Patching twice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Le Grudge

04-30-2013

The game patched earlier and I played an ARAM match. An hour later, I tried to get on and it is patching again... except this time it is stuck on step 1. What's the deal?

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-30-2013

They put out a supplemental patch, give it a little time and it should finish. If it still seems stuck, restart the client.

I don't usually recommend closing the client, as it restarts the entire patch process, but this patch is small enough that it shouldn't matter.

Constantinius

04-30-2013

Why would the brief patch happen and then immediately afterwards a 500mb patch start? This seems to happen quite often with my client... Is this a preexisting issue?

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantinius View Post
Why would the brief patch happen and then immediately afterwards a 500mb patch start? This seems to happen quite often with my client... Is this a preexisting issue?
I'm guessing the large patch was the actual 3.6 update, and the small patch was some stuff for the launcher (probably adding the freljord stuff to the launcher). Its perfectly normal.

Parker Lewis

07-21-2013

This same problem happens for my brother. It seems like the client randomly needs to re download and re patch sometimes, even when there isn't a new update.

He's had instances where he gets disconnected in the middle of a game, goes to launch league of legends again, and it starts updating again.

Not really sure what the problem is. It just seems like the Mac client is kind of janky.

Vulgar Cupid

07-24-2013

Mine is just literally stuck at 33% in the top bar... tried restarting the client to repatch over and over again but it still have the same result