Counter to Vayne top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Lord Mayor

07-26-2013

Hey guys I would like to know what are some counters to Vayne top. I am currently maining her but I want to know when not to pick Vayne top if I am going to counter myself.

Counters I know of:
Teemo-Blind op+shrooms
Kayle-More burst and more dps
Pantheon-Very strong gapcloser and burst

Soft counters I know of:
Aatrox-Strong burst damage and very high sustain
Wukong-Strong burst and disengage
Jayce-Very long range poke
Yorick-Very self explanatory

Many of these counters are through experience since I find champselect being very unreliable(They say Jax counters vayne, which I find hard to believe since I have played this matchup before). Does anyone know any other counters or dangerous champs to pick vayne against? Vayne is still a relatively new meta in season 3.

lening

07-26-2013

Jarvan will beat down Vayne top if she can't consistently tumble dodge his E+Q's. Most Vaynes can't.

The Lord Mayor

07-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lening View Post
Jarvan will beat down Vayne top if she can't consistently tumble dodge his E+Q's. Most Vaynes can't.
I have faced Jarvan before. The key to winning there is to poke him extremely hard at level 1. Take E at level 2.

I am not a pro vayne player but I am relatively experienced and I can say that it is quite easy to dodge the flag-pull combos if you pay attention. Usually, my natural instinct is to tumble away whenever I see the flag.

The flag acts like a pre-warning of his flag pull so it is easy to dodge. I don't understand what you mean by most vaynes can't. All you gotta do is go to korean bronze 5 and there you go.

Thaiboxer87

07-27-2013

I only faced vayne top once in ranked. I was garen. got zoned out pretty hard. but I set her up for dead everytime my jungle came top. I just spinned thru the minions with speed-buff from Q,then once I reached her,it's Silence, and she couldnt tumble away, got CCed by my jungled--squishy Vayne dies almost instantly in top lane. I also build Raduin's for that match-up. I left the laning phase fed like factory chicken by this top-vayne.

Kultunas

07-27-2013

Vayne's survivability comes from keeping enemies at a distance and being allowed to poke. Therefore, any champion that can close the distance (twice, mind you) is one that WILL kill Vayne. You either need this, or someone with more poke than her.

Therefore, most ranged mages can hold back Vayne. A Ryze top is going to be an endless nuisance to her, and might even shut her down, due to his spammability and the fact that most mana items have armor.

Fizz will decimate her. But that's because Fizz can decimate nearly anybody in the game due to his high mobility and empowered burst.

Jax can actually have a good shot at her, as long as he leaps in properly for a stun. Too early or too late and you're just letting her get hits on you.

Akali can tear her down (Kick, Shroud, Q Auto, Kick if knocked back, repeat).

These are just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more.