Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Morello, A Moment of Your Time Please for Pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nocturnes

Senior Member

07-19-2013

I know you're a busy person so I'll keep this short and simple. I have no qualms with Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike, but I think Aegis of Zeonia and Grand Skyfall are heavily lacking in comparison:

Aegis of Zeonia:
- Currently acts as nothing more than a gap-closer/passive refresh; the base damage is low and it scales off of AP and deals magic damage
- Adding an attack damage ratio to give the ability duality (akin to Aatrox's Blades of Torment) would make Aegis impactful, less of an afterthought and clarify itemization pathways for new Pantheon players

Grand Skyfall:
- Right now, there are no incentives to level this ability past its first rank until Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike are maxed (distance doesn't change, mana cost doesn't change, the damage isn't the primary focus of the ability, and a fifteen second reduction in cooldown is arguably trivial)
- Give Grand Skyfall Olaf's old Ragnarok passive (+10/20/30 armour penetration [flat]) so that Pantheon isn't pigeon-holed into solely a "penetration" itemization pathway to remain noticeable, so that Pantheon can actually fit a defensive item into his build as right now he basically has to build solely glass-cannon, and so that there be an actual incentive to leveling Grand Skyfall (I would take a damage decrease on the ability for this sort of a passive without hesitation; say 350/600/850 instead of 400/700/1000)

Thanks kindly for your time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aran888888

Senior Member

07-19-2013

Maaaaaaandrooooooop.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SwagTownUSA

Member

07-19-2013

poor pantheon


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SOyProasfasdfdsa

Senior Member

07-19-2013

he should scale with ad in everything.



how the hell a mandrop is magical, and his niple inspector stun.. is a hit with his shield.. is physical too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boswick

Senior Member

07-19-2013

Quote:
Nocturnes:
I know you're a busy person so I'll keep this short and simple. I have no qualms with Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike, but I think Aegis of Zeonia and Grand Skyfall are heavily lacking in comparison:

Aegis of Zeonia:
- Currently acts as nothing more than a gap-closer/passive refresh; the base damage is low and it scales off of AP and deals magic damage
- Adding an attack damage ratio to give the ability duality (akin to Aatrox's Blades of Torment) would make Aegis impactful, less of an afterthought and clarify itemization pathways for new Pantheon players

Grand Skyfall:
- Right now, there are no incentives to level this ability past its first rank until Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike are maxed (distance doesn't change, mana cost doesn't change, the damage isn't the primary focus of the ability, and a fifteen second reduction in cooldown is arguably trivial)
- Give Grand Skyfall Olaf's old Ragnarok passive (+10/20/30 armour penetration) so that Pantheon isn't pigeon-holed into solely a "penetration" itemization pathway to remain noticeable, so that Pantheon can actually fit a defensive item into his build as right now he basically has to build solely glass-cannon, and so that there be an actual incentive to leveling Grand Skyfall (I would take a damage decrease on the ability for this sort of a passive without hesitation; say 350/600/850 instead of 400/700/1000)

Thanks kindly for your time.


This, please.

Also it would be nice if the damage on his ult actually worked if you hit it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Surisis

Senior Member

07-19-2013

Know what? **** pantheon. how bout that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spayde88

Member

07-19-2013

Do NOT change pantheon! Pantheon is my man, and his only issue is people can't play him right. Any slight buff will make him FOTM, and then he gets mega-nerfed. NO.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pk is 1337

Senior Member

07-19-2013

Bump for visibility


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spayde88

Member

07-19-2013

Just saying, if pantheon ever gets buffed you will be upset. He was once very popular and it was insanely annoying, if you only knew. I do have to say I agree his ult needs something, but idk about making his W do AD.. that would make him pretty strong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nocturnes

Senior Member

07-19-2013

Quote:
Spayde88:
Do NOT change pantheon! Pantheon is my man, and his only issue is people can't play him right. Any slight buff will make him FOTM, and then he gets mega-nerfed. NO.

My apologies, but this is not the case at all. Pantheon suffers from dated design (back before AD ratios were common) and his "reworks" over the years have been primarily focused upon adjusting his Heartseeker Strike (it being either way too strong or completely useless). I think it's about time that his other abilities were brought up to par as well so that he isn't so heavily outclassed relative to the likes of Kha'Zix or Renekton.

Quote:
Spayde88:
Just saying, if pantheon ever gets buffed you will be upset. He was once very popular and it was insanely annoying, if you only knew. I do have to say I agree his ult needs something, but idk about making his W do AD.. that would make him pretty strong.

I've been playing Pantheon since the day of his release and he was the first champion that I ever bought with IP back in 2010. I know full well the ups and downs of Pantheon's past.