9400M nVidia Graphics Card

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

milkytoast

12-16-2010

it never really worked that well for me in windows or Mac on my 13 inch macbook 9400M, so I stick with mac, but the load times are what really are annoying.

Etheros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-16-2010

Actually, the problem is probably the NVIDIA drivers for OS X, not the card itself.

Wr3ck

12-26-2010

The card if fine, the game is not graphically intense by any means.

Argothman

01-03-2011

I get bad fps with my 9400m mac mini.

Anything I can do?

Also, I have a very large screen, but I play on 1024*768, could the large screen make it laggier?

kardus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2011

Most of the framerate issues you will have probably has less to do with RIOT and more with apple/nvidia. The latest nvidia drivers coded by Apple are absolutely terrible, and typically affects the performance of newer games. LoL isn't the only game to suffer from this. Until Apple gets up and fixes a lot of these issues, many problems in gaming will still exist. Even though the nvidia cards are typically better, the ATI drivers on OS X are infinitely better than the nvidia ones. Expect to get 10-50% of performance you'd get on an equally specced mac to PC, probably. On a 1 year old macbook pro /w 9600M and 4 gigs of ram I pull about 20-45 FPS depending on the setting with all settings at med/low, on a high res.

EQLucky

01-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argothman View Post
I get bad fps with my 9400m mac mini.

Anything I can do?

Also, I have a very large screen, but I play on 1024*768, could the large screen make it laggier?
I didn't test yet the LoL Mac client, but I have the late-2009 mini, and the performance in mid-settings is really really great... on XP. Even 60fps.
Sadly, I have installed Win XP on my Mac mini just for LoL, and that angers me a LOT. If there would be a way to get just "normal" performance for a mini, I would blindly delete/wipe/send to hell my XP partition but, by the looks of it, that won't happen on a near future :-/