Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Undo in the Item Shop

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigbadabruin

Assistant Product Manager

07-16-2013

With the new “Undo” button, we’re adding the ability to immediately return extra gear back to the shop, without having to sell it at a fraction of the purchase price. Now buying the wrong sword and lamenting the shopkeepers’ archaic “no return” policy is a thing of the past.

To clarify, this is a new undo button—it even says so right on it. It works by generating a history of items every time you use the shop to buy or sell. With a few exceptions, so long as you don’t close the shop or leave the platform, you can undo the most recent transaction by clicking the button.

As we said before, there are some tricky bits to this new feature though. To prevent abuse, the item history, and the ability to undo your purchases, is cleared if you leave the item shop radius, cast a spell, use an item, deal damage or take damage. We’d like to point out a few special cases as well. Undoing the purchase of an item that generates gold will deduct any gold you gained from the item. If you pick up an item that grants a buff, you’ll have to ship that buff back to the shopkeeper along with the item—such as giving up the tanky Aegis goodness if you didn’t mean to buy one. Lastly, elixirs purchased without an open inventory slot—which consumes the elixir automatically—cannot be undone. Finally, certain purchases will clear your undo history such as Homeguard enchantment (so that you can't insta-heal when you get back to base then undo the purchase).

As with any new PBE feature, we’re looking for your feedback. Join the conversation here and let us know what’s working, what’s broken and what could use a little more love.

Noric

07-16-2013

Great to see this feature has finally made it - will test out.

Zerglinator

07-16-2013

What are the exceptions, so that they can be tested?

Thryale

07-16-2013

This is great news. can't tell you how many times I've wanted to undo a bad purchase.

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

07-16-2013

Quote:
Zerglinator:
What are the exceptions, so that they can be tested?

When you purchase the Homeguard Enchantment it will clear your undo history up to that point and then be undoable itself.

AdamAndrews

07-16-2013

Such great news! Always improving <3

Jorick

07-16-2013

Having item history reset on the shop window closing seems a little much. Leaving the shop radius or casting a spell should be enough. What if I close my shop window and then realize I just bought a second pair of boots? There are already enough safeguards put in there to avoid abuse that I think the closing the shop window part is unnecessary.

Other than that, this is a wonderful feature, glad you guys are putting it in.

DeafCatMoan

07-16-2013

Quote:
Bigbadabruin:
With the new “Undo” button, we’re adding the ability to immediately return extra gear back to the shop, without having to sell it at a fraction of the purchase price. Now buying the wrong sword and lamenting the shopkeepers’ archaic “no return” policy is a thing of the past.

To clarify, this is a new undo button—it even says so right on it. It works by generating a history of items every time you use the shop to buy or sell. With a few exceptions, so long as you don’t close the shop or leave the platform, you can undo the most recent transaction by clicking the button.

As we said before, there are some tricky bits to this new feature though. To prevent abuse, the item history, and the ability to undo your purchases, is cleared if you close the shop window, leave the item shop radius, cast a spell, use an item, deal damage or take damage. We’d like to point out a few special cases as well. Undoing the purchase of an item that generates gold will deduct any gold you gained from the item. If you pick up an item that grants a buff, you’ll have to ship that buff back to the shopkeeper along with the item—such as giving up the tanky Aegis goodness if you didn’t mean to buy one. Lastly, elixirs purchased without an open inventory slot—which consumes the elixir automatically—cannot be undone. Finally, certain purchases will clear your undo history such as Homeguard enchantment (so that you can't insta-heal when you get back to base then undo the purchase).

As with any new PBE feature, we’re looking for your feedback. Join the conversation here and let us know what’s working, what’s broken and what could use a little more love.

Funny, I feel this same way with Riots store return policy....

Zerglinator

07-16-2013

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
When you purchase the Homeguard Enchantment it will clear your undo history up to that point and then be undoable itself.

Not Guardian Angel? I seem to remember concerns were voiced about Guardian Angel being an edge case for a resell button.

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

07-16-2013

Quote:
Jorick:
Having item history reset on the shop window closing seems a little much. Leaving the shop radius or casting a spell should be enough. What if I close my shop window and then realize I just bought a second pair of boots? There are already enough safeguards put in there to avoid abuse that I think the closing the shop window part is unnecessary.

Other than that, this is a wonderful feature, glad you guys are putting it in.

It doesn't clear on close, minor mistake in the original post from a bit of miscommunication.
Had bigbadabruin clear that up.