so I "applied" to Riot a while ago...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JusDoc

08-01-2013

@Riot Chezai
I'm just about to start my Computer Science degree in 2 weeks, but i was wondering if there are any intern positions available at Riot? I'm trying to get a head start on those applications.

never mind, I only read through your first 20 posts before asking. you have already answered my question, so thanks!

Rastamon Ganja

08-01-2013

Would Riot need anyone with a B.A. in architecture and design and someone that is proficient in programs such as Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator, Rhinoceros, 3ds Max?

Also someone that is proficient in design, conceptual problem solving, capable of having multiple solutions and iterations to a design problem, great communication skills, good at sketching, art/drawing/color/design theory, someone who is capable of completing design charettes quickly.

What position would a person qualify with the above abilities?

Tristanl0l

08-02-2013

@Riot Chezai, can I add you just because? : D

LoZfan03

08-02-2013

do you know/can you share any information about how frequently interns go on to be employees?

Animalbus

08-02-2013

@Riot Chezai, thanks so much for your response! I did what Morgageddon recommended and posted on the linked-in group and had my application reset from there! I'm really glad this thread is being helpful and other summoner's are asking questions and you're taking the time to answer them! Thanks again!

Animalbus

08-02-2013

Wait! I lied! I appear to still be having problems submitting it D:

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
26 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizmic View Post
@Chezai,

Are there positions that a person with a background in government would be useful for? I'd love to be able to apply when I graduate but with my passion being government I don't know for certain if there is a position that would be a good fit for my skill sets and passion.
Hey Sizmic,

Do what you're most passionate about. To be honest, if you're most passionate about government, you might just want to look into that as a career. If you want a more specific answer regarding jobs at Riot --> There are lots of hard and soft skills you learn through work and education in different fields. It's more about application of these skills and goodness of fit for whatever roles we may have available.

A large part of this is going through what is posted on the Careers page and trying to find a STRONG fit for yourself.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
27 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingstaEnx View Post
why no internship programs in Canada... WHYYYYYY
As a fellow Canadian, I feel your pain. One of the main reasons for this is the complexity of having to deal with work/student/internship visas. They're not easy to come by and severely hinder the internship process and experience.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
28 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFancy View Post
@Chezai

What sort of positions could one with an architecture degree and a strong background in the arts and design potentially apply for? I am looking at the Jobs at Riot page right now and I do not really know what of these occupations are.

KFancy
Hey KFancy,

My question to you is: "What is it that YOU want to do at Riot?"

I think this is a more pertinent question as it'll prompt you to think about where your passions truly lie. I don't believe in forcing someone into a role. Sure, you may have a background in something totally different than what you are passionate about [example: lawyer who is passionate about game design], but this doesn't necessarily mean that there's no crossover in skills/competencies.

More specific to yourself, if you realize that you REALLY want to be a Concept Artist, perhaps the Photoshop and rendering skills you picked up while studying architecture will come in handy. Not 100% if that example is correct, but I hope you get the gist of it.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-02-2013
29 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaru12177 View Post
lets take a few minutes of silence to show our appreciation to Chezai
*feels appreciated*