so I "applied" to Riot a while ago...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commando Yi

11-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostKnight93 View Post
yep, seen that one before - my only problem is that they're looking for mysql guys there and i started my career as an oracle guy this past january

i do mysql stuff on a small scale on the side for personal projects but i don't think i have the commercial experience with mysql they're looking for though much of the skills are easily transferable :/

i was hoping they had oracle databases they needed some guys for so i have a chance at getting my foot in the door

Fourmless

11-09-2013

What is it like to work for Riot?

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

11-27-2013
116 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourmless View Post
What is it like to work for Riot?
Hey Fourmless,

That's a tough question to answer. My own experience is that it's been absolutely amazing. I get to do what I love with people who truly care about what they're doing. Riot offers a lot of nifty perks and benefits. I get to geek out with other Rioters about LoL and other games. The list goes on...

HOWEVER! I did start hating pizza and eating in general for 3 months after my 1st month there. Freshman 15 stronk but Riot 25 OP =.=" We're well fed =)

HateDaddy

11-27-2013

Wanna hire me riot? I work in a pharmacy and know a lot about drugs

EnvyDragon

11-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
Hey Fourmless,

That's a tough question to answer. My own experience is that it's been absolutely amazing. I get to do what I love with people who truly care about what they're doing. Riot offers a lot of nifty perks and benefits. I get to geek out with other Rioters about LoL and other games. The list goes on...

HOWEVER! I did start hating pizza and eating in general for 3 months after my 1st month there. Freshman 15 stronk but Riot 25 OP =.=" We're well fed =)
You know you have a good job when the only downside you can think of is "They gave me so much pizza that I stopped liking it for a little while."

Xavdidtheshadow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2013

So I'm super interested in working at Riot and have been for a while. I'm a senior graduating in May from a large university where I'm studying computer science. I don't have much experience working with games in particular, but I have spend two summers working software development at two different startups. I'm good at puzzle solving, have a knack for learning, and am incredibly dedicated to my work.

The Riot job board is a bit intimidating and though I think I'd do great anywhere I went, I wasn't sure where to apply. Basically, I'm looking for a job where I get to code a lot and make the game better.

Which department/job listing should I be looking at?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

11-28-2013
117 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavdidtheshadow View Post
So I'm super interested in working at Riot and have been for a while. I'm a senior graduating in May from a large university where I'm studying computer science. I don't have much experience working with games in particular, but I have spend two summers working software development at two different startups. I'm good at puzzle solving, have a knack for learning, and am incredibly dedicated to my work.

The Riot job board is a bit intimidating and though I think I'd do great anywhere I went, I wasn't sure where to apply. Basically, I'm looking for a job where I get to code a lot and make the game better.

Which department/job listing should I be looking at?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Hey Xavdidtheshadow,

If you're interested in working directly on the game, you'd probably look for something under 'Game Technology' on our Careers page. We also have some game design and QA positions which require a CS background, so you might want to check those out as well.

EnvyDragon

11-28-2013

Hello Chezai! I'm an undergraduate who is indecisive about his major, but I'd like to skip the middle man entirely and straight-up apply to Riot. Because I have no art skills, am terrified of resources both human and otherwise, and am allergic to Java, I have very few applicable skills for a company such as yours. Is there a position available for a waiter, groupie, or part-time professional cuddler at Riot Games, and if not, would you consider opening one?

How about Sith Apprentice? A lot of people have some unwarranted prejudice against the Dark Side but I'm totally willing to dabble if you've got a Master sitting around wishing he could brood at someone.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2013

Chezai, you should just make your own AMA thing for this. ._.

CheZai

Recruiting Coordinator

11-28-2013
118 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerensky287 View Post
Hello Chezai! I'm an undergraduate who is indecisive about his major, but I'd like to skip the middle man entirely and straight-up apply to Riot. Because I have no art skills, am terrified of resources both human and otherwise, and am allergic to Java, I have very few applicable skills for a company such as yours. Is there a position available for a waiter, groupie, or part-time professional cuddler at Riot Games, and if not, would you consider opening one?

How about Sith Apprentice? A lot of people have some unwarranted prejudice against the Dark Side but I'm totally willing to dabble if you've got a Master sitting around wishing he could brood at someone.
Hey Kerensky287,

Great suggestions. I've spoken with many Rioters regarding the position of a Sith Apprentice, but the general consensus is that the 1 Sith Lord and 1 Sith Apprentice rule really isn't realistic. I'm apparently the 300th in line or something like that...go figure...