And another patch goes by with no magma chamber/stats/replays/obersvers etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vensaval

12-03-2010

*bump*

Thenadathor

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambitsEnd View Post
Let's see what we have been promised:

In Game / HUD
Replays
Spectator Mode
Achievements
Maps (Magma Chamber)
Leaver Buster System
Removal of Flash

What have the forums been missing?

Forum Issues
No Subscribing system
No avatars
No Signatures
"Post Reply" Button still does not work
Broken search function
No bookmarks

I really don't need to comment on replays, spectator mode, etc. We have been promised these features months ago and we have had no update on the progress (if any) about implementing these. Why so long? You have been given plenty of time Riot.

Maps, we can't have them? The game is fun, but playing on one or two maps endlessly is very dull. The new skin for Summoner's Rift was nice ... but it is the same map! Custoemrs will get bored and leave Riot, it has already started.

Leaver Buster System gets promised 'for the next patch' ... every patch. Where is it?

Flash just got completly ignored. Even if you decided to keep it in the game make a post and tell us!

The forums are terrible ... absolutly terrible. The only thing we can do is post things, no customization like Avatars, signatures, etc. No way to bookmark/subscribe to threads unless you physically add them to your web browser's favorites (which is stupid).

Something as important as the REPLY BUTTON doesn't even work! You need to 'go to advanced' or 'quick post' at the bottom of the screen. A forum with no reply button? Speechless ...

Still no search function. I think Google offers free/cheap search add-ons to forums ... go get it.

I can literally spend 30 minutes on making a website/forum and it would have these prementioned features. When an average programmer can do that on his free time, why can't you do it as your job?

You can even go to www.webs.com or www.guildportal.com and make a forum in about 10 minutes ... for free. With all those features. Even a technically illiterate person can do that.

Forum community: The forums are a mess. I essentially gave up looking for League of Legends related topics ages ago. Go to the General Discussion board and you find 90% of threads have NOTHING to do with LoL. And Riot does nothing. Just move threads to the board they relate to.

Understaffed? Too much effort? I WILL DO THIS FOR FREE ON MY OWN TIME. I will even put in an official application so you have my real life information. I actually emailed my offer in a few weeks ago.

Now about skins... I can understand why you charge so much for them ... one of the few ways in the game to actually make money, I understand that (they are not even important in-game, just fluff), although it would be great for some better quality/variety of skins. Older ones like Magnificant Twisted Fate needs a serious rework to be considered 'legendary'.

I bought the Teemo legendary because I really like that champion. I was disappointed. Cool, he floats and hops ... that is neat. OoooOOooo, lasers! Wait ... no new voice over (and no, static is not new ... I can edit that in with almost any sound editor program. takes like 5 minutes)? I really expected that a legendary skin would have new jokes, tuants, and maybe a dance.

I approve of Kog'Maw's new Monarch skin. He bounces a little and has wings ... for a fair price.

TROLLS! The Riot staff (and Riot-endorsed non-staff) consist mostly of trolls! Look at almost any Red/Color post and it will be a troll or something useless. Please Riot ... be respectful and follow your own Summoner's Code.

Well that is my rant. Hope you enjoyed it!
this

MeatBagel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2010

bump

sizzackz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-03-2010

bump i want some answers to when i can play a new map that i was promised

DriftingSmoke

12-03-2010

Here's the thing, as long as you people continue to spend money on a game that consistently does not reward its players, they will just continue this behavior, because you're rewarding it, lol.

Ghettobarney

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyriss View Post
The chances of this thread getting a real answer is pretty small, not gonna lie. They can't tell us anything without having the chance of digging a deeper hole for themselves.
The only reason this thread exists in the first place is because they already dug that hole.

Ghettobarney

12-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperSmurph View Post
Here's the thing, as long as you people continue to spend money on a game that consistently does not reward its players, they will just continue this behavior, because you're rewarding it, lol.
Hence why unless we get some real answers, I'm just gonna sell my account and wait for DOTA 2 to come out.

Herzyr

12-04-2010

bump

BananaBandanaMan

12-04-2010

bump. I want answers! LoL is being nerfed to the point that its not worth playing and i want somebody (a red or dev) either fix it or at least open a line of communication with the player base..preferably both

Noobmage2

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperSmurph View Post
Well, the reason most people want nswers is because they want to feel they're not wasting money if they spend it on LoL. If Riot gave an idea of the progress, you could spend your money safely knowing there's something to look forward to. As it is now, people are unsure about where the game is going so they won't feel safe spending money here.