 KB

I don't think a ball-like thing would ever really fit in the league, but it's a good example of something that has a dark feel to it... It's just got a ominous aura to it.

So do the early concepts for Midna
Name:  Midna Concept Art(The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess).jpg
Views: 4733
Size:  155.7 KB

I really wish they went with something more along these lines, this is a good example of a way you can still have a humanoid form of something and still make it super abstract, maybe we could get a champion that's still nothing huge like Cho'gath but still weird?

Zingorge is something that is more along the lines of a beast than a humanoid or simply abstract being
Name:  Zingorge(Monster Hunter).jpg
Views: 4141
Size:  64.6 KB

Nice hulking feel to it, really bulky while still looking insane. It's body doesn't really tower up but remains low, kinda reminds me of...

Omen, a champion that was supposed to be released but thrown out, Riven was quickly released instead
Name:  Omen Concept(League of.. you know...).jpg
Views: 4306
Size:  17.3 KB

Really sad this guy got replaced, he really looked cool in the few images we got of him. He's got this weird/creepy/insane look about him. Back on the hulking subject, I'll put my last example.

Belias, nice and hulky again, looks really boss
Name:  Belias(Final Fantasy).jpg
Views: 193
Size:  36.2 KB

Has a real hellish look, what with the hoofs&horns, the gate-like design patterns on it's weapon/horns, the fiery look, and the grasping arms, it's really something that looks like a guardian of hell or something(maybe it is something like that, I really don't know, I'm scared of Final Fantasy lore as there's so much to it).

This concludes my thread which will probably get drowned by GD, just really hoping Riot would be open to more wild and abstract champions, or even map styles, but I'll save you all the trouble and not go off on land style.

-Other posts by me-
Use of facial features.
Why can't we have nice things? We can!
Symbolism!!
Gathering of other posts no.1

Legalt

07-28-2013

Bump!

Interesting idea.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2013

Everyone feel free to add stuff, I'mma try to add stuff now and then for bumping.

Draciusen

07-28-2013

I just want more Void champions.

Uracle

07-28-2013

Aatrox should have had a more abstract design imo

XSwagSwagYoloX

07-28-2013

They said they avoid monstrous and weird characters because their aesthetics don't sell as much.
It's pretty lame since monsters are neat imo

Asylum Lux

07-28-2013

Giygas champion please

Duckin Sicks 2

07-28-2013

Looks like some nerdy ass ****.

Ebonmaw Dragon

07-28-2013

Riot we need a champion that looks like this:

Name:  Abstract-Art-Painting-Dorit-Ruff-2.jpg
Views: 4469
Size:  543.5 KB

Desynkronize

07-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckin Sicks 2 View Post
Looks like some nerdy ass ****.
Bayonetta, Nerdy

wat

1234511 ... 18