Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

July 4 & Canada Day art contest winners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noxikon

07-26-2013

Quote:
BosqueBravo:
I agree. To be completely candid, I am curious how much say the artists at Riot had in selecting the winners.

I'm venturing to say not much, if at all. Consider the winners from other contests that were held like the gingerbread one.

Anyways, here's mine. I hope you like it.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=737643&d=1374603047

SadnapS

07-26-2013

Sad... the community didn't even get to vote on all applicants. Riot should have taken contest lessons from Shirt Woot, I feel like my vote actually means something in those contests.

Dùcimus

07-26-2013

Quote:
noxikon:
When things like this:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=736893&d=1374537701

don't make it in at all...I've truly lost all faith in Riot's contest judgement team.

~Abraham Lincoln

This is my second post on this forum.

I had to log in to express my opinion; after seing this, I cannot imagine it didnt make it in the finalists.

I know, taste and judgements are biased on personal opinion, but, nonetheless, this was impressive.

Now, I want THIS as the next skin for Hecarim! Seriously! We have an "Oncle Ryze" and "Status of Karthus" skins, we need that RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) Hecarim skin!

That is my very biased opinion

phillovpot

07-26-2013

who cares about a contest what about the next patch

Z3RGLING

07-26-2013

Quote:
noxikon:
I'm venturing to say not much, if at all. Consider the winners from other contests that were held like the gingerbread one.

Anyways, here's mine. I hope you like it.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=737643&d=1374603047

Vlad sup and Heims Mustard xD Thats really cool please keep making league art

Initiated Necro

07-26-2013

Congrats to the winners.

Here was my entry:

http://sonjafunnellart.blogspot.com/2013/07/league-of-legends-fourth-of-july-art_15.html

Dùcimus

07-26-2013

And to add to my previous post, this contest should have had three grand prizes :

One for July 4th, One for Canada Day and One to commemorate both (as some image show both country).

Everyone (Both Americans and Canadians) would have been pleased!

noxikon

07-26-2013

Quote:
Gromph:
Depressing some of those entries even got into the top 15 for voting, first and last contest I will enter.

Not saying I should have won, but I think mine was better than a few of the ones up there. I'm looking at you MS paint Talon/Riven/Annie, and you non-relevant Fizz.

I am unequivocally 100% with you on this. You also did a great job.

TheBronzeLegend

07-26-2013

Isn't this the JULY 4TH AND CANADA DAY contest? Not the JULY 4TH contest? Shouldn't we at least get to see all the other entries that other people probably poured days into, and should they not deserve recognition? And shouldn't it include both events? What's the point of only showing the winner, and it just happens to only be American history.

Aklaen

Social Media Coordinator

Follow Aklaen on Twitter

07-26-2013

Hey guys,

We've had a lot of amazing submissions for which we thank you a lot. It was really hard to make a decision and I wish we could have given prizes to all the ones who have impressed us. Having had more than 1.000 entries it would have been extremely hard to manage both for us and for you if we wouldn't have made a previous selection before hand and I hope you can understand the reasoning behind it. This being said, thank you all for your hard work and for the effort and consideration you have put in this contest.