And another patch goes by with no magma chamber/stats/replays/obersvers etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamscribe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

Urgot's getting buffed in one of the next few patches.

Magma Chamber isn't even on the PTR, let alone Practice Mode and therefore far removed from Live.

Eve isn't getting her rework until they completely overhaul stealth, something which Morello has stated will take some time, but is of benefit to all stealth Champions.

For those complaining that they don't release Champions at all price points, let me ask you this: what the hell are you spending your IP on? It's a free way of buying Champions without having to pay real cash for them. More to the point, it completely defeats your argument that there isn't a low enough price point given that IP is a free currency accrued simply by playing the game.

It's already been stated that they want replays in the game, but to implement them right now would mean that they would break every two weeks when they patch. They are currently hiring more people to take care of this situation.

The removal of the search feature was predicated on them needing to remove some bandwidth issues related to the 3m LoL users trying to search. They have stated that they will attempt to restore it as soon as they can staff up and get more bandwidth/fix the issues that are causing search to be so laggy.

Did I miss anything?

Praul

12-01-2010

I personally think it is amazing that a dev actually posts in a thread like this where people are actively pointing out empty promises. Other game devs NEVER do that.

Me thinks the LoL community has finally taken Riot's openess for granted.

With that said, OP is right Morello... I still like your opinions, but, you should seriously bring this up at a meeting or something.

Ghettobarney

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praul View Post
I personally think it is amazing that a dev actually posts in a thread like this where people are actively pointing out empty promises. Other game devs NEVER do that.

Me thinks the LoL community has finally taken Riot's openess for granted.

With that said, OP is right Morello... I still like your opinions, but, you should seriously bring this up at a meeting or something.
You mean the one post that didn't answer any of the questions whatsoever?

I still don't understand why they even have the achievements bar there in the first place, it's not like they're gonna do anything with it.

Toxicx187x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2010

riot lies, in protest dont buy RP till they actually do some balance changes which doesnt include nerfs to "balanced"champs

ShadyFae

12-01-2010

The sad thing is not that what the OP says is true.
The sad part is that he only lists about half of the things he could/should.

I still love LoL. Still play it often. Just wish RIOT would devote more attention to the things people want and the things they say they will do... and less attention to the things people want much less.

Petenuts

12-01-2010

-FIX the ****ing search bar, add a new map, add replays, get rid of the useless summoner's spell tab, add achievements (that tab has been in pvp.net for ages already and unclickable), add some new profile pictures

-in conclusion: You do not have to stick to your ritual of releasing a champion every 2 weeks. It is okay to put your priorities somewhere else instead of releasing champions.

Quantity of champions < quality of game.

Ghettobarney

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamscribe View Post

Magma Chamber isn't even on the PTR, let alone Practice Mode and therefore far removed from Live.

Right because we would know if it was.

Eve isn't getting her rework until they completely overhaul stealth, something which Morello has stated will take some time, but is of benefit to all stealth Champions.

For those complaining that they don't release Champions at all price points, let me ask you this: what the hell are you spending your IP on? It's a free way of buying Champions without having to pay real cash for them. More to the point, it completely defeats your argument that there isn't a low enough price point given that IP is a free currency accrued simply by playing the game.

I'm referring to RP prices, not IP. RP on ALL champs have been 975. You know, RP? The thing that costs money?

It's already been stated that they want replays in the game, but to implement them right now would mean that they would break every two weeks when they patch. They are currently hiring more people to take care of this situation.

They said that over a year ago, don't give me this BS. So you mean to tell me Riot waited an entire year to even start on fixing replays?

The removal of the search feature was predicated on them needing to remove some bandwidth issues related to the 3m LoL users trying to search. They have stated that they will attempt to restore it as soon as they can staff up and get more bandwidth/fix the issues that are causing search to be so laggy.

I can understand this, and search isn't that big of a deal, but still 5 months is pretty ridiculous.

Did I miss anything?
I didn't really mind waiting for these features but Riot is the one who hyped this patch. They kept telling me over and over that it was going to be amazing, and that there would be this huge AOE metagame shift, and that there would be new features and stuff. Morello even personally told me that Malphite wouldn't be getting a nerf!

And what the **** happens this patch? NOTHING! No Metagame shift, no new features no nothing but a new champs that once again is released at 975RP and another stupidly overpriced "Legendary" skin and a Malphite nerf.

Bregan

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Guinsoo stated the patch would be epic, the balance changes are good, and lo and behold, he works on the live game team. "Epic" doesn't mean "Guinsoo became a game engineer, warped time and space, and made new features." :P
then he shouldnt tease and he should keep his mouth shut.

smaaash

Recruiter

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamscribe View Post

Did I miss anything?

I honestly wouldn't mind not having a patch every two weeks for the next month or so if it meant Observer mode/replays would come faster.

EFG

12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
then he shouldnt tease and he should keep his mouth shut.
Don't let him remake champs either. Can't you just elect him president of snack preperation or something?.