Morello, A Moment of Your Time Please for Pantheon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pudii Pudii

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFpMcgee View Post
Since this thread is still getting some life, and I haven't been on the forums in quite some time, I feel a lot more comfortable talking about this topic.

Do you guys still feel like Pantheon doesn't have a good niche/role within the scope of the game? What specifically do you think he fails at? And by the same token, what do you think is core to what makes Pantheon Pantheon?

Warning, I'm not actively working on a rework or anything of that nature involving him, but I saw this thread was still getting some activity and I haven't said hey in awhile, so I wanted to chat
I feel like Pantheon at the moment is like an AD version of Leblanc for the top lane, if he gets a kill or two early then he can snowball out of control but if you contain him and just farm it out he tends to be a lot less impact than other champions that farm it out.

I don't play him so it's hard for me to think where he fits in with most team comps but I can imagine if you're good enough his ult could be used almost like a mobile Zyra ult, whereas he can assassinate the adc/apc and have his team follows up.

If he's not fed or doing overly decent, I feel like he turns into a squishy peel mule kind of like jungle lee sin late post 30 minutes.

I think what makes him different is his sheer lane presence, his ability to tower dive so early with his passive, his movement speed he is pretty tough to take down by yourself. I haven't seen one in months; I'm only Silver 1.

Priamos

10-21-2013

Quote:
Since this thread is still getting some life, and I haven't been on the forums in quite some time, I feel a lot more comfortable talking about this topic.

Do you guys still feel like Pantheon doesn't have a good niche/role within the scope of the game? What specifically do you think he fails at? And by the same token, what do you think is core to what makes Pantheon Pantheon?

Warning, I'm not actively working on a rework or anything of that nature involving him, but I saw this thread was still getting some activity and I haven't said hey in awhile, so I wanted to chat
Hi, I'm a Platinum who has played Panth every season, and I learned everything I know from SmashGizmo and LoCicero!

The thing about Panth is that in power level he's just about fine, he just needs a bit of help in teamfights. As it stands, he can't really do much assassinating because of his relatively low mobility (compared to actual assassins like Zed/Fizz/Kass/Riven/etc) and his easily interrupted E (plus he's a CC magnet). So you can't really play him as an assassin.

Instead, the most optimal way to play Pantheon is to hang at the peripheries of teamfights and try to get off Qs and Es on multiple people, rather than trying to assassinate anyone. It's incredibly difficult to do, not very intuitive, and not very fun.

IIRC LoCicero said (paraphrasing) that a small defensive steroid on W would do wonders in helping him in teamfights, and letting him do some damage.

clamo

10-21-2013

pantheon fits the role of an all in assassin i find him just fine the way he is except maybe giving his ult a couple buffs. If anybody needs a niche role id say it would be gangplank i have no idea what he is.

Proelium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2013

There's been tons of Pantheon threads. Those could be good resources.

Proelium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2013

Not asking much, just a little thing that could help.
Not looking for a buff, I love Panth. I just think this would make sense.

E- Heartseeker Strike
-Passive Certain Death
- - Pantheon becomes more aware of his enemies weaknesses allowing him to always crit enemies below 15% health.

QOL suggestion- Give a "death watch" indicator that tells Pantheon when enemies near him are at or under 15% health. Much like Kha'Zix can see when "Taste Their Fear" is able to be triggered.

I suggest the indicator work similar to KZ's and shows the indicator if an enemy that is in the Certain Death danger zone within his visual range.

If you upvote PLEASE BUMP for visibility.
Every time you bump, Pantheon Mandrops on a Teemo

WindAeris

10-21-2013

Quote:

Not to be rude, but what about Fiora?

Proelium

10-21-2013

Remove the damage from his ult entirely. Or at least the vast majority of it and keep a small base amount.

Sound crazy? Hear me out.

Remove the damage (or at least most of it) from his ult. Replace it with a much better slow. And in the direct center a stun.

Give a passive to his ult that gives him some way to help him scale into late game.

All of a sudden Panth is useful all game.

I will give some ideas for what passives and such should be given to the ult in other posts on this thread so that if they're bad ideas people can downvote them without closing the thread entirely.

Why add stuff to his ult while removing damage? Well that way if his pre-6 laning isn't buffed!

ALSO
Possible Ideas to add to ult-

1. Passive Flat Armor Pen- Helps all his moves a LOT and keeps him more relevant later when some champs get a lot of armor.

2. Passive % Armor Pen- same reasons as the flat armor pen but w/e is easier to balance or helps better late game as opposed to early.

3. The more people he hits with his ult, the better the CC... he's 300 themed right? why not make him do great when going balls to the walls vs lots of enemies?

4. Increased damage to anyone he hits with his ult from any auto attacks or abilities.

5. Passive refreshes upon landing (this would be nice even added onto any one of the above.

6. Makes the landing zone an area like Trundle's terrain effect. Heck even call it the Hellespont. (Again, think Thermopylae) While in this area Pantheon gains increased movement speed and defensive stats. (or offensive stats)

7. Have him land with reduced damage but apply something very similar to Lee's W when he lands. This could then be combined with #6 for Pantheon.

Don Storm Shadow

10-21-2013

he literally has no escape when jumping in..so hes not successful in being an assassin (killing=yes, surviving=no)..at least when mid-late game teamfights come...unless u build him bruiser like..but i dont think thats fun...because then ppl complain about pantheon falling off late game so hard..because of the reason u HAVE TO build defensive or else u get exploded..
a small way to give him more clutch plays is..why not lettin his stun/w target minions/monsters as well..that would make him less vulnerable to ganks during laning phase

Xedrox

10-21-2013

I feel pantheon is way too mana relient in lane and late game...

he can always poke a bit with his Q but when it comes to using his E/W its like a life and death situation...once you use them you are going to be completely oom and will be forced to play passive again.

i havent played pantheon in quite a while but i feel his base stats are way too low...and maybe some of his power from his Q should be transfered to E so its less anti fun and at the sametime he can actually utilize both in lane.

His W is practically useless...lets use jax for example...jax can atleast use it to dodge for a while before stunning...but panth its like a stun with almost no damage

Pro Anïvïa

10-21-2013

Pantheon isnt far off considering the strength of penetration in S3, but IMO it would be better for pantheon's overall gameplay if his Q was made into a skillshot and its range was increased. The reason he falls off isnt because his damage output starts falling off, but because his kit's mechanics do. Spear shot's range is too low to be good poke mid-late and heartseeker is easily interrupted. If you made his Q a skillshot you could eliminate the low counterplay and overall lame as hell spearspamming that defines pantheon's lane while making it better late game. If his lane somehow becomes too weak as a result you could try shifting more power into early heartseeker or base stats.