Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aram not Random!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quartzmonkey

10-27-2013

Quote:
Addstoo:
I think the idea is that people often are rolling the same champs every other time, and opposite teams seem to do the same. I personally faced a team comp of blitz, kog'ma, teamo, lux, and someone else TWICE IN A ROW and lost both times (i can't remember the exact comp, but 4/5 characters on the enemy team were the same both times around).

In a system of random events, some players are bound to see repeats like that. It's the nature of random. Most games are not like that though.

Secretnir

10-27-2013

Just fought my 7th ARAM Varus in a row...

hard to believe that many people have him when he's virtually never seen in any other mode.

Quartzmonkey

10-27-2013

Quote:
Secretnir:
Just fought my 7th ARAM Varus in a row...

hard to believe that many people have him when he's virtually never seen in any other mode.

Because pretty much everyone who commits to buying the best ARAM champs picks him up.

Secretnir

10-27-2013

Quote:
Quartzmonkey:
Because pretty much everyone who commits to buying the best ARAM champs picks him up.

Right, I figure. I made the comment more in reference to the fact that some people seem to generally dismiss the notion that there are a lot of players with ARAM-centric accounts undermining the "randomness" of what you see in the mode.

Quartzmonkey

10-27-2013

Quote:
Secretnir:
Right, I figure. I made the comment more in reference to the fact that some people seem to generally dismiss the notion that there are a lot of players with ARAM-centric accounts undermining the "randomness" of what you see in the mode.

To that I agree.

hunnyflash

10-28-2013

lol, it IS random.

But it's still confined by the popularity of characters.

The ones you have, the majority of what other people have. And then like ^ said, people with accounts only for ARAM centering on characters for ARAM.

I play a lot of games where the same people are on both teams. Because people tend to buy all the same ****.

rdiddy1551

11-01-2013

I've been a strong advocate to stop getting champions back to back. It takes a lot of fun out of a random playmode when you play the same champion two or three times in a row. Aside from that I'm fine with the random generator.

Kavahk

08-10-2014

I own 48 champs and I see a favoritism of free to play over owned champs. I counted the last 100 matches of ARAM and the top 6 champs I had from pick (not re-rolling) was Nunu (6), Voli (5), Cho'gath (4), Master Yi (4), Jayce (4), Shyvana (4). The lowest champs I had with 0 were Braum, Caitlyn, Dr. Mundo, Fiddles. Very surprising since I had Caitlyn for about a year and not once I got her in past 100 matches. And I had alot of single played champs like Garen, Janna, Jax, Kassadin, Morgana, Tryndamere, Wukong, Nidalee, Taric, and Soraka.

Also to mention I had many more games before, and off the top of my head I remember Nunu, Cho'gath, Volibear Ryze and Shyvana being picked way more than the rest of my list of owned champs.

So as for being random....... Not as much as it really seems to be. Using a random champ generator for Howling Abyss it was more random than real matches.

So is it really random? My opinion, no. I played probably 250 - 300 ARAM and I've seen a handful of champs over and over. What RIOT needs is a better free to play random generator first. That seems to be the start of the problem here. Fix that, and the rest should follow.

Sabirwolf

08-18-2014

Quote:
Tubby1147:
or some other champ like allistar,

Funny, I WANT Alistar, but the game keeps putting me up against enemy teams that get him, and won't let me. Alistar is a beast in ARAM.

Sabirwolf

08-18-2014

Hmm.. just got singed for the 6th time today. ARAM really wants me to play singed for some reason