Morello, A Moment of Your Time Please for Pantheon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFrozenIsles

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
Pantheon has 2 roles. Assassin and Fighter. These 2 roles don't fit together too well when you look at his kit. An assassin without any real skillshot and no big counterplay, a defensive passive and a long cast time hard to land high range ult as an engage tool.

Panth has to become a real bruiser with more survivability and less burst potential. He needs to be able to fight for real like Renekton. Survivability, a bit of mobility and CC together with good DPS and a bit of burst.
I agree with this. I really dont what him more of a assassin but more as a fight. I have a very hard time seeing a assassin carry such a huge shield around with him plus I dont think it will work with his lore that much if they make him more of a assassin like Talon, Zed and the like.

The Fiasco1011

10-25-2013

I haven't played Panth as much as say Ryden7, but I have played him for a long time. In thinking of how to adjust his abilities around, I came up with an idea and I'm curious to see what you all think.

Make Aegis of Zeonia a ranged stun (THROW THE SHIELD!) with a slightly longer or scaling stun duration, and possibly a longer cast range ~700 instead of his current 600.

This would however take away the gap closer, but not if Heartseeker Strike was then changed to his leap that could apply the damage on landing making it similar to other cone damage abilities.

I feel that these two changes could greatly improve his ability to get to a target and burst on them even when his ult is not up. Also the ranged stun (that doesn't fling you to the target) would give him some type of disengage.

Zukuu1

10-25-2013

Yep, I agree with the statement that Pantheon should become a real bruiser / fighter, which is offensive oriented.

NoobTurnsPro

10-25-2013

Change his passive to Armor for building AD, like Xerath's old passive. This will solve his squishyness

VelNyeScienceEye

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fiasco1011 View Post
I haven't played Panth as much as say Ryden7, but I have played him for a long time. In thinking of how to adjust his abilities around, I came up with an idea and I'm curious to see what you all think.

Make Aegis of Zeonia a ranged stun (THROW THE SHIELD!) with a slightly longer or scaling stun duration, and possibly a longer cast range ~700 instead of his current 600.

This would however take away the gap closer, but not if Heartseeker Strike was then changed to his leap that could apply the damage on landing making it similar to other cone damage abilities.

I feel that these two changes could greatly improve his ability to get to a target and burst on them even when his ult is not up. Also the ranged stun (that doesn't fling you to the target) would give him some type of disengage.
Actually, just change HSS to what you suggested and make his W able to target minions and friendly champs as well and he makes a good assassin.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryden7 View Post
Hey!
1B. Predictability: This point goes to Pantheons ultimate which many have stated isn't very good. I disagree, I think Pantheons ult is amazing in terms of global pressure but there are a few problems with it. When Pantheon is ulting, its very easy to tell who he is going to target and the delay that causes him to land makes it that much easier to disable him once he lands. Before Pantheon can cast Aegis of Zeonia, he must land at the center of the circle, when correctly timed which is fairly easy to do, you can stop him from using Aegis of Zeonia by using some form of crowd control like a Zyra snare or a Janna tornado.

Makes me wonder what it would be like if they gave Pantheon Elise style targeting during the drop down. Let you fall anywhere within an area. Give at least a little room for Pantheon to adjust based on how people have moved and moved to counter him.

Runeimus Prime

10-26-2013

No, I strongly disagree with pantheon should be a bruiser instead of being an assassin that he is now. He should be an ad caster assassin, always have been. Please don't take away his identity, as a long time pantheon player, I would be heartbroken if he changed into a bruiser type.

Lègácy

10-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
I know you're a busy person so I'll keep this short and simple. I have no qualms with Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike, but I think Aegis of Zeonia and Grand Skyfall are heavily lacking in comparison:

Aegis of Zeonia:
- Currently acts as nothing more than a gap-closer/passive refresh; the base damage is low and it scales off of AP and deals magic damage
- Adding an attack damage ratio to give the ability duality (akin to Aatrox's Blades of Torment) would make Aegis impactful, less of an afterthought and clarify itemization pathways for new Pantheon players

Grand Skyfall:
- Right now, there are no incentives to level this ability past its first rank until Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike are maxed (distance doesn't change, mana cost doesn't change, the damage isn't the primary focus of the ability, and a fifteen second reduction in cooldown is arguably trivial)
- Give Grand Skyfall Olaf's old Ragnarok passive (+10/20/30 armour penetration [flat]) so that Pantheon isn't pigeon-holed into solely a "penetration" itemization pathway to remain noticeable, so that Pantheon can actually fit a defensive item into his build as right now he basically has to build solely glass-cannon, and so that there be an actual incentive to leveling Grand Skyfall (I would take a damage decrease on the ability for this sort of a passive without hesitation; say 350/600/850 instead of 400/700/1000)

Thanks kindly for your time.

I think is a good idea to adding in an attack damage for - Aegis of zeonia

I think pantheon is pretty good right now, but i think those change will get him into the right spot. Just don't Buff him in anyway. I feel like he is great right now. I main pantheon too

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2013

If Grand Skyfall becomes any easier to land, it would probably have to do way less damage. The values if you hit dead center on it are pretty insane currently.

Yfrappefort

10-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
If Grand Skyfall becomes any easier to land, it would probably have to do way less damage. The values if you hit dead center on it are pretty insane currently.
Well, even with a faster landing, the probability that you land dead center is almost impossible unless the target was under hard CC. The damage decrease really quickly if you just move a bit to the side.