And another patch goes by with no magma chamber/stats/replays/obersvers etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Velkorious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

If I worked at Riot, I could have implemented a Google custom search for the forums within an hour and had the forum's search box lead to it. Not the best solution, but at least it's better than a non-working search box.

Hell, I even did it just to show how easy it is.

The fact that they haven't even done that just boggles my mind. Just what are all these $20 skins going towards? Creating more $20 skins?

EDIT: Since I've seen multiple people make threads about this post, I'm just gonna link to a much improved forum search I made more recently:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...83#post4942783

Shampu

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I've finally been around long enough to develop hate. Woo!
Or maybe it's because you're trolling us over working?

Just a thought.

Tieryal

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lez View Post
You're ******ed, you understand this don't you?. While on that note do you under stand how easy it is to make maps for a game like this? Whne i college my and my group made a game based off of dota for a final. We did it in 5 weeks, had 2 maps, 8 charters to pick from.

Riot needs to stop making empty promises Period.
I could be wrong, but I am willing to bet that the complexity, structure, polish, stability and probably many other things of your final college project most likely pale in comparison to a project of this size.

Working in a real life setting even at a company that is riots size, and on the product they are producing is an experience that you can't even fathom until you have been there. I can't explain it and I wont even try. If you had any idea what this was like, or if most of the people in this thread did, opinions wouldn't be so lopsided.

Ghettobarney

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieryal View Post
I could be wrong, but I am willing to bet that the complexity, structure, polish, stability and probably many other things of your final college project most likely pale in comparison to a project of this size.

Working in a real life setting even at a company that is riots size, and on the product they are producing is an experience that you can't even fathom until you have been there. I can't explain it and I wont even try. If you had any idea what this was like, or if most of the people in this thread did, opinions wouldn't be so lopsided.
So what, I'm just supposed to have Riot keep making promises and wait 5 years for them to ever actually be delivered? By this Rate, DOTA 3 and Episode 3 will be out.

EigenFace

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieryal View Post

I have worked at companies larger than riots size, and my experiences indicate you couldn't be further from the truth. What I see in most companies is a large amount of LAZINESS. Few people like their jobs/are passionate about them and that results in everyone doing just enough/making up enough bull**** not to get yelled at too much. I can't really blame them.

Actually one of the biggest shocks I had going from college-->working world was how lazy everyone was, and how mind-numbingly easy/slow/boring work is. This is not an isolated case, this has been what it was like at several companies I worked at.

TL;DR Working for big or medium size software company is only an 'unfathomable, unexplainable experience' in so far as it is unfathomably boring and inefficient.

CLG President

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

Quote:
Why dont you take the OP seriously and answer the question. As a paying customer im irritated that these features havent been implemented. As a former community manager i know how angry a community can get when you promise one thing yet fail to deliver.

I also realize that there is one word nobody ever believes, especially coming from a position of power , that word is: "Soon".

Gazouille

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettobarney View Post
Where's the replays? Where's observer mode? Where's the stats for normal games which were promised at the launch of season one?
What's funny and pathetic is that you believe those would come at all.
Stop dreaming awake, not gonna happen, live with it, play another game, they don't deserve your time and money.

Top Practice

12-01-2010

Quote:

you should spend less time posting stupid comments like that and actually doing something progressive, the hate you 'developed' is well deserved.

edit: I used to stick up for riot games, believing that their failing because their just a small company. Now I see its not because their new, but they are immature and taking work as just 'fun time'. You have enough time to post something like that, but not enough time to answer the many question on the forum.

Tisk Tisk

November Terra

12-01-2010

I've actually started playing LoL a lot less and spending more time on games such as Rock Band 3 and Assassin's Creed : Brotherhood. Its sad that games that simple have more content and maps than LoL, a game whose maps should be easy to create. Hell, look at SC2 multiplayer maps for ideas. It isnt that freaking hard.

What people want is variety - and honestly we could care less if its balanced or not right from the get go, just stuff to play on that isn't the same old layout every freaking game.

I would be shocked if we had a new map within the next 3 months. But I bet its over half a year out.

Binary Artis

12-01-2010

It's amazing how people who have nothing to do come and try to feel better about themselves by criticizing people who actually work on this game. Don't you all have something to do.. like.. life?

Seriously, grow up. Who cares if you paid and want your $10 worth? There are others who have payed more and not said a word. Not everything is going to be on time like your mommy and daddy give you on a silver platter.

Everyone at Riot are clearly working on trying to get this game into tip top shape. Just because you have a "screw later I want it NOW" attitude doesn't mean they do. Riot tries to get everything working at first, albeit bugs here and there. But what game doesn't have bugs? If you even try to name one, you're only trolling.

Thank you Riot for what you've done. Keep on keepin on.

-A loyal customer

WHITE KNIGHTING FTW!