Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aram not Random!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I cheat at ARAM

10-04-2013

Quote:
Bonabon:
Do 10,000 iterations of ARAM and tell us if you get the same results.

Periods of similar outcomes are all part of the concept of "random." You aren't guaranteed to get a different champion every time. A factory of monkeys using typewriters will eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare.

Based on a sample of ~1.5million games, Ashe is present in just over 25% of matches. If ARAM was truly random we should expect to see her in only 8.7% of games.

As much as people claim to understand the fundamentals of probability, it's painfully obvious they don't understand pseudo randomness.

Strikerfox

Recruiter

10-04-2013

I actually did a small scale study (100 rolls of the ARAM dice). I have 53 champs unlocked. I got free champs that I did not own 31% of the time. While the total result is quite random, the ratio of owned to free seems out of balance. I would like to hear from someone who has every champ.

Sinister Magicia

10-24-2013

I own 86 champs and I get champs that i forgot I even owned so id say it's definitely random. Sure you guys say that its not random and that Ashe has shown up in ~25% of matches but you have to take into account the amount of people that own Ashe, and probably all of the 450ip champs. I myself own all of the champs 3150ip and under so i end up playing those champs most because I have the most of them. As far as free to play champs every week go i own 7-10 of the champs in the rotation so it really doesn't affect who I get. I think that most people are just mad because they don't get Nidalee or Blitz every other time they play.

TCWA Tigerbite

10-24-2013

Just started playing LoL again this past weekend. Played 3 games of SR before I realized ARAM had it's own map now (instead of custom game), so I started playing it. Started LoLMatches back up a couple days ago and well...seems pretty random to me!

http://lolmatches.com/player/na/25239879/TCWA+Tigerbite > Champion Statistics > ARAM 5v5

DutchessKitty

10-26-2013

seven games in a row with a duo partner each time she is fiddle i am mundo. it is not random.

MrPaincake

10-26-2013

Why does no one ever take into account the champions that other people have? If everyone had access to ALL of the champions it would be truly truly random, but since they don't it IS limited. For example if someone on your team doesn't own many champions they will have a higher chance to get a certain champ which lowers your chance to get that champ. Same with the other team. Some games have multiples of the same champ, but not usually.

Quartzmonkey

10-26-2013

Quote:
DutchessKitty:
seven games in a row with a duo partner each time she is fiddle i am mundo. it is not random.

Riiiiight.

Pharticus

10-27-2013

I love how they force free week champs on you... I got karma 2 times in a row...not to mention all the time you get a free week champ reroll...and get another free week champ.

Ok I really don't love it...

Quartzmonkey

10-27-2013

Quote:
Pharticus:
I love how they force free week champs on you... I got karma 2 times in a row...not to mention all the time you get a free week champ reroll...and get another free week champ.

Ok I really don't love it...

Herp derp. The alternative of people only having Nidalee, Sona, Heimer, Lux, and Varus in their champ pool without free week champs sure would make ARAMs better for everyone!

Addstoo

10-27-2013

I think the idea is that people often are rolling the same champs every other time, and opposite teams seem to do the same. I personally faced a team comp of blitz, kog'ma, teamo, lux, and someone else TWICE IN A ROW and lost both times (i can't remember the exact comp, but 4/5 characters on the enemy team were the same both times around).