And another patch goes by with no magma chamber/stats/replays/obersvers etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MathMage

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSeaCow View Post
In-game whisper is another thing that would be nice
It's a feature I've been using. Apparently they fixed it.

Sobel

12-01-2010

Whispers were fixed in the patch before today's.

Chugguh

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dota2
Q: Will the replay system allow me to move freely backwards and forwards in time rather than having to watch a whole replay?
A: You’ll be able to jump around to any point in the replay, add bookmarks for easy referencing, view detailed stats and graphs while the game is going, and watch through a specific player’s view (with regards to their camera movement). You’ll also be able to watch replays with friends if you want to review a game or learn from your mistakes. To aid videomakers, the replay system will have flexible camera angle and speed controls. There will also be a bunch of commentating and editing features you can add to your replays.

Q: Can you spectate an already ongoing DotA 2 game?
A: A lot of the game will be built around spectating and shoutcasting support. You will be able to join most ongoing games (unless the players marked it as private) and just watch them. You can join a game your friend is in, see what your favorite clan is doing, or simply pick a skill level and a hero you like and it will find you one to watch. We also have a system in place that automatically distributes the load to multiple servers so that the game itself won’t be affected by users joining to spectate. Our distribution network will allow us to support any number of users that want to watch, by dynamically assigning more servers to the task. There will also be special tags and search options to help you find live or old shoutcasted games. Shoutcasters will be able to operate as directors, so anyone watching will have his camera looking at the same things the shoutcaster is viewing. There is also an optional anti-cheat mechanism built in so that the game you are spectating can be time delayed by any amount of time to reduce potential abuse.
Dota 2 will have these at release and even then the chances are these incarnations are much more advanced then the ones Riot currently is developing. With Dota 2 coming out probably mid 2011 Riot will have had a year and a half head start to get either of these features out. Valve is a much bigger company yes but honestly when I purchased my copy of LoL I did not think over 1 year later a "competitive" game would lack elements almost essential in any competitive game.

If Riot can't get these out by Dota 2 how can I still support a company that just won't live up to what it promises? I say this not angry or bitterly but in all honesty quite upset. I enjoy LoL much more than I enjoyed Dota, but I want a complete game not just an extended Beta.

Toxicx187x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
guinsoo stated the patch would be epic, the balance changes are good, and lo and behold, he works on the live game team. "epic" doesn't mean "guinsoo became a game engineer, warped time and space, and made new features."
gtfo

Lez

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieryal View Post
Go work for riot and do a better job since it's such a joke to everyone here to get those features in the game. ****, all you would have to do is sit down and you would have it all done in 20 minutes right?

People who play games have no ****ing clue how hard it is to make them.

Stop the QQ.
You're ******ed, you understand this don't you?. While on that note do you under stand how easy it is to make maps for a game like this? Whne i college my and my group made a game based off of dota for a final. We did it in 5 weeks, had 2 maps, 8 charters to pick from.

Riot needs to stop making empty promises Period.

Voracious Eater

12-01-2010

I'm really excited for the new map, Magma Chamber. I hope it has this nature vs. champion - like feature where a certain area will have a geyser that can damage anyone nearby or even a volcano erupting every 5 mins. I don't mind the wait but please please please, make it unique, fun, and release it in December.

ShakeDrizzle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

+234..........
Let's see if this thread gets any information out of Riot. Other than Morello trolls.

bootyquake

12-01-2010

Moral Riot gets out of this thread: stop talking to the community.

Rokk

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I've finally been around long enough to develop hate. Woo!
It's more that your sarcasm simply brushes aside a valid complaint. When people see a red post in a more serious thread bringing up valid complaints, most of them expect to hear something worthwhile =/

budd

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Guinsoo stated the patch would be epic, the balance changes are good, and lo and behold, he works on the live game team. "Epic" doesn't mean "Guinsoo became a game engineer, warped time and space, and made new features." :P
I liked you better when you made sick beats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkKRq...eature=related