Why isn't Bortk melee only?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChocoKelly

07-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
The goal of the item was to beat health stacking, not for melee only to beat health stacking.

I know we're nerfing the active in a coming patch, because it's too good for ranged champion kiting.
Then Do this to botrk ;

Active Last 2-(3) seconds for Ranged champions,

Last 4 Seconds for Melee champions.

CaesarFlickerman

07-24-2013

Honestly, BOTRK is just fine. I really don't see the problem, and I don't even build it much.

Hraagh

07-24-2013

The movement speed swing needs to be removed from the active entirely.

Here we have an item that is equal damage to IE as a first item. Oh, and it's cheaper and easier to build in parts. Throw in the active for a third peel (Condemn, tumble, and this) plus the attackspeed boosting silver bolts, and suddenly with one item Vayne performs better than other AD's with their first item.

Riot screwed up, and they're trying to cure the symptoms (nerfing Vayne) instead of treating the disease (killing the item.)

Furthermore, all future champions must be designed with the knowledge that this item exists. If they're physical damage, they have to be designed knowing this is either a peel, or extra burst, or both as required - and if they're a tank/bruiser, they have to be designed with a gap closer to overcome this item.

Blade of the Ruined King is awful item design, and needs to go. Now.

Don Storm Shadow

07-24-2013

Quote:
The goal of the item was to beat health stacking, not for melee only to beat health stacking.

I know we're nerfing the active in a coming patch, because it's too good for ranged champion kiting.
Phreak i dont think that 1 s slow duration nerf will fix the kiting problem on botrk. Btw this nerf also affect melee champions who buy this item..(better nerf irelia)
Melees should not be affected by this nerf. Make the active nerf only for ranged champs.

Elmanbeastio

07-24-2013

I thoroughly hate BotRK active duels. I feel forced to buy this item as melee mostly because all ranged adcs buy it and kite me for free(while countering health I might wanna buy to be able to last as a melee).

Why not add more damage to the passive and remove active. This means it only affects what it was meant to affect, hp stacking. Not ALL dueling across the board with a malphite shard thats HP based.

or

Why not add a much longer CD to the item. This means that if you get slightly ahead, you dont get to kill me in exactly 60 seconds. Its along the same lines of why Darius and Riven ults were nerfed. You die to them, they get their ults back a very short while after you returned to lane, youre dead again.

Don Storm Shadow

07-24-2013

phreak answer once more!

Benpasko

07-24-2013

Quote:

Why not either make it so the movement bonus / slow or both is melee only, and ranged is just the damage?
Or just make it so the effect is lessened for ranged.

Happy Firetrucks

07-24-2013

Bump for input from a real Rioter

KStreetFighter2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-24-2013

Quote:

Wasn't that what old Blood Razor was supposed to do? It worked fine and didn't even have an active.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2013

Quote:

the whole item is too good on vayne. its not just the active.

and xyph has made clear in the past, that nerfing a single champion around one op item is bad design. there was already something, for ranged ad, that beat health stacking. its called stacking ad, attack speed and crit. basically, what they did anyways.

so what? ranged ad need a few more auto attacks to kill someone who stacks health. isnt that the entire point of the stat? if you give them items, and tools in their kit, that let them always kill you in the same number of hits, then why do defensive items exist?