Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Aram not Random!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tubby1147

07-26-2013

It has gotten to the point where i do not want to play aram anymore based on the facts that i get the same 3-4 champs everytime even tho i own over 30 champions, about every time i will get ryze, soraka, or some other champ like allistar, so riot, can you please actually make aram random, thank you...

FuzzOff

07-26-2013

i went through a period where i was gettin raka, ww, nunu, or ali every 1st roll. it has since improved a lot (maybe a hundred games ago?). think its all apart of the random. changes up some too when the freebies change.

just keep buying more champs youd think might be favorable. it gets ya faster rerolls too.

SanKakU

07-29-2013

shameless bump

Migrañaboy

07-30-2013

Theres high possibility that people have exclusive aram accounts with a select pool of champions. Of course there are must buy champions, like master cheap, nidalee, blitz.

Bonabon

07-30-2013

Do 10,000 iterations of ARAM and tell us if you get the same results.

Periods of similar outcomes are all part of the concept of "random." You aren't guaranteed to get a different champion every time. A factory of monkeys using typewriters will eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare.

Migrañaboy

07-30-2013

I would propose a different system, cheap champions are the most common ones at aram, for example, if everyone owns master yi, then I guess that its 5 times more possible to get him.
(Im bad with my english, warning)

+The odds of getting a champion should not be increased by the number of players that own him/her.+

Of course this cant garentee that the odds of getting Nidalee every game will be reduced, as theres a re-roll system anyways.

The easiest solution is to make every champ available for ARAM. What I have never seen before is a 5 support team, perhaps its just my luck, but Im curious whats the actual script for aram "randomness".

Domina Proelium

07-30-2013

I think some people missed elementary school here. If you put 10 marbles in a bag, 5 red, 2 blue, 2 yellow, 1 green, you might get green 3 times in a row. Random is random. Random doesn't mean "oh you just had this one, so we'll give you a different one this time". Giving you a different champion every time would be an actual system rather than true randomness.

AllRandomAllNude

07-31-2013

Yeah, the irony of this post is that what the original poster actually wants is for ARAM to be less random, not more. If it's truly random, you can get the same 3-4 champs over and over, at random. What the OP really wants is often referred to as "random, exhaustive", which means you pull randomly from a pool of all available champs, and don't put them back in the pool once played, so that you go through ALL your available champs in randomized order before the pool resets (like an MP3 player shuffle)

MetalSharper

10-04-2013

i've gotten more tanks than anything else while playing aram despite having 60+ champs and some of my more expensive characters I never roll. I think they should change it to your chance of rolling a character go up or down based on how many times you have played that champ in ARAM not rolled but played including the primary type of character that you got. So if you got tanks a lot you have less chance of getting a tank and more of getting an assassin/mage/marksmen/fighter primary role as well as the particular character you have been getting a lot.

Personally I've gotten Alistar more times than I care to count and it has actually made me stop playing ARAM because i get tanks way to much. ARAM was fun but now it's just boring because I get a tank after tank after tank.

Maybe even implement a system where if you have been playing a tank a lot because you trade with someone because they don't like playing tanks. the game actually disables you from trading and getting a tank role for a bit to ensure that you don't play tank.

Rutilated

10-04-2013

I keep a spreadsheet of how many times each champ of mine has been rolled.

It's quite random.