I don't think riot knows what a healer is.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kojiro Sasaki

11-30-2010

A healer is someone who keeps the team alive, while possibly buffing teammates, not really focusing on damaging enemies.

The only one of these in LoL is Soraka.

Now, I understand that her heals origionally where too much, but they pushed it too far. I personally don't believe she needs a remake.....

I'm not saying she's Underpowered Per-se, but she's definitely underwhelming.

I've said this before.

Tarics heals got nerfed, He still has a stun and a damage buff

Janna's ult heal is now being nerfed, She still has a pushback, a slowdown, and a shield

Nidalee's heal got nerfed, She still has fairly high healing(that can actually get way higher than soraka's, excluding soraka's ult) and the utility of an attack speed buff, while still contributing large amounts of damage to the team.

Soraka's heals got nerfed....She still has a high cooldown silence....but thats not really enough now is it?

Riots excuse for this is that healers aren't "fun" because no one likes "Losing kills" Tough Riot, you put a healer in the game. Do you know what the job of the healer is? Do you Really know what it is?

There's a lot of things that aren't fun, personally, this is one of the least limiting fun factors in my mind.

TL;DR : Soraka is still viable in some scenarios, but lack luster, A healer is meant to heal. Soraka needs some love.

OpenFaceSurgery

11-30-2010

This isn't WoW, they don't want 4 people to be spamming damage and 1 to be spamming heals, They don't have any "healer" champions per say, they have support champions, which provide utility in trade of something.(ie Sona trades of tons of survivability to be able to do some healing, some damage and some utility) While Janna increases the damage of her teammates etc.

Soraka is a different case which needs to be looked at because she IS underpowered

Conexion

11-30-2010

Sometimes preventing damage can be much more powerful than healing.

Ezreal Jr

11-30-2010

we need higher heals on support based champs. (cept zilean, he ults you and you die and get full hp and proceed to eat noobs)

Knyaz

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanzu View Post
A healer is someone who keeps the team alive, while possibly buffing teammates, not really focusing on damaging enemies.

The only one of these in LoL is Soraka.

Now, I understand that her heals origionally where too much, but they pushed it too far. I personally don't believe she needs a remake.....

I'm not saying she's Underpowered Per-se, but she's definitely underwhelming.

I've said this before.

Tarics heals got nerfed, He still has a stun and a damage buff

Janna's ult heal is now being nerfed, She still has a pushback, a slowdown, and a shield

Nidalee's heal got nerfed, She still has fairly high healing(that can actually get way higher than soraka's, excluding soraka's ult) and the utility of an attack speed buff, while still contributing large amounts of damage to the team.

Soraka's heals got nerfed....She still has a high cooldown silence....but thats not really enough now is it?

Riots excuse for this is that healers aren't "fun" because no one likes "Losing kills" Tough Riot, you put a healer in the game. Do you know what the job of the healer is? Do you Really know what it is?

There's a lot of things that aren't fun, personally, this is one of the least limiting fun factors in my mind.

TL;DR : Soraka is still viable in some scenarios, but lack luster, A healer is meant to heal. Soraka needs some love.
How does a healer get items if they can't do damage?

Anyway LoL is not wow where Healing is overpowered and critical to winning. Team fights don't last 2 mins till someone runs out of mana or gets a string of rng and blows someone else up.

Soraka is lack luster but there are a 1000 ways to fix her without simply buffing her healing.

Toros

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenFaceSurgery View Post
This isn't WoW, they don't want 4 people to be spamming damage and 1 to be spamming heals, They don't have any "healer" champions per say, they have support champions, which provide utility in trade of something.(ie Sona trades of tons of survivability to be able to do some healing, some damage and some utility) While Janna increases the damage of her teammates etc.

Soraka is a different case which needs to be looked at because she IS underpowered
Except this is bull****, because things like janna's shield are as good or better than a heal in most combat situations, and haven't been destroyed in the same way.

Soraka was dead the moment they made ignite both uncleansable and cut healing in half.

QSS is such a massive piece of **** it's barely worth mentioning. 700 gold for a bad old cleanse on a 105 second cooldown? Forget it.

Devil May LOL

11-30-2010

I don't think op knows anything about BALANCE.

sultanbacon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2010

Nidalee #1 healer

Kojiro Sasaki

11-30-2010

So what you're all trying to tell me is, a character who's only real utility was its amazing ability to heal, and maintain should get its heals nerfed along with everyone elses heals?

You actually believe that?

Okay guise, I guess I'm wrong.

Toros

11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXByakuyaXx View Post
I don't think op knows anything about BALANCE.
If tanks were like alistar, and carries were all like ashe, and there were REASONABLE countering items to healing (Not on ignite, but a tier 1, and 2 tier 3 healing redux items, one for casters and one for melee) healing would be fine.

Riot has shown they can't really hit the nail on the head with tanks, doubly so with support.

But if you want a dozen tanky dps and ranged carries, they're great.