Permabanned for summoner name, was it justified?

1234511 ... 38
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Light Battousai

07-19-2013

I have changed my summoner name, I suppose it was for the best. Thank you all for your overwhelming support! My new name is Khayas and I have created a smurf with the same name that Riot found in violation of their terms of use, but I will not use it. I'll keep it as a memento, thanks again everyone!

Mods please remove this thread!

Firstly, I got a warning, my IGN (my name is/was "Muslim"). Then I get a notification the next day (without even playing) telling me that I'm perma-banned, I submit a query to Riot Support and they respond with "Your Summoner Name was found to be in violation of our Terms of Use."

I don't understand how "Muslim" can be offensive/inappropriate, maybe if you hate Muslims or something, riot confirmed discrimination, they hate Muslims and assassins (i joke).

If the sole purpose was to prevent the toxicity from other players, then I don't believe those other players are mature enough to handle an online multi-player game, so they would be toxic and I would report them, resulting in less toxicity.

If we go by the logic that religion has no place in LoL, then everyone's name that has to do with religion (and gets a warning) should go through what happened to me, but that won't happen so I have no other choice but to believe there might have been slight discrimination involved within my case

Welp, I have a free summoner name change I guess, I just really liked this name, especially during Ramadan/My birthday(totally relevant). This might not seem like a big deal to you all but it is from my standpoint. Out of all the Muslims that play LoL, I got the actual IGN that defines us all into one category and I love(d) representing it.

EDIT: Before anyone jumps on the Riot-hate wagon, I do want to believe that this ban was justified and I want to share with you all that I am allowed to appeal my account (and presumably get the ban lifted) if I go through with a summoner-name change, my point is that I shouldn't have to :\.

EDIT#2: Notice how in the email it says no reason as to why I was banned, a little fishy. I had to submit a support query for them to actually give the reason as to why I was banned. Maybe I was just perma-banned for toxicity, but why warn me and then permaban me the next day? I didn't play any games post-warning so that's a little fishy as well. I just want an explanation at this point.

EDIT#3: I'm not trying to put Riot in a bad light, and neither should you. It's probably our fault anyways (the communities') that we can't handle these types of IGN's.

EDIT#4: I just found out that the code "2103" is specifically for name violation bans (shown in the second picture), so I wasn't permabanned for my in-game behavior. This clears up some
things that I was confused about.

EDIT#5: www.reddit.com/u/itsxzy posted this on Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege..._it_justified/ , but it seems that the mods there have removed the post from the frontpage and hidden it from the subreddit.

EDIT#6: Also, here's some proof that I actually am Muslim.
Here is my reddit post, 1 month ago, asking for people in /r/Islam to play league of legends.
http://www.reddit.com/r/islam/commen...ue_of_legends/
Feel free to message that reddit account if you're having doubts and I'll respond, thanks.

EDIT#7: Strange thing about this is, is that I logged in a while ago and came to a summoner name-change screen, and I just posted to forums asking why my username was offensive and they removed the summoner-name change prompt. I was hoping something similar would happen this time. Here is my GD post about it. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3376959

Proof
Warning - http://i.imgur.com/iEYrci2.jpg I have replaced the tiny-pic images and ulpoaded them to imgur instead since tiny-pic was giving me inappropriate tags.
Permaban - http://i.imgur.com/fJDpeJE.jpg
Support query - http://i.imgur.com/55mYaxd.jpg

Light Battousai

07-19-2013

bump

Best Furry NA

07-19-2013

Im skeptical with only those images given, but if that's true, you know how much trouble Riot could get into, right?

I mean, no one named "Christian" would be banned...

Sorcery

07-19-2013

That's just down-right retarded, Riot. So it's 'Muslim'? Who cares?

True. These images are of low quality, but if true, then yeah...

help im lag

07-19-2013

what if you are a muslim who enjoys league of legends

Light Battousai

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Furry NA View Post
Im skeptical with only those images given, but if that's true, you know how much trouble Riot could get into, right?

I mean, no one named "Christian" would be banned...
I doubt they would get into any trouble, lol. I just think this is somewhat unfair to me. Also, notice the top right I included my email on purpose to match each picture.

Gravitas

07-19-2013

Oh aren't you a sweet, innocent little snowflake. You had no nefarious ideas when using the word Muslim.

Played Zilean a lot on that account, didn't you? Ziggs too?

Ibuki Suika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2013

that doesnt seem right. im hoping this either gets fixed or Riot sheds some light on something that is apparently not being told...

Cryov

07-19-2013

Maybe I should name myself North American, Aryan, or Atheist to see if I get perma banned...
Riot, you really have shown how stupid you can be with this ban.

Light Battousai

07-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle View Post
That's just down-right retarded, Riot. So it's 'Muslim'? Who cares?

True. These images are of low quality, but if true, then yeah...
I print-screened into paint and uploaded to tiny-pic, plus it's 1080p so it probably lost a lot of quality uploading into tiny-pic.

1234511 ... 38