Morello, A Moment of Your Time Please for Pantheon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFrozenIsles

11-11-2013

/\Really really hope a Red see this post as that was just great!
I fully agree with the questions both to players and their opponents.Why I dont like the idea of him being able to jump to a alley. I do like ever thing else you have said.

Mjaxon

11-11-2013

So when Morello agreed Pantheon needed work after worlds, did he mean right away, or 5 years from now?

Derpomancy

11-11-2013

Had a few thoughts I'd share on my previous post - just gonna quote myself here since A. I'm too lazy to edit it into an already girthy post, and B. as a shameless bump to the thread since I genuinely care about Pantheon's current state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpomancy View Post
The overarching problem here seems to be a dominant early-game followed by a much weaker mid/late-game due to ability falloff, which in turn creates higher-than-average level of item dependence.
To elaborate, I'd say this kind of situation is rather par-for-the-course as far as assassins go - it just hits some harder than others. Assassins with plenty of hard and/or soft disengage (think Zed, Kha'Zix, Riven and Rengar to certain extents) are more forgiving because, well, they have plenty of hard/soft disengage methods, and as such can get out of fights that clearly aren't in their favor. What puts Pantheon in a tough spot is that he lacks that disengage, so when he commits to a fight he has to be ready for anything, ergo he's a lot more item-dependent.

Also, after reading my post over a few times I'm having some reservations with the crit mechanics. I can't remember the specifics of where I read this, but I vaguely recall it being stated in a red post somewhere that the design team being kind of iffy on the idea of giving champions "free stats," having cited Jayce as a 'we've learned our lesson' type of example. Having that in mind just makes me wonder if giving Pantheon scaling crit chance would do more harm than good, A. because it could be seen as one of those "free stats" and B. because of chance-based nature of critical strike chance creates a lot of situations where you may win or lose a fight by luck, rather than skill.

Not to mention the potential chaos that would ensue when trying to decide how Crit Damage runes and Infinity Edge fit into the equation. The way I figure it, the easiest solutions would be to have the bonus crit damage apply either only to Spear Shot (as it does live), or to none of the abilities at all. Oh well - better to go too far than not far enough, right?

Mjaxon

11-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpomancy View Post
but I vaguely recall it being stated in a red post somewhere that the design team being kind of iffy on the idea of giving champions "free stats," having cited Jayce as a 'we've learned our lesson' type of example.
Yeah, Zyra, Elise, Zac, Zed, Aatrox, etc. Riot sure learned their lesson.

VelNyeScienceEye

11-11-2013

I've always wondered why he has such a poor lategame when you would expect a Spartan warrior to be able to outlast his opponents, meaning he would be better in longer fights.

Also, I cannot upvote Derpomancy enough

VelNyeScienceEye

11-11-2013

Bump

Derpomancy

11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjaxon View Post
Yeah, Zyra, Elise, Zac, Zed, Aatrox, etc. Riot sure learned their lesson.
Their hypocrisy, not mine :P (cept for Zac I think - what free persistent stats does his kit give him?)

VelNyeScienceEye

11-12-2013

Bumping again

VelNyeScienceEye

11-13-2013

And again

Derpomancy

11-13-2013

Went ahead and changed Grand Skyfall; upon taking another pass I decided global range and armor shred on-crit was a little too OP, and didn't really help fix any of the bigger problems the ability has. Channel/Flight times are now 2 seconds/1 second respectively, and now temporarily gives bonus Armor/MRes on-impact, with additional bonus Armor/Mres for each enemy champ you hit.