so I "applied" to Riot a while ago...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sizmic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2013

@Chezai,

Are there positions that a person with a background in government would be useful for? I'd love to be able to apply when I graduate but with my passion being government I don't know for certain if there is a position that would be a good fit for my skill sets and passion.

Arthius

08-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
We have an internship program that spins up at the beginning of the year for students interested in interning at Riot during the summer. For example, our current summer interns applied at the beginning of the year.

You would be applying for specific positions [video production intern, big data software engineer intern, etc]. There is an internship specific interview process.

Here's more detailed information regarding our internship program.

why no internship programs in Canada... WHYYYYYY

KFancy

08-01-2013

@Chezai

What sort of positions could one with an architecture degree and a strong background in the arts and design potentially apply for? I am looking at the Jobs at Riot page right now and I do not really know what of these occupations are.

KFancy

akaru12177

08-01-2013

lets take a few minutes of silence to show our appreciation to Chezai

akaru12177

08-01-2013

silence over, bring on the questions!! hehe

Elewd

08-01-2013

Chezai, why dont you talk in the Gaymers chatroom anymore. We miss you. :[ and Fruitstrikes.

Coldmanj

08-01-2013

So Chezai. I am a dedicated LoL follower and was wondering how strict the requirements with your game analyst position are. I meet all but 1 of the requirements you list on the job board. I am also wondering what else I might be able to do to increase my chances of getting my foot in the door so to speak past linkd in. I have always wanted to to work for a gaming company and with how much I love league and want to make it all it can be I figured I would try and apply. However I don't want to apply only to have myself overlooked because I miss a requirement.

Elewd

08-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmanj View Post
So Chezai. I am a dedicated LoL follower and was wondering how strict the requirements with your game analyst position are. I meet all but 1 of the requirements you list on the job board. I am also wondering what else I might be able to do to increase my chances of getting my foot in the door so to speak past linkd in. I have always wanted to to work for a gaming company and with how much I love league and want to make it all it can be I figured I would try and apply. However I don't want to apply only to have myself overlooked because I miss a requirement.
experience with it probably helps, and fulfilling all requirements is probably a must. i mean that's kind of what a requirement is... sadly i live in a difference state or else i woudl've applied for it xD

MysteltainSensei

08-01-2013

If I'm graduating in Spring 2014 will it be possible to apply for the summer 2014 internship? I'm graduating from UC Riverside with a degree in Econ/Admin. studies with a focus in Marketing so it'd be great to get a Marketing internship with Riot.

DoctorDark

08-01-2013

Hey Chezai.

Just curious. Does Riot still have positions relevant to a recent Harvard college grad who studied government and is pre-law [worked at the Harvard Legal Aid Burea]? I also speak Korean and have worked as the chair for a number of large college events.

Just curious because I've been looking for potential jobs and nothing seems to match with my skillset