Why isn't Bortk melee only?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SculptorOvFlesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
The goal of the item was to beat health stacking, not for melee only to beat health stacking.

I know we're nerfing the active in a coming patch, because it's too good for ranged champion kiting.
Now just change Iceborn and SoTLE and we are right on track.

Mirage Night

07-24-2013

Quote:
The goal of the item was to beat health stacking, not for melee only to beat health stacking.

I know we're nerfing the active in a coming patch, because it's too good for ranged champion kiting.
Yeah that nots going to help the issue

Arduno

07-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayobe View Post
That would be worse...
Howso?

Unique: Gain +40% attack speed and +20% movement speed for 6 seconds (4 seconds for ranged champions) - 45 second cooldown.

Something like this that melee gains more from botrk then ranged how is that worse?

Netteh

07-24-2013

Quote:

Thanks for the indirect Udyr buff

Minishmaster

07-24-2013

With the exception of Statikk Shiv, every on-hit item accessible to ranged ADC that was introduced in S3 will have been nerfed due to abuse by ranged ADC. This includes an item designed for melee junglers and an item designed for tanky casters.

SanSarra

07-24-2013

Quote:

We can reformulate then, I guess:

"Why isn't the active on BotRK melee only?"

Thus, I don't know about the nerfs, but I'm kinda worried nerf would only be a fish when we need to learn fishing

soon a hero

07-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDudeMcDudeman View Post
What about Iceborn then? It shares a similar situation to BORK.
iceborn is half ranged size compared to melee

GyptIce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2013

Cool so one of my favorite items to buy on Vi gets shat on again.

SOyProasfasdfdsa

07-24-2013

Quote:

Ok. But health is not an issue anymore, health was nerfed.

The issue is that if health is countered.

What we have left . Armor and MR. Both of them were nerfed fo S3, since armor pen and magic pen are overall more powerful.

Next patch, the buffs for GA, Spectre Cowl, and price reduction of Randuin and FH are cool tho.

NA Darklarik

07-24-2013

Quote:

So can you just make it Melee only instead of ALSO nerfing melee champions?