How is the input lag on Mac screens?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silverXYM

07-24-2013

Gonna get a new mac but, I am worried about this...

I think Apple uses IPS panels on most of their products. Great image quality but the response time on them aren't the greatest. I recall when Diablo 3 first came out, I would play it on my PC at home, and then go to my ex gf's house and play it on her iMac. There definitely was a noticeable difference. This was an older model iMac however.

So I wanted ask you guys if you guys are able to play this game comfortably on you Mac without the input lag affecting your gameplay.

Mirror

07-25-2013

The difference between 12 - 18 ms on the built-in screens and the ~6 ms you'd get from another display technology is unlikely to be perceptible to humans. =)

The easiest way to test whether you find it pleasantly playable would be to put League (or another of your favorite games) on a hard drive and plug in at an Apple Store.

FreakinUnoriginl

07-25-2013

Different people have different visual acuity. Most can't see the difference.

I didn't have any trouble switching to my 24" Apple Cinema Display a few years back. But I also don't have the most responsive eyes.

silverXYM

07-25-2013

I've actually heard that 2-5ms is ideal for games. Anything above that can actually affect your gameplay. Maybe more so for FPS and other twitch heavy games as oppose to action RPGs and MOBAs.

So do you guys find playing LoL on your apple machine be just as good as other monitors?