so I "applied" to Riot a while ago...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Merchant

08-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
Hello Zeldire,

If you take a look at our Careers page, you'll find that we have a number of positions in our Marketing department which may be relevant [Writer might be one].

However, keep in mind that it's more about your skills/competencies and what positions would be a good fit.
Just gonna say, you are probably one of the nicest rioters I've ever seen o.o

The Blade of TSM

08-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
Hello Zeldire,

If you take a look at our Careers page, you'll find that we have a number of positions in our Marketing department which may be relevant [Writer might be one].

However, keep in mind that it's more about your skills/competencies and what positions would be a good fit.
Thanks a bunch Chezai.

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-01-2013
13 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oconnomo View Post
I'll be graduating from Medical School in June...any jobs for an MD who loves games
Hey Oconnomo,

I don't think we're looking for onsite MDs...but we do have a few former med/pre-med Rioters who are now doing amazing things in unrelated roles

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-01-2013
14 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKDkilla View Post
You have a typo on your website

http://www.riotgames.com/careers/animator

8th paragraph, Player focused gamer first word
EGADS! Thank you for catching that I've brought it to the attention of the right people!

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-01-2013
15 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Merchant View Post
Just gonna say, you are probably one of the nicest rioters I've ever seen o.o
D'awwwwww! Thanks, Shadow Merchant

Does this mean I get a discount when I need to buy a shadow? [Peter Pan reference mayhaps...]

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-01-2013
16 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldire View Post
Thanks a bunch Chezai.
Not a problem! GL HF

DowncastHarp

08-01-2013

I'm currently an undergrad studying towards a Computer Engineering degree. I've been intrigued by the inner-workings of technology ever since I've been old enough to remember using computers and playing video games. I also currently have a co-op position at Toshiba working on a support team for POS (Point of Sales) systems and it fits really well with helping me to understand computer hardware as well as the software it takes to interact with said hardware.

Other than working with computer systems I'm also very much interested in what all goes into designing game mechanics/software/engines. Is there anything you could suggest to me (any programs or computer languages) that would be useful to me if I wanted to design software for a game?

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-01-2013
17 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowncastHarp View Post
I'm currently an undergrad studying towards a Computer Engineering degree. I've been intrigued by the inner-workings of technology ever since I've been old enough to remember using computers and playing video games. I also currently have a co-op position at Toshiba working on a support team for POS (Point of Sales) systems and it fits really well with helping me to understand computer hardware as well as the software it takes to interact with said hardware.

Other than working with computer systems I'm also very much interested in what all goes into designing game mechanics/software/engines. Is there anything you could suggest to me (any programs or computer languages) that would be useful to me if I wanted to design software for a game?
Hey DowncastHarp,

I'm not a very technical person myself, but I've been exposed to some of the technologies that gaming companies use. Here's a list of some of the things I've been introduced to [not specific to game mechanics/software/engines, but more overarching in terms of what gaming companies use]:

C++/C#
Java
Flash
Actionscript
Flex
HTML/HTML5
Python
Javascript
Ruby
Rails
MapReduce
Hadoop
Drupal

There are definitely a lot more out there, but you'd probably be able to get more information from reading game tech forums

DowncastHarp

08-01-2013

Great thanks for all the information!

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-01-2013
18 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowncastHarp View Post
Great thanks for all the information!
No problemo