Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

Very, very poor connections on all fronts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MacBook Pro

Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

Prior to the last 3 patches I've had a relatively stable gaming experience. Recently however, i believe either my connection is not great, or that riot has not been thoroughly checking the mac client when updating with a new patch.

Here are the problems I get whenever I try to play 5v5 Summoner's Rift Normals:

• "Attempting to reconnect" every two minutes. My suitemate does not face this problem whatsoever, and I've made it a habit to keep my wifi diagnostic assistant constantly open because of every time I disconnect in game. This can be as frequent as every 2 minutes.
  • when selecting champs, I've had my client give me error messages, the standard one that pops up every time the server's connection is lost and a bug occurs. I then have to completely terminate launcher and force quit. Sometimes restart, before I can enter the game. The above error still occurs despite of that.
  • Animations, especially during team fights seem to lag the entire screen. My character will stop moving while the rest of the people in game will run in strange directions. Animations are held to a standstill. The "attempting to reconnect" sign does not show up, and my wifi shows perfect connection. I havent been able to provide screenshots during any of this because either i can't (in game), or my computer literally freezes for 20 seconds or so.

And yes, this is in 5v5 normals. For some reason playing in the howling abyss for me rarely brings up the above problems. (although occasionally they still occur, just not often enough to disrupt gameplay.)

the logs uploaded are only from a single game. I have not uploaded from the games I played yesterday, to which I was encountering serious lag. I have had something like 20 log files from playing 2 hours or so.