A Wild Knifecat Appears! (Rengar Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Darklarik

07-16-2013

AT LAST! Scarizard you bring a tear into my eye, you cannot know how long ive been waiting for this thread.

Ive been playing Rengar since he was out on PBE, i bought him the instant he came out (im a diehard predator fan), and recently i picked him up again in my main (im playing in South America), and im dying to give you feedback. Before i go on about the changes i would like to see and my ideas on his kit, id like to give you my thoughts on the Bone Tooth Neckalace, some of the changes im saying here have to do with some of the ideas i have for his Kit change, bear with me for part 2.

Part 1: The Item
My idea for it radical: Make it a starting item.
By making it a starting item, that gives rengar a unique advantage to other junglers, your not only tailoring him as a jungler but also giving him an alternative to machete and its items.

My proposition would be as follows:
1. Hunter's Neckalace/ Cost: 350 gold.
Effect: Rengar's basic attacks deal 15-20 increase magic damage to Neut monsters.
Effect: If Rengar gets a kill or assist, he gains a Trophy stack, these stacks cap at 25 and carry on to Hunter's neckalace's upgrades, but do nothing on there own.

purpose: the idea here is like this, get an item that allows Rengar to start building stacks from the beggining of the game (everyone knows that stack items are a huge gamble for junglers), thus it inactivates Rengar to gank and make plays, instead of having to get the item mid game and then try and get the stacks from there.// Since Rengar is a more aa champion, giving Battle roar's low damage at early levels and Bola's strikes long cd, it would be better, since he also has AS steroids, to give him increase aa damage instead of that % increase damage that machete gives. I think this would improve his clear time and allow rengar to start setting himself up for mid game right from the start.

Upgrade: BoneTooth Neckalace/ cost: 350 Total Cost: 700
Stats: Plus 2+ Ad per level.
Effect: If Rengar gets a kill or assist, he gains a Trophy stack, these stacks cap at 25 (see Ult changes that help him get stacks faster) and carry on to Hunter's neckalace's upgrades, but do nothing on there own.

Purpose: This cheap upgrade that rengar can get on the first back would give him some more Punch to gank lanes instead of that extra damage he needs to kill minions. Its cheap cost would also allow Lane Rengar to pick it up relatively early so he too can start building stacks, without it being ridiculously OP item since it scales with levels.
-------------------------------
Now comes the real idea.

Giving Bone Tooth Neckalace 3 distinct upgrades. One for defense, one for Offense, and one for utility. Rengar would only be able to choose one of the 3, similarly to Victor's Hex core thingy.

This would be where the Stacks gain effect. And instead of giving him only raw stats, would also help to augement aspects of his kit.

Upgrade cost: 800 Gold. Total item cost: 1500 gold.
Example:
Defensive Upgrade:
Proposed effects that can be given based on stacks:
1. Rengar's battle roar gives an extra 5 armor and magic resi for every enemy champion in the radius.
2. Rengar's gains % reduced damage from minions and monsters.
3. Rengar's EmP Battle Roar heals for an extra X amount.
4. Flat Hp, defensive stats, CDR.
(Again, these are just ideas)

Utility upgrade:
1. Longer stealth duration/ detection radius(see kit changes)
2. Increase movement speed, CDR
3. Bola Strike range increase
4. " " Slow/root increase
5. Possible active effect at certain stacks?
6. Increase Passive range? (could also be put in offensive upgrade)

Offense Upgrade:
1. Q AS steroids last longer.
2. % Arm Pen for Emp Q
3. Increase AD+ per lv
4. Increase %damage for New ultimate (see kit ideas)
5. Other offenseive stats

20 Stacks Active effect: Rengar Reveals enemies around a 3000 unit radius for 5 seconds. Entering combat will end the effect. (I thought to remove this from his ult -see Kit changes- and add it to the item)/ 90sec CD.

Purpose behind the change: This would open a huge amount of build options for Rengar, since right now he is limited to a more assassin build. If he is building Tankiesh, he could upgrade his Item to Offense to make up for some of the lack in damage, or vice versa, he could get the defensive stats if he is building assassin, or Utility stats if he wants to make more plays.

The basic idea behind the new item is that it should be something that is a DEFINING part of Rengar, an item that people would be fools not to get, as well as giving him a clearly visible advantage in the jungle.

Part 2: Kit Changes

ChocoKelly

07-16-2013

Im played around 600+ games with Rengar on my Main account, please dont lower his empowered savagery. Ok I agree INSANE ULTIMATE NERF(!), But dont lower his Damage, since he is all about snowballing, dont remove TOP LANE RENGAR from the game and if you're doing this to his ultimate please remove fadepushback time.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
The VO playing when he ults though has been testing -very- well both as/against and really strikes fear into enemies. What would you guys feel about Global VO when Rengar Ults, like Nocturne?
I think alerting all champions on the map that he is using his ult would be a good thing, but I wouldn't provide special notification to champions that he is nearby.

Does that make sense? All enemy champions get an indication that Rengar has activated his ultimate, but they shouldn't be alerted to his location on the map.

This would allow for some counterplay, but it wouldn't tell enemies that he was ganking their particular lane or location. Sort of like how Nocturne ultimate works. You know Nocturne has ulted, but you aren't given any more information than that. You don't know which lane is he about to jump into.

I wouldn't alert single champions that he has ulted nearby them. This seems like too much information to give. Just letting everyone on the map know that he has ulted is enough information and it doesn't ruin the surprise factor since no one will know exactly which lane he is about to gank. It also alerts everyone on the map that his ultimate is now on cooldown, so that gives some counter play as well. On top of the fact that his ultimate takes a second or 2 to enter stealth gives enough time for you to realize if you are about to be ganked or not.

TROUNCE

07-16-2013

My thoughts for Bonetooth necklace is that it is decent item except for the fact when you do the kha vs rengar easter egg which is an unfair advantage is that if kha wins he receives a 4th evolution when rengar only gets a fully stacks that are permanent. I think that kha wins because the 14 stack number is achievable without easter egg.

As for his ult, I think ever since the nerf where can't use if he has taken damage in the last 3 secs is ridiculously "WAY TOO LONG." by time you use you other means of escape Flash/bush leap to a minion and since the only true HP item that you build is Black Cleavers that doesn't make you a Tanky shen you are already dead. I agree that Instant ulting away from ganks was too stong of a tool but, makes it useless if you compare it was a escape tool like other assassins such as Talon/Kha. The thing that really made me upset with the ult nerf was that if you cast ult and then you take damage you are sometimes practically dead and you end up dying your ult finally stealths and you are already dead and your ult is on cooldown that makes no sense. If you really think about it Twitch, Kha, Talon, Eve, Teemo, Akali, Shaco, Vayne, and Wukong are not all op because they have stealth abilities it smart player counter play them with items called Vision Wards/Oracles. So please lower the 3 secs for his ult to be usable again.

If rengar vs talon/kha duel at level 6, rengar ult completely not usable during the fight then that is broken to me.

hotflatcrowded

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2013

As a preface to this, I've been playing as and playing against Rengar in a variety of skill levels - from pre 30s all the way to Diamond. I’m by no means the most knowledgeable guy in league, but I hope you’ll take the time to hear me out. Rengar is still strong in the hands of a decent player, and exceptionally good vs an ungrouped and uncoordinated team. The problem however, is one rooted in the kits of all assassins - if the carry doesn't die, then the champion becomes useless. Currently, live Rengar is extremely strong early game, in the jungle, making picks, and at split pushing, while being very weak in the open with no ultimate. I think the changes I propose tone down his instagib potential, keep most of his strengths in the jungle and in 1v1 situations, and grant him options in open area teamfights.

Issues in the OP:

Lvl 2/frontloaded burst – Change Rengar’s q to have initial damage and apply a bleed with an bonus AD ratio. This (depending on numbers) stops frontloaded burst, increases sustained damage (especially when most melees only have time to get a few attacks off before getting kited), and extra Qs past the first can extend the duration. The bleed debuff can have interactions with other spells, such as his E – ex. Slowing more with a regular E when the enemy is bleeding, or even turning Rengar’s next attack into a leap when he hits the bleeding target with an empowered E. This might allow for a Rengar to create plays such as ult at high ferocity, prep the Q, jump onto carry, root with empowered E, and jump out, allowing the time for the team to arrive and clean up the half hp carry that’s probably now zoned from the fight.
Adding onto the q change, if Rengar jungle viability is a priority, maybe have empowered q give him some splash/cleave damage so that lane Rengar can use emp Q to clear.

Battle Roar – A battle roar should inspire your allies and cripple your enemies. What I wanted to do was to make a mechanic opposite Kha’zix’s isolation – something like +5/10/15/20/25 armor and mr per ally within range (although the range would have to be pretty decently sized) in order to help out his defenses. Another jungle Rengar change could be so that Battle Roar steals/reduces the attack damage of minions around him (another contrast with Kha’zix who absolutely doesn’t want to fight around enemy minions). To address the issue of weakness in open teamfights, a movement speed boost onto the empowered w should help him close the distance in open terrain and make getaways in similar areas.

Bola Strike – I think this ability is already great, just because most people don’t max this first doesn’t mean it’s a nonviable way to play. It’s basically a 25 shorter range, MANALESS Pantheon spear, and everyone knows just how hard Pantheon bullies people in lane even with limited spears.

These changes increase Rengar’s mobility and usefulness within a teamfight setting, but we should definitely look at where he’s currently VERY strong and maybe tone that down a bit. Inside the jungle/brush, Rengar gains infinite gapclosers, which is something pretty frustrating to be on the receiving end of. I propose we put a cooldown on his gapcloser in the brush (something like 10 seconds or so, whatever feels right), but allow him to reveal units within the circle, which allows for some very slippery escapes through the jungle (red buff to golems, mid lane to blue, etc.) that would have previously required a ward.

As for Bonetooth Necklace, I think granting stacks on minion kills would help make it a more interesting item choice rather than a win more item. Each minion can add a stack, siege grants 2, champions 25, and bonuses can be given at 40 or 50 stacks. To reduce the impetus to rush for stacks after a death, the necklace bonuses should persist while the stacks themselves should decrease by some amount (50 possibly). For the interaction with Kha’zix, if Rengar wins the necklace should simply grant full stacks and be absorbed, thus not taking up an item slot. I’m still coming up with more ideas for the bonetooth bonuses, let me know if anyone would like to hear them.

TLDR – not trying to make Rengar viable for competitive play, just trying to tone down the assassin in him while bringing up his weak points.

What is a Name

07-16-2013

Why change rengar when he has finally found his place in the game

Dues Pater

07-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Rengar View Post
I'd personally like to talk to you in private if that is possible ^.^ but these are my thoughts on your current changes

General
- Health Regen, Health Regen/lvl, and Health/lvl all increased

This looks good, definitely something riot over nerfed

Unseen Predator
-Now becomes visible at the beginning of the leap, rather than midleap

This actually sounds like a pretty big nerf, hopefully the speed of the leap stays the same but adding this and making people already know he is coming makes me worry a lot that he will be useless in teamfights just due to how easy it will be to peel him. (Don't forget this probably means people will be able to flash your jump before it connects)

Savagery
- Attack Speed removed (Temporary for now - planning on putting something else here)
Ferocity Bonus: Savagery
- Damage lowered, Attack Speed lowered, Attack Speed Duration increased

Looks like you have pretty much dumped on Q's face, this skill looks pretty pointless right now and it seems you want Rengar to be this Tanky DPS rather than assassin. It also seems you want him to be in the jungle which isn't a bad thing but I love playing him top and I feel Riot shouldn't take away his position there.

Battle Roar
- Damage increased
- Cooldown decreased
- No longer grants Armor/MR - instead grants damage reduction from Physical Damage/Basic Attacks
Ferocity Bonus: Battle Roar
- Heal unchanged
- Now deals damage based on Rengar's level

So pretty much with the nerfs to Q it seems we will be seeing the tanky Rengar come back with Sunfire/Visage and spilt all day. With the base damage and cooldown reduced on this ability it will allow him to clear quicker and even though the heal isn't scaled on health it will still heal more than it would with health scaling if you don't only stack health but build resistances.

The change from Armor/MR to damage reduction from AD sounds a little troublesome, you have totally taken out his MR buff for nothing if you want to get rid of these free defensive stats maybe make it like takes 5% reduced dmg? It kind of sounds broken so you could always mess around with the numbers.

Another problem that arises with this buff to W is the return of AP rengar. If you reduce this abilities cooldown and buff its base damage, while nerfing his Q all leads to the reason to just play AP again. The only thing I'm unsure of is how you plan on giving the damage on ferocity spells, will it do more dmg than W if im maxing it first? If not that just seems really weird and wouldn't make the "ferocity bonus" feel right.

Bola Strike
- Damage increased
- Bonus AD Ratio increased
Ferocity Bonus: Bola Strike
- Root duration increased

Once Again with these buffs towards his base damages on his E and W it seems you guys want him to return to his tanky state? Now rather than Rengar sniping off an opponent he seems to be one who roots them up deals a bit of damage and allows his team to clean it up.

Thrill of the Hunt
- Cooldown decreased
- Duration increased
- Movement speed increased
- Enemies will now receive a particle over their head when Rengar can see them; Additionally, Enemies will hear Voice Over on activation if they are in Rengar's sight range when he casts Thrill of the Hunt

I don't get the reason you add this, if you are already nerfing his huge burst why is there a reason to make him so noticeable to others? This completely ruins the most fun thing about him being a sneaky champion who scares the **** out of people. At the moment it feels this ability is going to be more used to scout people out with its low cooldown and more to just scare people off rather than using it to initiate onto someone. The reason this isn't a problem with nocturne is because his is a global darkness making everyone be scared, also his range to leap is far larger than Rengar's making it so he still can connect his gank before the enemies flee far. With Rengar you only have to get worried if you see a symbol on your head, taking away his global fear to other lanes and making it really easy to just play passive till the symbol goes away.

Over all thoughts -
Riot seems to make no sense with Rengar, at first he was this crazy AP nuker, once that was nerfed he became a tanky spilt pusher, than once that got nerfed he was unseen for a long time. At the moment Rengar is coming back into play slowly because people finally found out they can just build him full assassin. I was totally fine with this because this was how riot wanted Rengar to be played. And now with these changes it seems like you guys think assassin is to broken on him so your changing him back to this tanky champion. I personally hate these changes as a Rengar main as it totally kills his playstyle and pretty much makes him this new champion. With these changes I feel Rengar will have a lot of problems trying to fight in teamfights as he is really easy to peel if he doesn't finish off an opponent with his first leap. With the current changes Rengar seems to now be a big lane bully with increased base damage on his W and his E. He will return to maxing E or W and now with scaling damage on ferocity will just spam W in lane to heal from it. His laning will be godlike and he will just push top non stop. There is no point of him trying to roam because people will easily walk away. His ult will be used to dominate top harder, by either running away or by 2v1ing while waiting for your ferocity to recharge in ult. The thing is you wish to make him a champion who is a sustained fighter, but the problem with that is he only has 1 leap out in the open and is melee. Not a lot of melee fighters are viable at the moment because they are so easily pealed, it really saddens me you make his ult visible to all and I truly believe it will be the one of the most useless ults compared to what it is used for now.

If you wish to continue with these ult changes I beg that you atleast give everyone the icon/ sound so it isn't so obvious where Rengar is going.

I would really like to help you guys out with these changes, so if you would like to talk more and get into detail (numbers, etc) my ign is Only Rengar, I've sent both of you requests and hope I can contact you guys!

Not everything might make sense because I'm sort of just ranting and I just woke up but oh well =)
riot listen to this guy he is a well known rengar player in high elo. I agree with him your making him feel more of a tanky bruiser instead of a assassin and what makes it worst your making him ww tier with his ult.

Project BooMFiRe

07-16-2013

stop effin palyin up with rengar hes not broken in any way u guys just constantly wanna nerf him cuz u cant shut him down...fyi oracles got changed ..u guys nerfed him hard af last time and then rebuffed him and now ur going at it again.. why dont u nerf tryns damage? or khazix again nooooo nerf the rengar again

Swedish

Recruiter

07-16-2013

Long time Rengar player and main here.

Quote:
-Do you identify Rengar's playstyle as one that would be a particularly good fit in the jungle? What improvements would you like to see be made to help him out?
Absolutely. However, Rengar's base statistics suck, and currently he will actually die in the jungle, his first clear is horrendous, and even after that, his clear time doesn't drastically speed up. Also, he is item dependent, and at the same time, there is no reason to build tanky due to his lack of utility and the W heal change.

Quote:
What is appealing to you about the defensive boost Rengar receives from Battle Roar? I'd like to change this from just flat Armor and Magic Resistance to something that can be situationally more powerful and makes him less 'meatwall' when he leaps on a target
He isn't a meatwall when he leaps on a target. The armor and mr he gets from his W is pretty much a joke, because you're never going to max it, and by the time you have, it's relatively useless. Maybe give him a passive steroid? or % damage reduction after cast? Currently the only reason to use W is to build a stack, or to heal yourself.

Quote:
-What types of improvements or changes would you like to see be made to Bonetooth Necklace? Ideally i'd like to see this moved away from a 'stat-stick' and embrace more unique enhancements like his 'Increases Leap Range by 150'
Bonetooth is okay, but it requires you to snowball for it to be really worthwhile. Yes, it is very gold efficient without stacks, but there are still more entising itemization options you could look for despite it being only 800 gold. I would love to see movement speed increases with this item, or something else that's hard to itemize. Maybe a buff to one of his abilities when you have it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
General
- Health Regen, Health Regen/lvl, and Health/lvl all increased
Excellent. Ever since his regen got nerfed to 0.8/s you pretty much only have your W to compete in a war of attrition.

Quote:
Unseen Predator
-Now becomes visible at the beginning of the leap, rather than midleap
Not sure about this, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I guess if it makes you guys feel like you're balancing him and not just buffing him.

Quote:
Savagery
- Attack Speed removed (Temporary for now - planning on putting something else here)
So.. Your next autoattack does up to 150 bonus damage... Yay. This is a horrible idea.

Quote:
Ferocity Bonus: Savagery
- Damage lowered, Attack Speed lowered, Attack Speed Duration increased
Also a horrible idea. Would make his early game even more of a joke than it already is.

Quote:
Battle Roar
- Damage increased
- Cooldown decreased
- No longer grants Armor/MR - instead grants damage reduction from Physical Damage/Basic Attacks
Alright, seems okay.

Quote:
Ferocity Bonus: Battle Roar
- Heal unchanged
This is alright, but there would still be very little incentive to max it.

Quote:
Bola Strike
- Damage increased
- Bonus AD Ratio increased
Riot pls increase the cast range.

Quote:
Ferocity Bonus: Bola Strike
- Root duration increased
So... Would it always do more damage when you use it empowered? or not empowered? It should do more damage while empowered.

Quote:
Thrill of the Hunt
- Cooldown decreased
- Duration increased
- Movement speed increased
- Enemies will now receive a particle over their head when Rengar can see them; Additionally, Enemies will hear Voice Over on activation if they are in Rengar's sight range when he casts Thrill of the Hunt
Seems alright I guess. Would completely remove his element of surprise though. Imagine roaming bot lane, waiting for an oppertunity to ult in, you find your moment, press R, and the enemy AD and support are just like, wait a minute, there's a rengar coming to kill me. Better go to my tower. And your ult is wasted, just like that. There needs to be a HUGE movement speed increase to compensate for the notification. Like, when TF uses ult, he can IMMEDIATELY press R in an area and very quickly he will be there. But rengar cant teleport, he has to run to you. I guess make sure that the notification thing appears on ALL members on the enemy team, so at least then they wouldnt know who he is going for.

Hope I can influence some of your decision making.

NA Darklarik

07-16-2013

Part 1: item changes
Part 2: Kit Changes

Before i start, let me say what i belive Rengar's playstyle is, and thus it may help you understand why i think some of these changes/ideas would benefit him:

To me Rengar is a Predator, and im talking Arnorld alien trophy stealth hunter of the jungle tipe Predator (you know what i mean). Someone who can stalk and study his opponent. Who can set up AMBUSHES! An invader, and unseen threat that could pounce at you at any moment. A formidable close quarters giant armored white lion hellbent on taking your skull.

Thus, i belive him to be primarily a jungler, but also a decent top laner. Alright, enough of this, down to the Kit ideas:

Ferocity: Every 4-5? consecutive basic attacks will build 1 ferocity stack. Caps at 5 to give access to Emp Abilities. W, E, and R do not give ferocity. Q gives 1 stack of Ferocity.

Explanation: Counterplay. This would let Rengar build ferocity much more consistingly, especially in the jungle, where he is AA all the time, but it would also increase his counterplay against opponent, who if they can deny him AA or reduce his AS they can potentially chuck his damage output and strenght. This also prevents a Rengar who is playing very defensively to simply spam his abilities from afar and use his EMP W to heal everything off. The new Ferocity format promotes aggresion, and his synergies well with his Q.

Passive: Unseen Predator:
Effect 1:Same as before, Increase AA range when in bush or stealth, range 600.
Effect 2: If Rengar stands still and takes no action or damage for 4 seconds, he enters stealth. Taking action will break camoflauge. While stealth Rengar can use Effect 1.

Explanation: Couple of reasons for this change, here me out before freaking,
1. Rengar would seem like the type of champion to set up ambushes, be it in the jungle or in the lane. Suppose you see that your enemy is heading to his red, you can get there ahead of time, and set yourself up for an easy ambush, it would give Rengar a unique counterjungling mechanic no one has. This would also open up options in lane, Maybe rengar backs off a bit and stealths, the opponent thinks he is gone and pushes, only to be jumped on. TLDR: Ambushes.
2.This fits the name of the ability perfectly
3. Due to some of the nerfs i think his ultimate needs (which i will get too), this change still allows him to maintain a form of 'True' stealth that isnt OP and needs to be used smartly.

-------------------------
(R) Ultimate: Thrill of the Hunt:
Passive: When out of combat for 8/6/4 seconds, Rengar enters stealth only being able to be seen by enemy champions within 700 range or true sight. While Stealthed, Rengar gains 10/15/20% Mov speed. RENGAR CANNOT USE HIS LEAP PASSIVE IN THIS TYPE OF STEALTH.

Active: Range: 400-500? CD: 90/70/50sec
Rengar Leaps onto a Target enemy champions. Dealing a small? Flat/Percentage%current HP as physical damage and Marking them for 5 seconds. Rengar passive Q Increase damage (see Q changes) to the marked target is doubled. If the target dies within those 5 seconds and Rengar is in possession of a BoneTooth Neckalace item, he will gain 2 stacks instead of 1.

Explanation: ok, for starters, the passive stealth Change is for several reasons:
1. Stealth is used to much as an escape tool, and often times can be preety frustrating due to the delay. This means that Rengar would not really be able to have that abussive Stealth in lane to escape.
2. It befits his Jungler role as a ganker and play maker. While mainting his playstyle of Stalker/Hunter that roams (hence the mov speed) the jungle and is hard to pin down. The removal of the leap means he wont be able to perma ult gank all the time (especially since he gets this at lv 6). While the removal of the Mov Speed should he take damage means he has to plan his assault with some care, since now he is more kitable.
3. The playstyle of stealth+leap would still be conserved, if yo combine the active and passive effect (and the active bonetooth proposition at 20 stacks), but now has a lot more counterplay to it.

The new active effect would give Lane Rengar a bit more dueling potential. Since his Stealth is not usefull in a pinch and can often times hinder him due to the delay. It would also help him increase how quickly he gains stacks, since his item is now has more max stacks counts.

---------------------------
(Q) Savagery: CD: 8 / 7.5 / 7 / 6.5 / 6
Passive: rengar basic attacks apply stacks that cap at 5. stacks increase Rengar's autoattack damage on the same target by a %(small) amount. Switching targets resets stacks. Stacks fade after 5 seconds of not being refreshed by rengar's aa.

Active: Rengar's next basic attack deals an additional 20 (lv1)- 150(lv5) physical damage, and gives him a ferocity stack. After the attack ends, Rengar gains increased AS speed for a few seconds.
Empowered: Rengar's next basic attack deals 40 (lv1)-300(lv5) physical damage. Rengar's AS boost is doubled. Struck target's have there Armor reduced for a few seconds by a % ammount.

Explanation: Right now Rengar is playing like a bursty champion in lane. He cant duel or all in for **** against mostly anybody. His playstyle of building stacks for EMP Q then zoning out people in lane has little counterplay to it, its either: Stay out of range or get chunked.

I belive giving him a passive that becomes better the longer Rengar stays in combat and promotes dueling and AS (since his Q gives him AS), would allow Rengar to better duel against many opponents while nerfing the unfun aspects of his unfair Emp Q, escecially at early levels. Obviously his passive's advantages are reduces with attack speed reducing effects and kiting, thus creating more counterplay for him. The new % armor pen on his Emp Q allows rengar some counterplay to Armor stackers who currently can mitigate most of his Q damage, thus rendering his only source of damage nulified and rengar in a very difficult spot.

(W) Battle Roar. CDN: 13 /12 /10 /9 /8 Range: 500
Active: Rengar roars, gaining a %increase in AD and 15/20/25/30/35 armor/mag reis plus 2+ per champion struck for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds.
Emp Battle Roar: Rengar heals for a Flat amount of HP/scales of lvs

Explanation: The removal of the magic damage is a must. Its so pitiful at early levels, scales of AP which no one uses anymore (or shouldent use), that i belive giving it flat stats for 'battle' is more beffiting of the ability. Obviously it comes with some nerfs to the armor and magic resis, but buffs to the duration since i belive the Empowered should be a different ability all toghther. Thus rengar should be carefull which he uses and when and for what purpose.

(E) Bola Strike: range: 550-700 CD: 12 /11 /10 /9 /8
*Now a skillshot
Active: Rengar throws a bola in a line that colides with the first enemy champion struck and deals flat physical damage, and slows the target. Rengar can hold down the ability to charge it, increasing range and damage.

Emp E: Rengar Throws a Net in an small AOE (about same syze as Syndra's Q), dealing flat physical damage and rooting all enemies caught in the area for 1.5 seconds (slow is not applied). Charging the ablity increases its range.

Explanation: This would make the ability better overall, increasing skillgap, since now you have to aim it, and offering counterplay (dodging it). As well as making it a more usefull in lane. The new AOE effect in the empowered version would allow for trapping multiple enemies should it be throw in the right direction and time, but would also allow it to be dodge since its now has a travel time and its an aimed ability (better for teamfights)!

----------------------------------
Wow, that took me 4 hours damn. I would really appreciate your opinion on this Scarizard!
Edit: omg Only Rengar in this thread! Wut u think of my ideas :3 plz i watch ur stream all the time