And another patch goes by with no magma chamber/stats/replays/obersvers etc.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

12-16-2010
9 of 13 Riot Posts

There is an update that is substantially larger than the Season One update in many aspects that is coming shortly and we will be making an official announcement with some details to provide an overview for you guys.

I don't want to spoil it with a message board post - but I'll see if I can hurry it along.

durpado

12-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
There is an update that is substantially larger than the Season One update in many aspects that is coming shortly and we will be making an official announcement with some details to provide an overview for you guys.

I don't want to spoil it with a message board post - but I'll see if I can hurry it along.
Just one question. Is this "update" just season 2? This is exciting news nonetheless.

Drakeil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2010

WOOT! A reassuring post from THE PRESIDENT.
That renewed my hopes for a couple weeks!!! ... but that's all you get, until I see it for myself.

PunishmentSphere

12-16-2010

Until they decide to charge money for those things, expect a steady stream of heroes and **** else.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

12-16-2010
10 of 13 Riot Posts

No, it is not Season 2. Season 2 is another major update that is occurring after the one that I am referring to (that is also underway and awesome).

Additionally, these huge updates will be happening all the while we continue to release new content, improve old content and add many new features like *gasp* forum search (& others).

I know it feels slow - I have been in your guys shoes many times before as a dedicated player of a great game, and all I wanted to do was help.

The thing I want to reassure you all, is that unlike those other companies that I was trying to reach with my clear, well-thought out posts that articulated why they needed to change their game in certain ways, they didn't care at all or listen.

At Riot, WE do hear you - that is why we encourage all of our developers to have a direct relationship with you guys, to constantly talk to you and get feedback on everything. We aren't satisfied with what we have done so far and know that there are major ways to improve.

The great thing though, is that I am highly confident in our team and that we HAVE heard you and that the updates that I am referring to are precisely what you all are waiting for.

We will not disappoint, the only thing that we ask for is a bit of patience and faith.

Opiyel Guabiran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordeve View Post
People tend to forget how new and small of a company Riot is. They are not posting information about upcoming content because they probably don't have a clue when it will be ready. Its also interesting that you feel the client is a POS, as it won many awards for an outstanding technology platform. Remember, yes you can pay for this game, but most likely the majority of people do not. Its FREE TO PLAY. If the content of the forums for a free-to-play video-game get you down that much, then feel free to go pay 30$ for the HoN client.

Stop feeling so entitled. And this is coming from someone who owns almost all of the champions on two accounts, with a bunch of skins.
Not that I don't agree or disagree, but remember, the community was told that if we voted for them and they won, we'd get Free champs/IP boosts. Not sure if the voting is really accurate when people are bribed to vote for you.

Michiokun

12-16-2010

Thank you Tryndamere for continuing to read the thread.

Edit: Honestly if the "President" would take 10-15 minutes to say anything substantial at all on a thread for 40k views every other day or something... it helps more than you can imagine. I know not all 40k are unique views, but this thread is like a small stadium full of people. It's srs bsnss.

Also, have a word with some of your employees openly trolling customers on the forum. Thanks. Ugh, can't believe that's happening. It has nothing to do with my "entitlement" either as one poster put it. This is a discussion board, and I am voicing my concerns for the better...

BrainStein

12-16-2010

it's really nice to have the president directly responding to our concerns!

+1 to RIOT, you really continue to show you guys deserve our support!

you guys rox! ^^

P.S. just get a whip and make those lazy guys work slave-like

Ickarious

12-16-2010

Tryndamere have you even read this thread? You just keep giving "soon" awnsers when they're asking for a reliable update on features you promis'd us a year ago.

They're getting pissed off at all of the "soon" And wanting more of an "ETA" You said we'd get an update within the week, By god its time man. Why wouldnt you want to spoil it with a message board post? ARE WE NOT IMPORTANT?

Basically you saying that we, The community, Do not deserve updates on issues we as a whole feel strongly about. Why? Because then the magazines would have nothing to report? Who the hell cares?

I'm sorry bro but your starting to look like the old guy promising us candy if we go into his basement.

General8

12-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post

Cool, Company president posting. Glad to see we getting heard.