Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aram not Random!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kolos1001

08-19-2014

Bad necro is bad.

L4T3NCY

Lead Designer
Featured Game Mode

08-20-2014

Heya guys ^.^/ I realised we've never explicitly called this out before, so in the spirit of transparency, here we go!

ARAM's RNG is truly random from within the champions you have available at champ select.

I'll elaborate a little here. ARAM's RNG is truly random from the champions you own + the free weekly rotation champs. There is no weighting on any groups or champs whatsoever. When using a reroll, you obviously can't reroll a champ that someone on your team already has, so the system randoms again from your remaining pool (you are also guaranteed to not reroll the exact same champion again, so your pool is technically n-1). Rerolled champs go back into the available pool for everyone else to random if they use any subsequent rerolls.

Remember though, as pointed out previously in this thread and others, asymmetry in people's champion pools (whether intentionally manufactured or naturally occurring through varied champion pricing) will probably cause certain champs to come up statistically more often than others. This is what we're hoping to address by exploring the idea of unlocking all champions for ARAM.

What is a Wolf

08-20-2014

Oh god my, a red response... In our ARAM forum. What is this?

pls give the map more attention

Neamean

Recruiter

08-20-2014

Mr. L4T3NCY, just a question can you reroll to get the same champ as someone on the enemy team? Cause I have never ever seen an aram with two of the same champ in one game on on each team. So is it even possible or is it the chance of that happening really low.

Linna Excel

08-20-2014

Quote:
L4T3NCY:
This is what we're hoping to address by exploring the idea of unlocking all champions for ARAM.

I don't want to play all champions. I just want to play my favorite ones.

Ryster

Recruiter

08-20-2014

Quote:
L4T3NCY:
Heya guys ^.^/ I realised we've never explicitly called this out before, so in the spirit of transparency, here we go!

ARAM's RNG is truly random from within the champions you have available at champ select.

I'll elaborate a little here. ARAM's RNG is truly random from the champions you own + the free weekly rotation champs. There is no weighting on any groups or champs whatsoever. When using a reroll, you obviously can't reroll a champ that someone on your team already has, so the system randoms again from your remaining pool (you are also guaranteed to not reroll the exact same champion again, so your pool is technically n-1). Rerolled champs go back into the available pool for everyone else to random if they use any subsequent rerolls.

Remember though, as pointed out previously in this thread and others, asymmetry in people's champion pools (whether intentionally manufactured or naturally occurring through varied champion pricing) will probably cause certain champs to come up statistically more often than others. This is what we're hoping to address by exploring the idea of unlocking all champions for ARAM.

AWESOME! I was hoping for a complete champ roster ARAM mode since the beginning of ARAM back in SR days. Do you think it would be viable to have 2 different queues? One for normal ARAM, another for 'Hardcore' ARAM?

Kwisatz Haderach

08-20-2014

You guys skewed ARAM rolls when you patched in no mirror matches(happened one patch post ARAM launch). Now if the other team has popular aram champs the chances of you getting a good one after a reroll goes down. Why the hell can I mirror in Blind pick but not random? It was a horrible change.

lightdragoon88

08-20-2014

Quote:
Kwisatz Haderach:
You guys skewed ARAM rolls when you patched in no mirror matches(happened one patch post ARAM launch). Now if the other team has popular aram champs the chances of you getting a good one after a reroll goes down. Why the hell can I mirror in Blind pick but not random? It was a horrible change.

Cause we didn't like it.

Ulanopo

Recruiter

08-20-2014

Quote:
L4T3NCY:
This is what we're hoping to address by exploring the idea of unlocking all champions for ARAM.

I had some thoughts on improving the format:

http://lolulanopo.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/welcome-to-the-murderbridge-6-ways-to-improve-arams/

What is a Wolf

08-20-2014

Quote:
Ulanopo:
I had some thoughts on improving the format:

http://lolulanopo.wordpress.com/2014/07/14/welcome-to-the-murderbridge-6-ways-to-improve-arams/

No need for that.

Remove passive mana regen from map and there you have it!