Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

And another patch goes by with no magma chamber/stats/replays/obersvers etc.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Delthanin

12-04-2010

K, the topic has been discussed pretty thoroughly. The constant BumpBumpBumpForRedPostBump is getting annoying.

A new thread might be a better idea.

TheAndy

12-04-2010

Quote:
Delthanin:
K, the topic has been discussed pretty thoroughly. The constant BumpBumpBumpForRedPostBump is getting annoying.

in what way will it be a better idea? so we could start the troll-ignore cycle all over again?

Spicyflakes

12-04-2010

Quote:
Delthanin:

hey guess what. . . bump

Doflamingo51

12-04-2010

Quote:
Emotoy:
I still love you Riot and don't think you are evil. <3
I don't think people understand exactly how complicated these things can be and how difficult and time consuming the tasks are that are taken up. Everyone wants everything and they want it now. I enjoy the game still, yes there are a few things I think could be changed and updated but I know that you all are aware of the changes I would like and are working on them as best as you can. Keep up the good work!

How complicated and difficult is it to give us an update? Or tell us some of the problems they are having. Really if we got a weekly update I would be fine...but we don't get any sort of news other than "its coming out soon" A year goes by and it comes out.

BlackDestruction

Recruiter

12-04-2010

Quote:
Doflamingo51:
How complicated and difficult is it to give us an update? Or tell us some of the problems they are having. Really if we got a weekly update I would be fine...but we don't get any sort of news other than "its coming out soon" A year goes by and it comes out.

worst thing is.. they said it was coming soon...a year went by AND IT DIDNT come out

Eninya

12-04-2010

Since my post was dismissed for two unrelated reasons:

Development: How long does it take? Well, look at World of Warcraft, an MMO with a mountain of resources and quite large of a game. The first 2 expansions were delayed, the first considerably, and typically new patches, even with minor changes, take on average, a month.

Enter League of Legends/Riot Games. A much smaller company and resource pool by comparison, but a much smaller game as well. Unlike World of Warcraft which has had over 6 years of development, Riot has had a much shorter time span and resource pool for all the time.

Every new concept and major overhaul takes a lot of time to make and figure out how to implement without destroying the balance. LeBlanc's release was ridiculous, and everyone cries about internal testing. I'm sure they released her thinking along the same lines. It was obvious, so she was nerfed. The same thing happens with other major issues in other games. Since this game is already heavily compared to WoW, I will use that as a reference. Latest major overhaul patch before Cataclysm caused casters to be ridiculously overpowered by comparison to previous states as well as bringing physical to the curb for damage. One week for hotfixes on simple number buffs.

Everyone wants a new map, with new features, and not just a pretty recolor of a current one. As a result, new features must be balanced accordingly, for both sides. What new features? Who knows, you don't, but you want it to be exciting and fun.

In lieu of another comment: Customer service is awful and you must always assume your customers are idiots, because chances are, they will be. Sadly, this forum is a shining example of typical customer service, which it is. The developers are chewed out substantially for anything they post that could be even remotely construed.

BlackDestruction

Recruiter

12-04-2010

Quote:
Eninya:
Since my post was dismissed for two unrelated reasons:

Development: How long does it take? Well, look at World of Warcraft, an MMO with a mountain of resources and quite large of a game. The first 2 expansions were delayed, the first considerably, and typically new patches, even with minor changes, take on average, a month.

Enter League of Legends/Riot Games. A much smaller company and resource pool by comparison, but a much smaller game as well. Unlike World of Warcraft which has had over 6 years of development, Riot has had a much shorter time span and resource pool for all the time.

Every new concept and major overhaul takes a lot of time to make and figure out how to implement without destroying the balance. LeBlanc's release was ridiculous, and everyone cries about internal testing. I'm sure they released her thinking along the same lines. It was obvious, so she was nerfed. The same thing happens with other major issues in other games. Since this game is already heavily compared to WoW, I will use that as a reference. Latest major overhaul patch before Cataclysm caused casters to be ridiculously overpowered by comparison to previous states as well as bringing physical to the curb for damage. One week for hotfixes on simple number buffs.

Everyone wants a new map, with new features, and not just a pretty recolor of a current one. As a result, new features must be balanced accordingly, for both sides. What new features? Who knows, you don't, but you want it to be exciting and fun.

In lieu of another comment: Customer service is awful and you must always assume your customers are idiots, because chances are, they will be. Sadly, this forum is a shining example of typical customer service, which it is. The developers are chewed out substantially for anything they post that could be even remotely construed.

That would be all nice and dandy if their posts weren't at least 50% of the time some form of "trolling" to get a rise out of the forum while evading the question altogether.

You'd be surprised at how reasonable people can be if you talk to them sensibly. Yes we know things aren't as simple as clicking a button and adding replays or gamemodes.

But what riot isn't listening to is that we HAVE been patient and we DO want replays even if it's only the last game we played. It is terribly frustrating to lose out on an excellent game and the only thing you have to show for it is a screenshot. If you add replays albeit temporary ones we can record and save the replays our selves without having to worry about the framelag and cpu usage that comes with streaming/frapping a game live.

People have been begging for the tutorial map to be added to custom games FOREVER. There is absolutely no reason that shouldn't be a selectable custom game map. Especially when the community has to invent their own custom game types just to break the monotony.

Why hold out on simple functions and features that would take no time at all to implement(half of which is already created) and why not let us know exactly why things didnt meet the timeframe they gave us?

For example the magma chamber. They hyped this map up. The community weren't the ones who discovered the files and got excited...it was Riot saying this new map was coming out; Riot hyped this so much that it was even included a gaming magazine AND given a *specific* date. But when the map doesn't come out we would like to know what the problem is..

Not some joke about warping time and space...

TheAndy

12-04-2010

Quote:
BlackDestruction:
That would be all nice and dandy if their posts weren't at least 50% of the time some form of "trolling" to get a rise out of the forum while evading the question altogether.

You'd be surprised at how reasonable people can be if you talk to them sensibly. Yes we know things aren't as simple as clicking a button and adding replays or gamemodes.

But what riot isn't listening to is that we HAVE been patient and we DO want replays even if it's only the last game we played. It is terribly frustrating to lose out on an excellent game and the only thing you have to show for it is a screenshot. If you add replays albeit temporary ones we can record and save the replays our selves without having to worry about the framelag and cpu usage that comes with streaming/frapping a game live.

People have been begging for the tutorial map to be added to custom games FOREVER. There is absolutely no reason that should be a selectable custom game map. Especially when the community has to invent their own custom game types just to break the monotony.

Why hold out on simple functions and features that would take no time at all to implement(half of which is already created) and why not let us know exactly why things didnt meet the timeframe they gave us?

For example the magma chamber. They hyped this map up. The community wasn't the ones who discovered the files and got excited...it was riot saying this new map was coming out so much so it was put in a gaming magazine AND given a date. But when the map doesn't come out we would like to know what the problem is..

Not some joke about warping time and space...

if we ever start a new thread, this should be the main post.
and for crying out loud riot, even if you wanna surprise us at christmas with ALL of the above features and then say "told you it was worth to wait".(i can't measure the amount of doubt i have about the previous line) we'd really appreciate if u just hint slightly towards it, and if u don't plan on releasing anything at all for the next year we would like to know.
no hurt feelings whatsoever - we just want to know what to expect >.<

Candy Panda

12-04-2010

They said Magma chamber wold come with the irelia patch... true story D:

Fantajim

12-04-2010

bump for non troll red post