Morello, A Moment of Your Time Please for Pantheon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkestDisciple

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adradian View Post
Please don't offer suggestions
It's a suggestion. Don't get butthurt over it, rofl.

Papy Mougeot

10-22-2013

One thing I hate about pantheon is his Q. Even if it's super strong early game and has a really low cooldown late game I just hate the feeling it give when using it. It's like pantheon throw somes toothpicks and not like he impales you with a spear from distance.. I don't really have ideas to change it
but I'd like it to have a higher cooldown and a bigger impact(not especially in damage).

DragonsEyeG

10-22-2013

Pantheon is perfect as he is! Love his stun and spear. man jump gets me back into the fight quick but it could use some real reason to land on enemies, does not real damage or anything. and his quick stabs look nice.. but really they can barely even take out a wave of minions.

009Deathwolf

10-22-2013

panth changes where?

TheFrozenIsles

10-22-2013

I have not play Pantheon much(mostly when he is free) but I really love all Mount Targon champs.So is my 2 cent on him.

I agree that some thing should be done with his passive and ultimate. I find my self not really caring for them at all. Maybe change Certain Death with Aegis Protection for his main passive. Then rework Aegis of Zeonia into a better shield for he can live though a teamfight. As for his ultimate. I really dont like it as it is as I find myself using it for only moving around the map. If I hit some one great if not no big deal.

The big thing I dont what to happen is him getting any sort of escapes or any thing that makes it easy for him to run from a fight. I like how all of the Mount Targon champs are all melee and all in for a team fight. I think it works very well from what we now of the lore.

TheF4ller

10-22-2013

If anything were to change on pantheon, i'd go with one of the following buffs (not both):

1 - Improve HSS passive. I do understand why this has ever been a low 15%-max-hp-to-100%-crit-chance, since it can easily be exployted and make him snowball his early game even harder, but as time goes on, this 'theoretical' boost in 15% of his autoattack dmg is mediocre if we compare to other dmg % boosts that other champion get, like zed, khazix or talon... My suggestion would be to make this passive:

--> scale either by skill rankup (15/17.5/20/22.5/25), and maybe add a tiny bit more mana cost to its active (+5), thus giving a tradeoff for lvling HSS 1st over Spear Shot

--> go with the new trend, and make it scale by champion lvl (lvl1 10-11-12-13-14-15-16-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-23-24-25 lvl18); it would nerf his early game a bit but it would have a steady increase to 25%.

These changes would try to fix some of his issues coming in lategame, allowing him to easily finish off his targets when after his combo they are still left with more than 15%HP. But if giving more power to pantheon is out of the question, then i'd go with:

2 - Improve his ultimate Grand Skyfall. As much as 'global ultimate' as it goes, compared to the other 2 from TF and Shen it's the one that brings the least to the table, specially in terms of utility. All it gives is an unreliable form of damage and slow. Since its purpose is to place an assassin champion, without any means of escape, inside the flick of battle, i'd suggest a defensive steroid from 3 to 4 seconds duration after he lands in the form of damage reduction (20%/30%/40%) so this way he can at least hold enough to make some dmg to his targets without getting instantly blown up.

TheFrozenIsles

10-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFpMcgee View Post
So aggregating responses:

1. He's too squishy when building assassin, and he has no escapes.
2. His ultimate is hard to land and has a too long of a cast time.
3. His passive doesn't feel very meaningful.

1. His damage output is pretty darn high against squishy targets, and every time he has 400g at fountain and an open item slot, he can powerspike, because almost all of his item paths involve long swords. In terms of raw single target decimation capability, he falls off late game once team fights start happening (he hates peel) but at least in my experience, he can provide comparable map pressure to Shen with his semi-global ultimate. I personally feel these are reasonable trade-offs for the squishiness.

2. His ultimate could use some intuitiveness changes, because the optimal use case is rarely to jump ON someone, but to generally jump in their escape path due to it's cast time. I'm not sure how I would resolve this, but I agree with the frustration point. Maybe if the range of W extended for .5 sec after usinghis jump?

3. At least in my opinion, his passive feels awesome in lane, but come midgame teamfights, it's hard for it to feel impactful. Again, dunno, what we could do to it though to make it feel better.

What are your guys thoughts?
I now I just post but I was rereading your comment and I what to now why you said the bold part.As that work for all AD champs. More so for champs like Zed, Riven, Talon...ect then Pantheon.As the Ad work on all there kit then just half.

CatchMeIHavCandy

10-22-2013

Bump

CatchMeIHavCandy

10-22-2013

I like the idea of a defensive buff placed on allies if he leaps to them. Maybe add a very short fear effect when he hits an enemy with Grand Skyfall. Or give him a damage buff shortly after he uses it or for his next skill he uses only. He just needs something small in terms of buffing

Frozen World

10-22-2013

I think the best way to balance him would be with crit. If you reduce his early-mid game power spikes by lowering his ratios, you can then let him build crit for his spells so that they become much stronger late game without needing to be glass.

For example, if we lowered his Q ratio to 1.1 or 1.2, but let him build crit on it so the spell would do the 1.5x damage, we would lower his damage increase from early AD and would then let him build items that would allow his spells to do more damage mid-late game without building glass cannon.

The only problem would be the RNG factor making him like Critplank, but perhaps that could be balanced in some way, maybe by having his spells do a % more damage based on his critical chance.