so I "applied" to Riot a while ago...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-01-2013
4 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvan Krislov View Post
can I add you too? I want to speak to you about working at Riot in 2014
Hey Jarvan Krislov, your questions might be helpful to others in a similar position as yourself. If it's not too specific/personal, please feel free to ask away on this thread

Colonel Derp

08-01-2013

Good luck OP.

If they hire you, do me a favor and delete teemo k?

Thanks

Fan Weilin

08-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Chezai View Post
Hey Swippinfrafes, if you have general questions which might benefit others, feel free to drop a note on this thread. This would probably be the best way of going about doing this
I applied for a web development position. The things I make for work are pretty ugly, because of higher up red tape. Is there perhaps something I can develop which would possible facilitate my consideration?

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-01-2013
5 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan Weilin View Post
I applied for a web development position. The things I make for work are pretty ugly, because of higher up red tape. Is there perhaps something I can develop which would possible facilitate my consideration?
Hey Fan Weilin,

Great question. My suggestion is to do side projects outside of your work. If you're passionate about something, find a way to convey that to your audience. Best of luck!

Fan Weilin

08-01-2013

Quote:
Hey Fan Weilin,

Great question. My suggestion is to do side projects outside of your work. If you're passionate about something, find a way to convey that to your audience. Best of luck!
Thanks! i'll ponder some league tools. I'm sure I can think of something devious (Evil laugh inserted.)

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-01-2013
6 of 151 Riot Posts

If anyone has pressing questions/concerns, feel free to join this group. It's our "Inside Riot Games" group on LinkedIn. Lots of advice, answers, and help!

Kidaris

08-01-2013

I am enrolled in a 3D animation school at the moment. I graduate next year. Right now I feel like I'm solid at modeling and at animating. I would love to work at riot someday. So my questions would be, how often do you guys hire Modelers and Animators? And what position are you guys looking for the most?

Jarvan Krislov

08-01-2013

Quote:
Hey Jarvan Krislov, your questions might be helpful to others in a similar position as yourself. If it's not too specific/personal, please feel free to ask away on this thread
NO problem! I'm majoring in computer science (rising senior), but there's a huge variety of cs-related jobs at Riot. I have looked at the careers section on the website, but I still have no clue as to what kind of positions you need to fill. I'd really like to focus my last year of study on a particular area to both help the company ( I LOVE LEAGUE ) and increase my chances of landing a job with you guys!

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-01-2013
7 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidaris View Post
I am enrolled in a 3D animation school at the moment. I graduate next year. Right now I feel like I'm solid at modeling and at animating. I would love to work at riot someday. So my questions would be, how often do you guys hire Modelers and Animators? And what position are you guys looking for the most?
Hey Kidaris, if you see a position listed on our careers webpage it means we're still looking! I can't speak to specifics regarding how often we hire for certain roles as I am not fully apprised of each team's needs. The same goes for what we're 'looking for the most'. I apologize for not being able to offer you more clarity. I posted a link in a previous message that links to our 'Inside Riot Games' page on LinkedIn. You may be able to glean more information there

Riot Chezai

Recruiting Coordinator

08-01-2013
8 of 151 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvan Krislov View Post
NO problem! I'm majoring in computer science (rising senior), but there's a huge variety of cs-related jobs at Riot. I have looked at the careers section on the website, but I still have no clue as to what kind of positions you need to fill. I'd really like to focus my last year of study on a particular area to both help the company ( I LOVE LEAGUE ) and increase my chances of landing a job with you guys!
You're right, we do have a LOT of CS-related positions! If the positions are still posted on the webpage, we are still looking.

My suggestion to you is to focus on what YOU are most passionate about. Learn as much as you can and focus on the things you care about most as this will serve you best in the long run. Look at what technologies are currently in play and what might be on the rise. If you're looking to get into Riot specifically, cross-reference your interests to the technologies which are listed in the job descriptions on the Careers page.

Hope this helps!