A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M4D

07-15-2013

Just don't touch him, most of reworks are disaterous(Karma, Trundle Leblanc), either champion is overpowered or underpowered. Right now Rengar is a high skill cap champion that why he has low win %. He is still viable and was even picked in EU LCS recentely...

Also he is a assasin type and those kinds need lots of gold, thats why you don't want to go with him into jungle because guess what jungle gold sucks...

TheFong

07-15-2013

-Do you identify Rengar's playstyle as one that would be a particularly good fit in the jungle?

No, I feel he should be a laner for the most part. Able to jungle of course, but better in a lane. Like Darius/Garen.

What improvements would you like to see be made to help him out?

Higher base values, with a less broken kit.

-What is appealing to you about the defensive boost Rengar receives from Battle Roar? I'd like to change this from just flat Armor and Magic Resistance to something that can be situationally more powerful and makes him less 'meatwall' when he leaps on a target

It's almost unnoticeable the way Rengar players build now. They just go full armor pen and 1 shot the AD then die instantly.

-What types of improvements or changes would you like to see be made to Bonetooth Necklace? Ideally i'd like to see this moved away from a 'stat-stick' and embrace more unique enhancements like his 'Increases Leap Range by 150'

The idea of a stacking item is difficult to balance in the first place, so it should enhance his abilities.

CragBlade

07-16-2013

You could fix his ultimate if you gave it the Volibear treatment. Make his ultimate only give the full speed boost when chasing champions rather than at all times. So it gives like 15% normally and ramps up to 40-50% when chasing champions, or just when running towards them in a specific range.

This would make it much better at assassinating and stop people from abusing it to run away.

Biggest Poopy NA

07-16-2013

Just tell scarrizard to bring old Karma back, i hate this new Karma boring snorefest.

ColdMiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2013

Or give it a certain range which he can use it? I usually use it to get a better positon when weak and jump in to finish someone weak. Id rather not only have its use to just initiate. That way it still has a teamfight use and wont be overly toxic since he cant run too far away or maybe if hes recently hit someone he gets like X seconds while in his ult to chase them down or it wont work?

CragBlade

07-16-2013

His Q already has a lot of burst from it, why does it also give Attack speed? Why give an assassin a huge AS increase?

ColdMiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Poopy NA View Post
Just tell scarrizard to bring old Karma back, i hate this new Karma boring snorefest.
THe new karma is like LUx, a Support Nuker.

The new karma hits very hard, if you think otherwise you really haven't seen a good karma.
Her playstyle was changed a bit, while keeping the mantra feel.
On another note Soul Flare hits really hard. Maybe even too hard. SHe dominates ARAMS pretty heavily because of it.

Biggest Poopy NA

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
His Q already has a lot of burst from it, why does it also give Attack speed? Why give an assassin a huge AS increase?
Because he is melee, Eve gets the same thing when she uses E.

ColdMiller

07-16-2013

Also he has no ranged abilities. SO he needs a bit of AS, without that even if his burst is toned down a bit he would have no 1v1 fighting potential unless he built for it which would Niche' him towards certain builds.

CragBlade

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Poopy NA View Post
Because he is melee, Eve gets the same thing when she uses E.
I could name so many other melees that don't have an AS increase and don't thematically need it.