Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

fps and ping fine but still lag

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Debug

07-16-2013

My ping usually floats between 80 - 90 very standard. I have noticed a drop in frames from about 160 to 100. However, the game runs fine, then freezes and everything speeds up to catch up. Never had this kind of lag before, never really had lag before. Connection has always been great with Riot servers.

ISP: Comcast
Speed: 30 megs
Typical Ping: 85
Recent Ping: Fluctuating between 80 - 90

Like I said, game just sliding all over.

Dolphin

07-16-2013

Comcast from Florida here. Game is unplayable for me as well. Cost me a ranked win before I didn't know about it. Please fix this. Steady fps and ping just horrible server lag.

R0US

07-16-2013

Having the same issue, pretty much making the game unplayable. Comcast customer here too.

Turret Dive More

07-16-2013

i will continue to reply to all these latency lag forums until i get my loss prevention on 5 matches now...doesnt lag on 4 games in a row, then BOOM, right from the start of the game it lags, ****in ridiculous RIOT, sorry for cussing on the forums but come on now. We all give you money for skins and champs but yet you let us lag for a week or 2..i will not be as mad if you guys posted something like we will be getting loss prevention so i can be assured that you care because right now it seems like your putting this on the back burner. 5 games..thats like 80+ LP down the drain thanks to glitches in your game. Please fix and right what you have wronged.

..and BTW ive done all the tests, FPS is normal, ping great, even GW2 runs perfectly fine on the hgihest settings, its just LoL which means the problem is LoL.

Side Note: Im from Washington and a Comcast customer.

TheMonkOfFunk

07-16-2013

I too am in Washington and my other friend here seems to have the same issue. Considering many of those who are suffering from this issue seem to be on the west coast, perhaps that's the issue?

I actually booted up my GW2 on full settings as well. Worked fine. I do agree; an actual response other than, "please post your dxdiag!" would be lovely, especially considering that was 5 days ago and Riot has been completely hush since.

Maybe they're trying to weed out the players. Those who've spent money aren't spending enough anymore. Buy some skins, and see if it works afterwards.

Caesium Arthur

07-16-2013

Pssst.. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3521364 (it's stickied at the top of this board )

Pr33mo

07-16-2013

I don't understand why they are claiming lag spikes but it doesn't show at all in game.

Ghost Story

07-16-2013

Comcast internet washinton state. No problems until 2 weeks or so ago. normally a fast and good connection. I have tried checking into everything I can think of on my end and nothing has changed to create this lag.

No problems until the last few weeks but lateley its getting worse or thats just the way it looks like to me. I play most of the day and its mostly after 3pm pst and for the rest of the night.

how are you supposed to have fun with a game that you only see the result of the fight you were in.

Oral Ostrich

07-16-2013

Exact same issues as OP.
Comcast, Eugene, OR.
Game has been unplayable for two days now.
All other games / services run smooth as butter.

Most money ever spent on a game = League of Legends
Most time spent not being able to play a game = League of Legends

Lord Gildarts

07-16-2013

Ugh only league is messing up for me while every other game is just fine.