Morello, A Moment of Your Time Please for Pantheon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

009Deathwolf

10-26-2013

He needs to have alternate build thats more tanky

Black0utman

10-26-2013

Here my Idea:

antheon, A new and funny Champion

I have been studing Pantheon, playing him in all roles, Top, Mid, Jungle, Assasin, Bruiser, but in my opnion, he is not in the metagame right now.
I'll be brief and objective.

- He is a Greek Warrior, Greek Warrior weren't assasins, they were FIGHTERS, so my idea is to put him like a Bruiser/Fighter.
- Greek Warrior = Phalanx. Shield in the front, tight Spear, deficiency on the flanks.
- Spear and Sword, this is a new concept in the league of legends, two melle weapons.
- GREEK WARRIORS NEVER RETREAT!

The Skills now, i'll gonna show the skill than say a brief explanation.
There are two ways to fight, Sword and Spear

Q: Throw (Spear)

-Pantheon Throw his Spears at a target than wield his sword, gaining attack speed and reducing his range (125)

-Explanation: Spear have more range(175) than swords(125), when he throw his spear, he become more light, gaining attack speed

Q: Throw (Sword)

-Pantheon Take a Spear. Increasing his defence in the front off and decreasing defence in his rear. Increasing range (175)

-Explanation: Like a Phalanx, good defence at the front but deficiency on the flanks.

W: Shielded (Spear)

-Pantheon Shield someone pushing the enemy backwards.

-Explanation, here pantheon to maintain the phalanx, he need to reposition enemys and maintain the formation.

W: Shielded (Sword)

-Pantheon run towards to an enemy and hit him with the shield, changing his direciton, spinning 180*.

-Explanation: Here pantheon run like the Vi ultimate, but not with less range, like incresing the speed to reach a maximun speed, than he shield the enemy to change his direciton, Like Rammus Q.

E: Reagroup (Spear)

-Pantheon deals swift strikes in a cone in front of him, decreasing his moviment speed and every hit at the enemy slows.

-Explanation: Like Heartseeker strike, but he phalanx are mobile, now he can move slowly and reducing enemy speed. Always with the face to the enemy.

E: Reagroup (Sword)

-Pantheon Shout, giving his all! increasing armor and damage.

-Explanation: TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL! that explain everything, this will turn him to a true bruiser.

R: I dont know

-Explanation: i like the idea of Grand Skyfall, but a cool thing will be instead of deal damage, will be funny if it deal slow, like the movie 300 when all thing get slowmotion.

Conclusion:

So thats my idea to a good and funny TRUE WARRIOR that never retreats!
Hope you guys like it, the idea of pantheon like an assassin fells weird, he like a bruiser would be more funny i think.
I know... the skill names aren't good at all, but the skills set seems very unique and funny.
Say what you think about this.

Good Fight!

Runeimus Prime

10-27-2013

Black0utman:
I like the concept, but not for Pantheon.
Maybe create another spartan like champion (female maybe?) that goes along with your sword n spear skills.
Your concept is good, but definitely that's not Pantheon anymore, too different. Might as well make another character

Black0utman

10-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runeimus Prime View Post
Black0utman:
I like the concept, but not for Pantheon.
Maybe create another spartan like champion (female maybe?) that goes along with your sword n spear skills.
Your concept is good, but definitely that's not Pantheon anymore, too different. Might as well make another character
i dont know, i really don't like the concept of pantheon, a spartan assasin? for me spartans have to be warriors!! not assasins, but thanks for the opnion

Mechanikatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2013

If Riot would want to go far out, I would suggest making the passive a more powerful version of Banshee's Veil (blocks first attack or spell) but only when facing the target, making his Q cooldown 1 sec more (you can spam it too much right now), make his W scale with armor, E as it is but usable while moving, and making his ultimate scale with max HP.

This means people get to choose whether they want to be more of a mobile assassin that focuses on damage, or be the unrelenting Spartan that holds his ground with impunity. That would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikatt View Post
From this post

VelNyeScienceEye

10-27-2013

What if his passive blocks a certain amount of damage rather than just one AA? As it is now, it's possible for a cannon minion to break through his passive and thus not block the AA of the person he's actually trying to duel.

Zukuu1

10-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND Mallet View Post
What if his passive blocks a certain amount of damage rather than just one AA? As it is now, it's possible for a cannon minion to break through his passive and thus not block the AA of the person he's actually trying to duel.
It would need to block so much damage that it can absorb a turret or full late game AA. At that point, it would probably be either broken, or way too weak, if it's a lower amount. Would help him mid tho.

Then again, you could sit on 1 damage absorb left, but no way to get it off you to replenish it. Would need to auto refill after 4 spells / AAs (or more if that change does come).

Even if he doesn't get a deeper look, his base stats need number tweaking as well (in particular mana and mana reg), which could be done easily in any patch. Riot just needs to get an eye on panth for a second and tweak him a bit, before getting to him in detail later.

Vyrolf

10-27-2013

I'd throw down some cash for a Dragoon Pantheon skin. Call it Dragonslayer if you have to for licensing.

Dr Kreiger

10-27-2013

A big thing, as suggested kind of before but not quite in this style is give his W a passive similar to a wukong/irelia passive, where he gets say 2,4,6,8,10 armor per enemy champion within 500 range of him or so, as to give some kind of defense for jumping on their carries to kill them, which is what you have mentioned he should be doing. If they are mass peeling for their adcarry, he becomes a bit harder to kill, where as if hes left alone, hes easier to kill, but obviously isnt being peeled.

As far as laning with it, since almost all pantheons max W last, as well as it would only be single champion bonus it wouldnt give him much to his already strong laning phase but would make his lategame seem a lot better, as well as would synchronize well with hp items/shields, of which is what he naturally itemizes for after hes gotten his damage(randuins/hexdrinker) to help him stay more relevant later.

FoodPhD

10-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black0utman View Post
Here my Idea:

antheon, A new and funny Champion

I have been studing Pantheon, playing him in all roles, Top, Mid, Jungle, Assasin, Bruiser, but in my opnion, he is not in the metagame right now.
I'll be brief and objective.

- He is a Greek Warrior, Greek Warrior weren't assasins, they were FIGHTERS, so my idea is to put him like a Bruiser/Fighter.
- Greek Warrior = Phalanx. Shield in the front, tight Spear, deficiency on the flanks.
- Spear and Sword, this is a new concept in the league of legends, two melle weapons.
- GREEK WARRIORS NEVER RETREAT!

The Skills now, i'll gonna show the skill than say a brief explanation.
There are two ways to fight, Sword and Spear

Q: Throw (Spear)

-Pantheon Throw his Spears at a target than wield his sword, gaining attack speed and reducing his range (125)

-Explanation: Spear have more range(175) than swords(125), when he throw his spear, he become more light, gaining attack speed

Q: Throw (Sword)

-Pantheon Take a Spear. Increasing his defence in the front off and decreasing defence in his rear. Increasing range (175)

-Explanation: Like a Phalanx, good defence at the front but deficiency on the flanks.

W: Shielded (Spear)

-Pantheon Shield someone pushing the enemy backwards.

-Explanation, here pantheon to maintain the phalanx, he need to reposition enemys and maintain the formation.

W: Shielded (Sword)

-Pantheon run towards to an enemy and hit him with the shield, changing his direciton, spinning 180*.

-Explanation: Here pantheon run like the Vi ultimate, but not with less range, like incresing the speed to reach a maximun speed, than he shield the enemy to change his direciton, Like Rammus Q.

E: Reagroup (Spear)

-Pantheon deals swift strikes in a cone in front of him, decreasing his moviment speed and every hit at the enemy slows.

-Explanation: Like Heartseeker strike, but he phalanx are mobile, now he can move slowly and reducing enemy speed. Always with the face to the enemy.

E: Reagroup (Sword)

-Pantheon Shout, giving his all! increasing armor and damage.

-Explanation: TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL! that explain everything, this will turn him to a true bruiser.

R: I dont know

-Explanation: i like the idea of Grand Skyfall, but a cool thing will be instead of deal damage, will be funny if it deal slow, like the movie 300 when all thing get slowmotion.

Conclusion:

So thats my idea to a good and funny TRUE WARRIOR that never retreats!
Hope you guys like it, the idea of pantheon like an assassin fells weird, he like a bruiser would be more funny i think.
I know... the skill names aren't good at all, but the skills set seems very unique and funny.
Say what you think about this.

Good Fight!
This really seems very fun!