Morello, A Moment of Your Time Please for Pantheon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

10-21-2013

Is it intentional that his Grand Skyfall doesn't do damage if you use Aegis of Zeonia while falling? Or is it just a visual bug? I mean, it's nice that you can just instantly stun someone from 5500 units away - but it still doesn't feel intentional the ult itself shouldn't do damage. In fact, the whole channeled jump-and-stun seems like a bug you just haven't fixed - he should always hit the ground first.

P.S. My idea: his Aegis of Zeonia should be able to target allies - and maybe make it grant them Aegis Protection for up to 4 seconds (until it blocks something)(I think giving him a utility use for targeting allies promotes good play, rather than just making it an escape). Also, make it place Pantheon behind his target - because using his dash-cone is really awkward to aim when his target is under him (sometimes it's possible to miss them).

DarkestDisciple

10-21-2013

My thoughts:

Change the Auto-Crit-on-low-HP to a flat scaling crit chance (10/15/20/25/30%) on the Spear. This allows for more meaningful harass in-lane without having to adjust his mana costs. It also allows some strength to be reallocated elsewhere.

For instance, into some innate tankiness. I like the idea of 15-25% reduced damage for a couple seconds after the stun. Just my thoughts though, I'm no Panth main.

CragBlade

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestDisciple View Post
My thoughts:

Change the Auto-Crit-on-low-HP to a flat scaling crit chance (10/15/20/25/30%) on the Spear. This allows for more meaningful harass in-lane without having to adjust his mana costs. It also allows some strength to be reallocated elsewhere.

For instance, into some innate tankiness. I like the idea of 15-25% reduced damage for a couple seconds after the stun. Just my thoughts though, I'm no Panth main.
Destroying people immediately when they are low is what makes Pantheon so fun. Taking that away would make us very unhappy.

ScarPirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2013

bump

DarkestDisciple

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
Destroying people immediately when they are low is what makes Pantheon so fun. Taking that away would make us very unhappy.
That is understandable, auto-crits are an iconic part of Pantheons kit. What I would like though is a rebalancing of power, which means he must lose something somewhere. How about keep the auto-crit, but with reduced damage that builds up to full crit damage? (think Shaco)

A Planeswalker

10-21-2013

His passive is cool for blocking Turrent shots and jungle.

Aegis of Zeonia needs diffrent scaling

His Ulti should scale cast time for distance travelled.

Just my .2 cents.

FinalBoss Wilson

10-21-2013

I would love to see the radius of man-drops dmg reduced in exchange for more dmg on hit targets with ad scaling. I'd like to see the move used for dmg as opposed for *just* movement.

Kildyu71

10-21-2013

For his ult......

What if the timing didn't change... but while he's in-flight, we could slowly drag the landing circle to change where he comes down.

So, you ult where you think you want to ult, but as the opponents shift around, you can shift your landing spot a little to compensate.

Proelium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestDisciple View Post
My thoughts:

No. Don't touch Certain Death.... as a panth main i say that would make him so much less fun to play. Please don't offer suggestions that hurt the enjoyability of the champion and make him feel more binary.

ITCAMEFROMMEXICO

10-21-2013

Incoming wall of text:

Late to the party, but FpMcgee is actually pretty on with his assessment of Pantheon at a higher level of play. I have almost 300 games played at D3 with him, 60% win and almost exclusively played him from silver5 to d3. But even that said, I only would like to comment on how I feel he would be more viable for more general play at all levels of skill - without turning into an overpowered mess again.

The thing I like about Pantheon is that people itemize him differently, his kit actually is useful for multiple roles at different parts of the game, making him a powerful champ for the right situation.

Unfortunately, it seems that if you itemize wrong, you take a pretty harsh punishment going into late game. With this in mind, I do feel that perhaps some sort of 'itemization distribution' would be good on Panth. If damage could be removed for armor, or perhaps a reliable escape (Aegis W working on allied champions/wards) I feel it would be a pretty good trade off. We saw earlier iterations of Pantheon were considered overpowered, because of too much damage. And I honestly think his damage is in a decent place right now. Many champs have some sort of utility, and Pantheon has a fair bit, but later game people say that he turns into a stunbot. Which isn't inaccurate, as Panth is one of those champs that you have to kinda snowball or you get left in the dust. But perhaps if he could get a bit of natural tankiness for lategame without investing in total tank items, he could pick up a couple damage items and still not die in a single peel/stun/silence later game.

Many of the champions have a form of defensive armor/mr buff when leaping into a teamfight surrounded by people (think Xin, Urgot, etc), and I think that Pantheon could greatly benefit from something similar. I'm sure its been mentioned, but even if something was added that was reliant on the ultimate 'skillshot' he has, it would be a fair buff. Maybe even something along the lines of 20/30 armor/mr for 4 seconds per champion struck with his ultimate damage. And then maybe lowering the drop time by .3 seconds. As it stands, someone with double digit ping can walk out of his ult if he's already moving, even if you land it dead center. The only real reliable way to land an ult is hitting it during a teamfight when the target is focused on someone else - or 'lead' them and hope they don't react fast enough to turn around.

To be honest, Pantheon is actually in an okay place right now - like any champ he has his niche. I don't expect him to be a main pick/ban like a zed, ahri, or kassadin. But some tiny buffs that avoid damage and instead target something like survivability would be a great step in the right direction.