My Amamu AP build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naesala

12-17-2009

I usually play a AP build for amamu, it's great for either aoe damage or nuking.

I'm starting with a "Doran's Shield" for the hp5 and health (wich makes it possible to stay alive in the same line under a longer time for example till lvl 6 or higher). After that I'm going for RoA for the health, sp and mana (15mins to get full potential from it, you should have around 2,5-2,8k health when it has reached the limmit).

Next item in line is optional Archangel's staff, zhonya's ring or frozen hearth (all 3 items should be obtained if the game keeps on for 1 hour, otherwise you'll get 1-2 of them before it ends).

If you need to move faster, get a pair of boots.

Sell your dorians shield and atlast get lich bane (by the time you got it, you should have about 300-450AP), it's effect is exactly what you need in order to kill any enemy that want to kill you.

Reasons:
The AP build can let you get insanely much damage on your spells (I would recomend to kill a golem so you can stack the frozen hearths effect with the debuff) for example

(The skills minium damage here're from max lvl)

BT (bandage toss) 600-800 damage at the target you hit (320base plus a short cd at around 5-8sec with frozen hearth or golem debuff).

Tantrum 400-600damage 4-8sec cd (each hit at you reduces its cd with 1sec, golem debuff included or frozen hearth buff).

Despair 3,5-5.5% damage of the targets maximum health (aoe skill).

CotsM 150-400 damage each secound (2,5sec duration), the cd can be 80sec with both golem debuff and FH.

to sum it all up, it's one hell of a stategy to solo anything, towers, creeps, nasty rats (BT, Tantrum, Despair + repeat=kill), however it lacks defense against a decent Yi that got 300AD, otherwise try to attack return, attack, kill (just incase you can't kill them before 10-15secs).

For summoner abilities I would sugguest a offensive combination or defensive (depending on wich tree you chose).

Offensive: Ignite or rally, Exhaust (set points in the offensive tree for the abilities masteries)

Reason: Ignite will do a stable 100tick damage at maximum lvl+give you a extra 10AP when it's on cd. Exhaust will increase your survivability against melees or kiters but it'll also decrease the magic resistance (if talented) wich will increase your damage aswell.
If you didn't chose Ignite but chose rally it'll increase your AP by 20% for 20sec (if I remember correctly).

Defensive: Fortify, Exhaust/teleport/Ghost

Reason: If specced in defensive be sure to take the improved fortify so your tower can splash away big groups of creeps and champions (use your ultimate at a propper time to make it possible for your tower to kill enemy champions with the root effect, exhaust would therefor be usefull to keep them in range of the tower). Teleport and ghost is only optional to run from spot A to spot B in a short amount of time with the porpus to either kill or defend.

So, what do you think?
Any opinion is viable, so spit it out.

(P.S I'm sorry if my english is bad, I aren't exactly the writting sort of person)

wildfire393

12-17-2009

"I would recomend to kill a golem so you can stack the frozen hearths effect with the debuff"

Both Frozen Heart and the Golem give 25% cooldown reduction. The cap is 40%, meaning both of these is wasteful. It's better to stack one 25% with 15%, either from another item (deathfire grasp, for example) or from runes and masteries (with 6% from runes, you can get 3% from sorcery and 6% from intelligence for 15%).

Naesala

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
"I would recomend to kill a golem so you can stack the frozen hearths effect with the debuff"

Both Frozen Heart and the Golem give 25% cooldown reduction. The cap is 40%, meaning both of these is wasteful. It's better to stack one 25% with 15%, either from another item (deathfire grasp, for example) or from runes and masteries (with 6% from runes, you can get 3% from sorcery and 6% from intelligence for 15%).

you do very well know then that it's better to be over cap instead of under therefor I sugguested the items wich I mentioned the golem debuff is just to reach the last 15% with other words nothing you'll take for granted.

Frozen hearth also gives 110 armor and 500 mana wich is very important to this build in order to survive and keep on pushing without returning back for mana, this build is quite mana consuming that's why you'll end up with 3-4k mana.

Kimmy Gibler

12-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naesala View Post
you do very well know then that it's better to be over cap instead of under therefor I sugguested the items wich I mentioned the golem debuff is just to reach the last 15% with other words nothing you'll take for granted.

Frozen hearth also gives 110 armor and 500 mana wich is very important to this build in order to survive and keep on pushing without returning back for mana, this build is quite mana consuming that's why you'll end up with 3-4k mana.
4k mana is absurd on Amumu if you have the golem buff. I usually use his AOE fulltime once I get that buff, I have no regen problems. I agree @ wildfire393, skip the Frozen Heart. With runes, masteries, and Deathfire's the golem would easily give me 40% already, and I would then have a great item for hp nuking.

Blacksurt

12-17-2009

Whats an Amamu?

Naesala

12-17-2009

Ah sorry I mean Amumu (not amamu) eitherway, frozen hearth is more suitable for many reasons. 500mana 110armor 25% cd reduction. You won't always have the golem debuff (the golem debuff is lost uppon death or if it's duration runs out), the cd reduction is therefor needed because you won't always have the opportunity or time to search for a golem (wich most people in this forum thinks got a 100% uptime) you'll sooner or later die or lose it at some point.

The armor from Frozen hearth is required to take less damage from normal attacks (110armor should be around 10-20%dmg reduction wich seems to be great) while the other items, already gives you enough with magic resistance.

the extra amount of mana is used for the archangle's staff (you get 2% AP of your maximum mana) and it's useable to push under a longer time, a person who knows how this works would surely put some points in that talent in defensive wich increases your champions health regeneration by 1% of your maximum mana wich should be about 30-40hp5 at this point (+any eventuall rune, basic health regn).

Your sugguestion however is a bad choice if your going into a group of enemies because you'll only have about 60-80armor without frozen hearth. with other words your sugguestion is only for soloing 1 enemy (wich many opponents aren't doing, that say going 1 and 1) or a group of only magic users.

Klazzix

12-18-2009

Wouldn't cleanse remove your golem debuff?