And another patch goes by with no magma chamber/stats/replays/obersvers etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spicyflakes

12-04-2010

Bump for an answer

Spicyflakes

12-04-2010

Where is the magma chamber!??!

Spicyflakes

12-04-2010

bump

Velkorious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

With over 50 pages, you might say the demand for magma chamber is...

*sunglasses*

...heating up.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

stinkepiet

12-04-2010

+1 (!!!)

Bahond

12-04-2010

Bump.

CogitoErgo

12-04-2010

Bump in the night.

I would also like to state that RIOT while i don't hate you guys, you are starting to fail more then most the people i play with in ranked games.

EigenFace

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
Since my post was dismissed for two unrelated reasons:

Development: How long does it take? Well, look at World of Warcraft, an MMO with a mountain of resources and quite large of a game. The first 2 expansions were delayed, the first considerably, and typically new patches, even with minor changes, take on average, a month.

As you point out, WoW is huge. I mean, we're struggling to make one map for LoL...think of WoW having to make huge 3d interactive worlds. Let's use a fairer comparison...like HoN. HoN is going to be coming out with replays, a map editor, custom flags and announcers, a matchmaking mode to match LoLs, another map, etc. in a few weeks. This isn't even including things like the fact that you can actually search their forums. HoN has been around for 8 months /less/ than LoL has. Sure, S2 has some previous game making experience, but it's not like they're just adding one feature LoL doesn't have, they are adding a ton of new features that LoL doesn't have, and in the meantime they have also made another map. So yeah yeah, "it takes a long time", I know that stuff, I am a developer too. It shouldn't take /this/ long. For all I know, they could be done with 99% of the stuff, or maybe they haven't even started! That's the point! We don't know because they are not communicating with us

Enter League of Legends/Riot Games. A much smaller company and resource pool by comparison, but a much smaller game as well. Unlike World of Warcraft which has had over 6 years of development, Riot has had a much shorter time span and resource pool for all the time.

Every new concept and major overhaul takes a lot of time to make and figure out how to implement without destroying the balance. LeBlanc's release was ridiculous, and everyone cries about internal testing. I'm sure they released her thinking along the same lines. It was obvious, so she was nerfed. The same thing happens with other major issues in other games. Since this game is already heavily compared to WoW, I will use that as a reference. Latest major overhaul patch before Cataclysm caused casters to be ridiculously overpowered by comparison to previous states as well as bringing physical to the curb for damage. One week for hotfixes on simple number buffs.

Everyone wants a new map, with new features, and not just a pretty recolor of a current one. As a result, new features must be balanced accordingly, for both sides. What new features? Who knows, you don't, but you want it to be exciting and fun.

Now this is just straight BS. "What new features? Who knows"?! What kind of **** is that. We have post after post listing TONS of new features that people want. Replays, observer mode, working forums, maps, reworking poorly made champions, multiple master pages, customized recommended items, rotatable maps, and the list goes on

In lieu of another comment: Customer service is awful and you must always assume your customers are idiots, because chances are, they will be. Sadly, this forum is a shining example of typical customer service, which it is. The developers are chewed out substantially for anything they post that could be even remotely construed.
People can be mean and unreasonable, but you know what, they can also be considerate and rational. I'm happy to be the bearer of great news, there are a LOT of smart, rational people out there in the world! By some stroke of magic, some of us here in the LoL community are those people. Your post comes off as if you are talking about a bunch of ******ed whinny children whose demands are naive, immature and irrational. No response will satiate their blind ignorant rage. All we want is an explanation...why are things taking so long. That's all.

lolcopters

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyflakes View Post
Where is the magma chamber!??!
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...0&d=1291319609

PowerSmoker

12-04-2010

Quote:

i can't stop laughing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!