Riot should learn to stop back talking their players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FireDragon99

1 Week Ago

Riot should learn to stop back talking their players. If someone from riot has an opinion that differs from their players, then riot should NOT try to reason with their players. They shouldn't ask why either. They should take what their players says as fact without talking back. Too many times, I've seen a rioter backtalk a player, and it's disgusting, because the rioter is wrong most of the time. The only time a rioter is right is when 500,000 rioters are talking back to a single player. Start thinking like a your players, Riot.

This is inspirational. Stop deleting the lore, riot. You should listen to the majority (more than 95%) of your players. If 99% of your community wanted a champion that had 3 eyes, then you should do it, your playerbase of millions wants it, and they surely gave you ideas to make it. If 99% of your playerbase wants you to not ruin the lore, then you should surely listen to them.

Raptamei

1 Week Ago

Your thread is passive aggressive, but you have a point.

Game designers' job is not to design games, it is to make money by providing a product which people want. If people want a badly designed or boring game, so be it.

I know; I've done similar things in the past. People accused me of popularity wh*ring and "sacrificing my vision". That's why they didn't succeed where I did. The only thing that matters is the user and their opinion of your product.

Gokusamadesu

1 Week Ago

GD is nowhere near the majority of players. its a small microcosm of people. in fact, there are a few people i talk to that enjoy the new lore changes and are excited to see what happens next, and that group of people is arguably around the same size as GD active posters. in addition, the vast majority of players have no thoughts on the subject one way or another. in the end, the majority is unaffected, and the people that do care are in a tossup on whether or not its a good thing. however, the tiebreaker is that riot thinks they can do better things with the lore changes, so ill tentatively have hope that they have a plan.

Narasimha

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Your thread is passive aggressive, but you have a point.

Game designers' job is not to design games, it is to make money by providing a product which people want. If people want a badly designed or boring game, so be it.

I know; I've done similar things in the past. People accused me of popularity wh*ring and "sacrificing my vision". That's why they didn't succeed where I did. The only thing that matters is the user and their opinion of your product.
Steve Jobs: "People don't know what they want until you give it to them."

Overlord Malz

1 Week Ago

people are actually not realizing this is an edited version of the Rackier "low elos should stop backtalking diamonds" copypasta
lmao

Derpish

1 Week Ago

lol 99% of the playerbase cares about the lore?

Raptamei

1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narasimha View Post
Steve Jobs: "People don't know what they want until you give it to them."
Steve Jobs provided exactly what people wanted, which was a device that already existed for ages but was too complex for the majority.